SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabrinatx

Layout ideas needed for our bonus room

sabrinatx
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have a bonus room over our garage and want to start using it. It's quickly becoming a crap trap! LOL

We want this space to be multipurpose (media/game/guest room). A place for my older teens (19 and 16) to hang out in and a place for out of town guests to crash. It's a blank canvass. We have an idea of what we want to put in the room, just don't know how we should lay it all out.

We have a queen-sized bed but would prefer a murphy bed, A 50" tv already installed on a wall. I'm open to moving it, DH on the other hand probably isn't. We also have a large projection screen and projector. And a foosball table.We will want some type of couch and a small table with chairs for board games. One of the twin mattress I am going to turn into a rolling ottoman. It can be used for lounging, as a coffee table with trays or just a bed to crash on. Our room has 6 small windows and one larger window 3x6 for natural light.

I also need suggestions for paint color. I'm not sure if I want to keep it light and bright for our guests or go darker for a more media/game room effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)