Buckle up! Public hearings begin next week!

maddie260

It's going to be some ride. And, suddenly, dt doesn't want public hearings? I thought that call was "perfecto"? What is he so afraid of?

SaveComment76Like4
Comments (76)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chipotle

He reminded me of a caged animal in his chopper talk this morning.

8 Likes Save    
Kathy

He was on TV muddying the waters talking about releasing another phone call as if it wasn’t already common knowledge. If he is so innocent he should be letting people testify and release the transcript.

13 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Kathy

He was on TV muddying the waters talking about releasing another phone call as if it wasn’t already common knowledge.

Heard that comment. He said that would be the "second phone call which came before the first"...........LOL! This guy never, EVA fails to say something stupid. That brain of his is one scary place.

14 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

There was a full page ad in the NYT this morning requesting that PBS televise the hearings live and then run them again in the evening for those who cannot watch during the day. Like they did for Watergate. It was signed by Bill Moyers and a group he is collaborating with.

15 Likes Save    
chipotle

^^^

McCarthy is replacing someone with Gym Jordan for the impeachment hearings. That should ensure said show.

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

I'm afraid I might not even be able to watch it although I'll try...maybe a wine or 2 will help it go down. These repubs make me BURN: Jordan, McCarthy, Kennedy...the whole lot of 'em. Lying, insulting, disrespectful SOB's. They'll be yelling, intimidating, trying to trip these people up with their tricky little questions. Good luck guys; these are pros and when you're telling the truth it's hard to get tripped up.

7 Likes Save    
chipotle

Looks like Jordan was just named in another lawsuit for allegedly dismissing a report of sexual misconduct while an assistant coach at OSU.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/referee-says-he-told-rep-jim-jordan-ohio-state-doctor-n1078476

7 Likes Save    
maddie260

Rs will look like the clowns they are. They have twisted themselves into pretzels trying to defend this quid pro quo. They are now throwing each other under that bus- it's getting crowded under there.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

This afternoon Michael Steele said something to the effect of “Lindsey has already committed suicide for Trump, now he’s pulling off his own limbs.” Yowza!

7 Likes Save    
maddie260

And, now, dt barely knew Sondland? It just goes from bad to worse.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Meltdown ahead.

4 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Oh, I haven't had lunch yet, and there's work being done in the kitchen, so off to Pollo Loco.

That chicken in the photo just gave me that idea.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

When Team Trump gives their interpretation of the testimony next week, it will be as if they were not watching the same hearings as everyone else.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

It’s remarkable that the liberal elites running the Democratic Party, who consider themselves to be the smartest, savviest, and most highly educated Americans, would have chosen Eric Ciaramella to carry their water. If Washington, D.C. is a swamp, then Eric Ciaramella is a viper who slithers among them.

Most Washington insiders agree that once you’ve lived and worked there for a while, it actually becomes very small. Residents seem to have at least some degree of familiarity with most everyone around them. Considered one of the intelligence community’s rising stars, 33-year-old Eric Ciaramella was well-integrated into the Washington establishment.

When the American people fully understand that Ciaramella submitted his complaint for the sole purpose of triggering an impeachment inquiry, and learn about his activities and close associations in D.C., the limited credibility the Democratic Party still retains will evaporate. Especially if the Durham investigation turns up criminal or merely unethical behavior on the part of Obama Administration officials.

(Note: This morning, I posted a summary of investigative journalist Paul Sperry’s stunning portrayal of this young man. Sperry’s full report can be viewed here and my summary, here.)

We have all known people like Eric Ciaramella. They’re young, ambitious, eager to please and the boss loves them.

For Ciaramella in 2016, that boss was then-CIA Director, John Brennan. He was only too happy to do Brennan’s bidding during the election season. Because of Ciaramella’s experience running the Ukraine desk at the NSC, he worked with Ukrainian-American Alexandra Chalupa, a former DNC contractor, and Hillary supporter. Chalupa’s work digging up dirt on Paul Manafort forced him to resign from the Trump campaign manager and signaled the start of his legal problems. It also laid the groundwork for the Trump/Russia collusion narrative which followed. And our wonder boy, Eric Ciaramella was a part of that.

In June 2017, then-National Security Advisor H. R. McMaster appointed Ciaramella to be his personal aide. At the time, political commentator Mike Cernovich issued a warning. He wrote:

Ciaramella will have unfettered access to McMaster’s conversations with foreign leaders.

Ciaramella’s ascension is surprising considering pro-Trump sources within the Obama administration disclosed to me in December 2016, that Ciaramella’s helped draft Susan Rice’s anti-Trump talking points before the Inauguration.

In fall of 2016 as Obama’s director for Ukraine on the NSC, Ciaramella was the main force pushing Trump-Russia conspiracy theories.

Some suspect Ciaramella was one of the original leakers who told the media about classified conversations Trump had with Russian diplomat Sergei Lavrov. While it’s unproven that Ciaramella leaked that conversation, it is now a fact of life that he will have access to every conversation Trump has with foreign officials, as part of his official duties for McMaster.

When this story first came to me, my question was, “This is a huge personnel move. Why hasn’t Politico run it?”

My sources told me other outlets passed on the story, because, “This isn’t the type of information the mainstream media wants out there.”

Staunchly pro-Ukraine and anti-Russia, Ciaramella is the media’s dream, which explains why this high-profile personnel move hasn’t been covered in any mainstream media outlets.

Both Rush Limbaugh and Paul Sperry report that he was kicked out of the White House several months later for leaking negative stories about Trump. This is the whistleblower whom everyone is so concerned about unmasking.

On Wednesday, after witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman testified that he had shared the readout of the Trump/Zelensky call with a small group, I thought the whistleblower, Ciaramella, may have been one of them or at the very least, a member of that small group had spoken to the whistleblower. (Unfortunately, when Rep. Jim Jordan asked Vindman that question, Schiff abruptly cut off the questioning.) Limbaugh also thinks Vindman told him directly. He said, “He [the whistleblower] did not hear the phone call. Vindman told him about the phone call. This whole thing is a setup. The whole thing is a manufactured setup. The whistleblower had been kicked out of the White House.”

We’ve already heard that a member of Schiff’s staff met with the whistleblower before he had submitted his complaint. Schiff had lied about this on a talk show and was forced to “explain himself more clearly” afterward. The Sperry report says that one of his closest colleagues and friends, Sean Misko, joined Schiff’s staff in August, and another “at some point this year.” Ciaramella submitted his complaint on August 12th. It’s pretty farfetched to think that Schiff’s fingerprints weren’t all over the complaint document.

What is amazing is that his name did not leak for over two months. Limbaugh calls that a “classic illustration of the swamp protecting itself.” But he also sees another reason.

Nobody would be impressed by this guy. He’s a kid — and I don’t mean to be insulting 30-year-olds. Do not misunderstand me here. But he’s not… When you hear “CIA agent,” “embedded CIA agent,” you think, “Spy, national security!” You think “grizzled veteran,” not somebody who doesn’t shave but twice a week. He’d be totally unimpressive as an image witness. He’s a left-wing government leech! Ciaramella is. He hates Trump. He loves Obama. He’s from the Ivy League. They’re a dime a dozen in government. The Ivy League is a factory for these kinds of guys.

One of the ongoing theories is the reason she [Nancy Pelosi] pulled the trigger and held this vote now is because this may be the peak of this. This may be the last, best chance they’re gonna have at this because the identity of the whistleblower is out. And once that spreads and people get an idea of who this guy is — got kicked out of the White House for leaking, is a John Brennan-Obama plant — the weight his work here has been given, will diminish. Pelosi wants to max out on it at the best time she can.

It will be the job of Republicans to broadcast this information. Every American must know that the current impeachment inquiry is just a last ditch effort to destroy Trump. It’s Trump/Russia collusion 2.0. Really what the Democrats are doing is interfering with the 2020 election because their efforts to interfere in the 2016 election, despite their valiant efforts failed. Republicans must make it their mission to publicize every corrupt move they make and hold them accountable.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/10/31/ciaramella-whistleblower-democrats-made-major-blunder-credibility-will-evaporate/

3 Likes Save    
Carro

Mmm...Pollo. Enjoy.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

They will be sticking their fingers in their ears. Lindsey said he wasn't going to read the transcript. Is he going to watch next week or will it be too difficult for him to watch.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Lindsey was right when in 2016 he said that trump would destroy the gop. Having no choice now he's just going with the trump flow knowing that if he swims against it he will be toast much sooner. Lindsay has to stick with the "Boss" and keep his fingers in his ears while they are crossed.

5 Likes Save    
maddie260

Redstate, breitbart, the hill, townhall, and such are not what I would consider reliable and/or factual news reporting agencies

4 Likes Save    
Chi

PBS will be broadcasting all of the Trump hearings live starting Nov. 13th! They will also be available on PBS.org and on their PBS app for Apple TV, Roku and smart TV's. Lots of ways to tune in!

I'm so glad Republicans insisted on taking the vote and making this all public.

6 Likes Save    
Jennifer

Pass the popcorn. I’ll be glued and so will bonespurs. But now he really doesn’t know Sondland who gave him a million dollars and was rewarded with an ambassadorship. Lol

Save    
Chi

Any bets on when he starts attacking PBS?

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

What's with John Bolton? His lawyer said he has more relevant information. He is dangling more information against Trump band the administration. Maybe he is getting his witnesses protection in place first? Then why won't he testify? Is he trying to get some kind of deal behind closed doors, immunity maybe? Or is he waiting for a book deal first? It's bizarre.

1 Like Save    
maddie260

Just discussed with DH. It appears that he wants to talk, but wants court protection. That is why he is awaiting court ruling re his assistant. It is indeed mind boggling that has a court date in December and was not expedited through the system.

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

Any bets on when he starts attacking PBS?

He probably doesn't have a clue what PBS is.

5 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Just saw this a little while ago:

9 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I'm very eager to hear what Bolton has to add. But like jama, I'm heartily sick of listening to these jeering clowns scream at each other.

3 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Now it has changed. Fox is pushing it is to difficult to understand.

Leave it to Fox News to tell their viewers that there’s no use in trying
to understand all this impeachment stuff—it’s just so darn confusing!

7 Likes Save    
batyabeth

"digging up dirt on Paul Manafort forced him to resign from the Trump
campaign manager and signaled the start of his legal problems."

um, no. Manafort was caught, and that's why he resigned. The start of his legal problems was that he was and is a grifter, a con man and a double dealing liar. I truly can't imagine how anyone, even the write of this "article" can look at Manafort and the actual facts of his trial and come away with, "he was framed by liberals". Good grief.

9 Likes Save    
5 Likes Save    
chipotle

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Now it has changed. Fox is pushing it is to difficult to understand.

Fox translation : For the past several years we've sooooo confused our viewing audience with terrible piled on bull chit pretzel-speak that we're too embarrassed to untangle it all for our viewers (or the country's) benefit.

Fox's Fallback position : You're too dumb to figure it out so let us continue to do your thinking for you.....so far it has worked quite well for them.

7 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

There are problems with there plans that do harm the clown.

Trump's Ukraine drama..........The Ukraine President took so long to do what trump wanted because he did not know where to go because rump had said all news was fake news.

That was funny they were telling him to go to the news and announce he was investigating Biden but he did not know which news organization that rump did not think was fake. Now that is a LOL

4 Likes Save    
elvis

And, suddenly, dt doesn't want public hearings?

Patently untrue.

1 Like Save    
chipotle

President Trump on Friday said there should be no public hearings in the impeachment inquiry as he railed against the process unfolding in the House.

"They shouldn’t be having public hearings. This is a hoax," Trump said as he left the White House for events in Georgia.

See him speak those words: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/469592-trump-rails-against-impeachment-they-shouldnt-be-having-public

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Elvis...it might be time to change that channel once in awhile. Why do you state sooo confidently that it's untrue? It's common knowledge he said that Friday in his chopper interview.

3 Likes Save    
2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Elvis, it is most definitely not patently untrue. trump said at least half a dozen times during Friday’s helicopter shouting frenzy that “there should not be public hearings. It’s a disgrace. It’s a shame blah blah blah”.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

That cracked me up, marquest.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Ah, context is everything.

Trump Opposes Public Hearings as a ‘Hoax’ (12 p.m.)

Trump said he opposes public hearings that begin next week in the impeachment inquiry, contradicting weeks of complaints by Republicans in Congress that the hearings held until now are unfair because they were held behind closed doors.

“They shouldn’t be having public hearings, it’s a hoax,” Trump told reporters Friday. “This is just a continuation of the hoax. It’s a disgraceful thing.”

The House Intelligence Committee plans to begin public hearings next Wednesday, and following that the Judiciary Committee will hold open sessions at which Trump’s team can offer evidence and witnesses in his defense.

So far, the only defense for Trump has been Republicans lawmakers’ questioning of witnesses in the closed House hearings. GOP lawmakers have repeatedly complained that those meetings are unfair because they’re being conducted in private.

At one point a group of Republicans barged into the hearing room -- including some lawmakers who were entitled to be in the room because they were members of the committees holding the sessions.

“I’m not concerned about anything, the testimony has all been fine,” the president told reporters. “It seems that nobody has any first-hand knowledge, there is no first-hand knowledge. All that matters is one thing, the transcript, and the transcript is perfect.” -- Josh Wingrove

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-opposes-public-hearings-as-a-e2-80-98hoax-e2-80-99-impeachment-update/ar-BBWt4m7

^^^I'm good with this.

Save    
cattyles

You’re good with the “president” lying?

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie)doineedtoaddanamehere(8a)

He thought it was a “hoax” while he was still demanding public hearings, too. Before the House voted to hold public hearings.

I went looking for an article and then I remembered: there is ALWAYS a tweet.

So “it’s a hoax” can’t be the reason to oppose public hearings now, since he already expressed that opinion concurrently with his professing his desire for public hearings.

1 Like Save    
Chi

They insisted on taking a vote, hedging their bets that the Dems would refuse and they could use that as ammunition. Now that the Dems did the vote and it's all public, they don't want it anymore. :)

The public testimony is what tanked Nixon's approval rating. Even if Trump is not impeached, that could hurt him next year.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump lies. Everything he says is a proven lie. Vindman has first hand knowledge. If anyone believes Trump they are enabling him to fleece US.

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

He’s resigned to it, talking about the future; leaving NY, “when I leave the WhiteHouse, talking to Burnett about resurrecting “The Apprentice”

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Seems we are living in two different worlds. Schiff has already declined every witness the republicans requested. They don't fit his narrative. No one should believe this is anything but a kangaroo court. Yet those that have hated Trump since Nov. 2016 will take anything they can get.

3 Likes Save    
how2girl

“Yet those that have hated Trump since Nov. 2016 will take anything they can get”

Save    
jama7(6)

mrskjun(9)

Seems we are living in two different worlds. Schiff has already declined every witness the republicans requested.

Let us guess....Fox News?? Schiff has formally declined no one yet. Yes, he probably will refuse witnesses e.g. Hunter Biden who have no relevance to the specifics of the case as he tries to prevent what the GOP hopes will turn into a circus of distraction; their usual schtick in hearings.

He's simply laid out 3 criteria the witnesses must possess which are not unreasonable to ensure that they pertain to the case. Really stiff requirements.

8 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump is not opposed, I'm guessing, to GOP Reps questioning the WB and the Bidens.

Save    
Kathy

How2girl,

Trump wants to resurrect the Apprentice because it made him look successful. Then otoh he says if he loses we will probably never hear from him again. Which is it? He always talks out of both sides of his mouth.

I hope we never hear from him again and I hope he is thwarted in his criminal money laundering and corrupt real estate deals. I doubt he can make it as an honest businessman.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Since the repubs claim that trump is innocent (nyuk) they should demand that his closest advisors testify so that they can clear things up. Call up Giuliani, Pompeo, Mulvanie, and Bolton. Each of them were directly involved with actions pertaining to trump's dealings with Ukraine.

The real circus and kangaroo court aspect is wanting the WBer and Biden, they are of no consequence to the charges being brought concerning trump's actions of withholding military funds in exchange for foreign dirt on a trump political opponent.

8 Likes Save    
Delilah66

This is going to be fun watching the right melt down.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

Ziemia(6a)

Trump is not opposed, I'm guessing, to GOP Reps questioning the WB and the Bidens.

I doubt very much he'll allow them to bring on Biden, the WB. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the charges and specifics of the case. That's the "circus" the GOP is after...

4 Likes Save    
chipotle

Schiff has already declined every witness the republicans requested.

He's not playing into the Republican conspiracy game.

4 Likes Save    

IIRC, didn't Mr. Trump count on his presidential run failing, so he could leverage it into more media $activity$ - i.e. a new cable network or some such?

Save    
chipotle

7 Likes Save    

Exactly!

Cry me a river...

Save    
chipotle

As expected, retaliation. Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman will be removed from his post at the White House National Security Council.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/national-sec-adviser-top-impeachment-probe-witness-to-be-removed-from-wh-council

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Vindman is doing too good of a job, he's one of the real best people which trump used to brag about hiring but now doesn't want him around. Trump needs more goose stepping toadies like he thought Sondland would be. Now trump says 'I hardly know Sondland". Trump has 1,000,000 reasons to know Sondland. A Corrupt to the Bone administration.

7 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes, removing Vindman is very upsetting because not only are we losing someone with a lot of knowledge, experience and integrity, but we know he'll be replaced with an incompetent corrupt trumplicant...

putin must be dancing in the kremlin! He's even now managing to get the NSC gutted!

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

I hope everyone had a great weekend. :) I can see it was crazy comedy weekend on HT. :)

Save    
jama7(6)

OMG...how obvious is it that Vindman's removal is revenge yet a spokesperson claims the dept is "bloated"! Yes....a general layoff. That's what it is.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Looking forward to the continued investigation.

Save    
cattyles

Borrowing!

Save    
paprikash

The hearings will just be more ugly democrat grandstanding. If the republicans are not allowed to call witnesses of their choosing, the “hearings” are nothing more than another democrat farce orchestrated to overturn an election they disagreed with. Pathetic!

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

The hearings will just be more ugly democrat grandstanding.

Well the Republicans showcased grandstanding in the Benghazi and email hearings so people have a good model to follow.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

It is a simple thing.

The GOP controlled senate thinks Donnie is above the law.

Does America agree?

1 Like Save    
paprikash

No one is above the law or beneath the law. Fair, however, is or should be fair.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

We've already seen how the house crats act. I have no interest in watching them lose their minds and start attacking people. Such ugly people!

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

The House is covering up for Biden — and the democrats in Congress are truly ugly

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Waiting for the proof.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Is Barr investigating Biden? It would seem to be within his power. No need for the House to cover for him when you have such a powerful tool, mrskjun.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie)doineedtoaddanamehere(8a)

“No one is above the law or beneath the law. Fair, however, is or should be fair.”

“Fair” means “the same for everyone.”

If everyone who walked into a courtroom as a defendant was found guilty, that would be FAIR.

What you’re looking for in a trial is JUSTICE.

hth

Save    
Kathy

No one needs to cover up for Biden. The corrupt AG Shokin that Biden was working to make leave was working with Giuliani. They were both corrupt. The a Republicans will be sorry if they open that can of worms because Trump will fall right into it. Even Lev Parnas has put out info against RG.

Biden was working to eliminate corruption in a Ukraine. Biden was a stumbling block for a Trump and Giuliani corruption. Totally opposite of what the GOP is spinning.

Save    
chipotle

I heard that Rudy's thinking about starting an impeachment podcast. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Save    
cattyles

That certainly would be a hoot. Let’s tweet encouragement.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A Couple’s Next Chapter Begins in an Urban Loft
Views of historic Washington, D.C., buildings and a desire for togetherness guide the design for a fresh start
Full Story
Life You Said It: ‘Stay Humble’ and More of the Week’s Tips and Ideas
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
Furniture 5 Big Trends From This Week’s High Point Market
Learn the colors, textures and shapes that are creating a buzz in interior design at the market right now
Full Story