SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcd595

Vote--Wood vs. Stainless Range Hood

mcd 595
4 years ago

For the past 2 years, I've loved the idea of a stainless range hood with mirrored bands and rivets and thought I would make this a the focal point in my kitchen remodel. But, now that we are finally doing our kitchen renovation, I'm worried that this style is on its way out and that instead wooden hoods or accents of wood with more contemporary lines are replacing the stainless banded look.

I'm using white shaker style cabinetry painted either BM White Dove or BM Simply White. The pantry, which will be visible from the kitchen will be painted Sherwin Williams Cyberspace or BM Wrought Iron and the kitchen island will be stained in a light maple with subtle grey/natural undertones. We'll have quartz counters to mimic marble and oversized glass pendants with black metal finishes from Restoration Hardware.

I'm going for a modern farmhouse feel with a slight slant toward contemporary/transitional. Here are some sample photos of hoods that I like. I'd love feedback regarding which way people think the 2020's kitchen trends will be going. I've spent much of the "teens" thinking about this kitchen project and I now want to make sure that I don't stick with some old inspirations if the trend is moving into something new and fresh for the next decade. Thanks!

Comments (26)