SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eam44

OK, One more time. Layouts....

eam44
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm living in the house I grew up in. I started my kitchen renovation, stopped it, and have started again. Here is a link to my original layout thread that shows the overall layout of the house, which is a 1960's center hall colonial revival.

I'm moving forward again. Before I do I'm posting the two layout options I had decided make sense for my space. Could you throw your eyes on them and let me know what you see? One is a classic peninsula, very similar to my current peninsula layout except that I'm pushing it into the sun room a bit. The other, I call the island, but it isn't an island, there are support walls shown in red that will remain. My preference has been for the peninsula layout because of the additional counter space it will provide, but the island layout would be more open, and the light from the sunroom more available to the kitchen.

Before you weigh in, I should tell you the following:

• I'm not going to remove the wall between the kitchen and dining room. I actually use the formal dining space.
  • I do not want to cook or clean in an aisle way.
  • I want to keep some semblance of a sunroom... I still see my parents in that room.

Thank you for your efforts. I bought IKEA Akurum boxes for most of the space, but there is a custom box on each run that has to be ordered. I just want to be sure of the plan before I order the rest of the cabinets and the doors. Here is the peninsula plan.

Comments (86)