Fallen Troops's Sacrifices are like Those Made By Trump Family

dublinbay z6 (KS)

I know--it's awfully early in the day to have to take in such nonsense, but this was just too good to pass.

-------------------------------------------

"President Donald Trump’s eldest son drew scorn for how he described a visit to Arlington National Cemetery the day before his father’s inauguration in January 2017 in his new book “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.”

“I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you’d call me hyper-rational, stoic,” wrote Trump Jr. “Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country.”

He continued:
In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were ‘profiting off of the office.’
Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually. Of course, we didn’t get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all.

Robert Maguire, research director for the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, used a Twitter thread to explain how, financially, the Trumps had “done no such thing.”

[. . .]

Robert Maguire✔@RobertMaguire_

This Veterans Day, be sure to thank the real heroes: Third-generation multi-millionaires who work at Dad's company and come from wealth built on decades of fraud and tax evasion.
These brave men sacrifice every day—braving private jet flights and mean tweets—for your freedom
https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/1192543643867000837 …

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.), an Iraq War veteran, tweeted that “even if Donald JR. lived a 1,000 years he will never even get close to being as good and honorable as” the eight men Gallego served with who are buried in the cemetery.

“Sacrifice is only a word to the Trumps,” the lawmaker added."

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-jr-sacrifices-arlington-book-142700908.html

---------------------------------------------

Life is tough, Donnie Jr. Sad but true!

Kate

SaveComment23Like6
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chipotle

Someone here attempted to defend his words the other day. Wasn't even worthy of a response. I feel that way about a lot of what I read here.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump Jr. is a chip off the old block with an even more nasty attitude. I pay little attention to him because he isn’t going anywhere but home.

5 Likes Save    
Chi

Ugh, that is so disgusting.

Please continue to tell us of your massive sacrifice where you have to try to continue on with your mere $200-$300 million net worth.

Those who sacrified all for our country have nothing on DTJ's suffering!

5 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie)doineedtoaddanamehere(8a)

Okay now I need this book.

Can I write the screenplay?

3 Likes Save    
steve2416

Trump, the one my age, chose to let one of my good friends I made in Nam die in his place. His son tried to justify it - no way, no how.

11 Likes Save    
blfenton

I heard and read about this and honestly my mouth was left hanging open and I just couldn't compute what he had just tried to conflate.

Didn't trump sr. try the same thing at one point? Talk about their "war experiences" or something, I don't have the time to research it right now but can later.

6 Likes Save    

Yes, Donald Sr’s “Vietnam” was the New York social scene. Because STDs.

6 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Did everyone see the FIVE time draft dodger is opening the Veteran Days Parade in NYC???

NYC...a city that despises him. Maybe they're prescreening the crowd? Red hats only? I think now he doesn't even care as long as it's a crowd. He's so delusional he's capable of blocking out boos. It's such a huge city, he'll get his share of Yays!

It's the first time in history that a POTUS has done this. Other POTUS have gone to Arlington. Something Trump did NOT do once because he was busy doing "something, something" at the WH. Tweeting probably. And I don't think it was raining.

It really does take some massive balls and a total lack of conscience as a DRAFT DODGER standing before these guys. He'll do nothing but make all sorts of idiotic, cliched statements just to get his puss in front of another crowd. He does love to use vets as his armor; Criticize vet-loving Trump, you criticize the vets. That's how he tries to work it.

10 Likes Save    

It seems pretty safe; most people will not boo the President on Veterans Day. (I hope :-/ )

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

That's what I meant by armor Miss Lindsey. That is exactly what he's thinking.

1 Like Save    
HamiltonGardener

I’m sorry, but that was so wrong of Trump Jr. it’s a glimpse into an isolated and narcissistic world.

3 Likes Save    

Yes, I agree whole heartedly with your analysis jama (unfortunately). I was just echoing you to add emphasis :)

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Shameless insensitivity is forever that family's M.O.

10 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Only a grossly twisted mentality could come up with those words. The Trumps aren't fit to polish the shoes of any vets or their families.

9 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

"Shameless insensitivity". The mark of a narcissist. That gene pool is nothing BUT.

7 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Delusional, and delusional enough to put his delusions into print.

What a jerk!

6 Likes Save    
lily316

Trump did one thing in his life ...raise sons who were as nasty, disrespectful, greedy, corrupt and lacking the empathy gene as daddy dearest.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"Didn't trump sr. try the same thing at one point? "

Yes he did. Mr Khan who lost his son in the Iraq war asked trump during the 2016 demo convention "What sacrifice have you made?" A few days later a reporter asked trump that question and trump said he "started a lot of businesses". ....and trump calls other people human scum.

7 Likes Save    
blfenton

Now, come on you guys, you know why he's attending the parade. You know he's been angling for a military parade for what, three years now, and he can pretend in his crooked little brain that this is a military parade for him. Can't wait for the tweets.

2 Likes Save    
Michele

grandpa fred was the same way.

Rules didn’t matter to him either.

Worship of self and the Almighty Dollar is their religion.

Won’t go to Arlington? Of course not. Too boring for donnie. Parades are more fun. It’s about him.

Have you ever seen his behavior at a funeral? he doesn’t have any clue on how to behave in a dignified respectful manner. If he’s not the center of attention donnie’s not happy.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

I'm sorry, Miss Lindsey. I hope he does get booed. They wouldn't be booing veterans. Something I read recently said that the Republicans still supporting Trump after the Ukraine revelations have lost their daxx minds.

Maybe we can agree that since Trump has to pay a $2 million dollar fine for cheating charities, that he deserves a public booing from those of us who frown on that behavior?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

His comparison on the tribulations of his family to that of our armed forces is revealing as well as appalling.

That he (and his editors) thought it served him well to put it in his book - just shows how misplaced (imbalanced?) his values are.

2 Likes Save    

barncatz, I’ll go so far as to say he deserves every boo he gets.

But on the occasion of Veterans Day, I would rather see everyone treat him as though he isn’t even there. Look right through him. Or even better, turn their backs to him which I suspect would be a more effective means of protest against the man who wants more than anything to be SEEN. Boos he can pretend not to hear, or his media can edit out, or his supporters can pass off as over-dubbing. Turned backs he can’t pretend away and neither can anyone else, especially with our visuals-driven social media.

5 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen of the Week Kitchen of the Week: Style Trumps Ease in a San Francisco Loft
What’s a little ladder climbing when you’ve got a gorgeous-looking kitchen design like this?
Full Story
Most Popular Houzz TV: This Amazing Lake House Made a Couple’s Dream Come True
Step inside a dream home on Lake Austin, where architecture celebrating gorgeous views has a striking beauty of its own
Full Story
Farmhouses An 1850s Barn Gets a Family-Friendly Makeover
Game night is on — and guests can spend the night — in an attached barn redone with respect for the past
Full Story