7 Year Old James Younger Attends School AS A BOY For The 1st Time

catkinZ8a

Yay James!

Reports: 7-Year-Old James Younger Attends School as a Boy for First Time

DR. SUSAN BERRY

7 Nov 2019

Seven-year-old James Younger, whose mother reportedly began the process of “transitioning” him to a girl named “Luna” when he was a toddler, attended school for the first time as a boy, according to a Facebook post Monday at website Save James.

LifeSiteNews reported the post seen at Save James, a website begun by James’ father, Jeffrey Younger, but now reportedly run by friends since Younger is under a court’s gag order. Photos in the post depict James and his twin brother, both dressed as boys as they head off to school.

“Going to school,” says the Facebook post. “This is what it looks like when JAMES gets to choose!

Affirm this!”

Another photo in the post depicted the two boys with their father prior to attending church Sunday.

“James and Jude proud to be men!” the post states. “Save James, save thousands of children!”

The story of James, his father, and pediatrician mother Dr. Anne Georgulas, who reportedly diagnosed James with “******-*********,” traveled from Texas and created a firestorm throughout the country.

The child, at the center of a high-conflict custody battle between his parents, was shown at three years of age in a video released by his father, saying, “Mommy tells me I’m a girl.”

In October a jury in Dallas decided against Younger’s attempt to block his ex-wife’s plan to “transition” James and ultimately start him on puberty blockers in order to facilitate a change in gender identity.

LifeSiteNews reported the jury said Georgulas has full authority to continue to “transition” James. According to the report, a consensus of 11 of 12 jurors decided the current joint managing conservatorship over the twin sons of Georgulas and Younger should be replaced by sole managing conservatorship by Georgulas.

However, Family District Court Judge Kim Cooks ruled that Younger will share joint guardianship with Georgulas, and have the right to share medical decisions for James.

In addition, Cooks placed a gag order on Younger to prevent him from discussing the case with the media.

National controversy flared as more voices are warning of the psychological and physical damage that is done to young children when their parents consent to gender transition before they are capable of understanding the consequences.

As a direct result of the case, Texas lawmakers announced plans to introduce legislation that would ban p****** blockers for children with ****** ********* or label a decision to “transition” a minor child as child abuse.

Related legislation is being considered in Kentucky and Georgia.

Even social transition – encouraging very young children to dress as the opposite s** and change their name – sends children down a path that is ultimately harmful to them, say more physicians.

California-based endocrinologist Dr. Michael Laidlaw described this path as beginning at the earliest phase of social transition, when the child is “affirmed” in dressing as the opposite s**and changing his or her name.

“Social transition has the psychological effect of convincing the child that they are in the wrong body,” he explained to Breitbart News. “The puberty blockers are a drug-induced model of not only blocking essential aspects of development, but also solidifying the belief that they must take wrong-s** hormones to escape from their situation.”

The endocrinologist described “wrong-s**” hormones as “very dangerous” with risks of blood clots, cardiovascular disorders, and cancer.

“And, so, they’ve been brainwashed since youth, drugged and psychologically damaged by puberty blockers, then made even more confused, depressed and even psychotic by cross-s** hormones,” Laidlaw said. “They ultimately seek relief by having br***** and ********* and *******and *******removed.”

The battle between Younger and Georgulas intensified last year when James’ mother threatened his father with a child abuse charge because he would not affirm their son is a transgender child.

Georgulas petitioned to modify the parent-child relationship while referring to James as a “gender expansive or transgender child” who “by choice, now goes by the name Luna.”

James’ mother sought to terminate Younger’s parental rights because James behaved as a boy when he was with his father.

Georgulas also wanted Younger to pay for their son’s counseling with a therapist who affirmed his tran********* identity and his need for *********** hormonal treatments, which may begin at age eight.

The court prohibited Younger from dressing him as a boy or from sharing faith-based or biologically-based scientific teachings on *********, even though family friends who have observed James when he is in his father’s care reportedly affirm he dresses and behaves as a boy by his own choosing.

James’ “transition therapist” reportedly continued to identify him as “Luna” and to place him on track for gender transition.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/07/7-year-old-james-younger-attends-school-as-a-boy-for-first-time/

SaveComment63Like1
Comments (63)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arcy_gw

And the rest of the story: When he is 12 he will be sooo depressed and confused and angry at mom's STUPIDITY he will be put in a straight jacket. Poor kid.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

First we had kids afraid to tell their parents that they were gay, now we have parents insisting they change their sex identity. I agree arcy- poor kid.

5 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

And here is a more balanced version of the story, Link

1 Like Save    
elvis

Firewall.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Thank you, JG, for the more balanced link.

Here are a couple of pertinent excerpts:

"Many people wrongly assume that prepubescent transgender or gender-diverse children will receive medical interventions,” Katherine Kuvalanka, a social work professor at Miami University in Ohio, said in an email to The Washington Post. “The only interventions for young children is affirmation and acceptance for who they are.”

~~~

". . . At around ages 10 to 13, parents, health professionals and the child might decide to take puberty blockers, which delay the development of secondary sex characteristics, like facial hair or breasts.

Those can be stopped at any time, and puberty continues as it would normally. “It is only irreversible if the adults in the child’s life make it irreversible,” Edwards-Leeper told The Post. “If the adults can stay open to whatever trajectory the child has, then it’s completely reversible.”

Kate

Save    
catkinZ8a

From 2018-- and yes, it may or may not be taxpayer funded anymore--which is beside the point.

No problem--just take your minor child to Planned Parenthood for their sex-change drugs.

They want to normalize it a plethora of sexual deviances.

Planned Parenthood Now Provides ‘Sex-Change’ Drugs to Minors at Taxpayers’ Expense

By NANCY FLORY Published on January 19, 2018 • 3 Comments

Planned Parenthood will now be treating minors with “sex-change” drugs at taxpayers’ expense.

Dr. Suzie Prabhakaran, Vice President of Medical Affairs for Planned Parenthood, said it was time.

“We had a lot of parents actually reach out to us wanting to get care for the young people in their lives,” she told WWSB News. “So we decided it was time for us to expand the care that we were providing to minors.”

Planned Parenthood’s Other Source of Revenue

The abortion giant is making these changes as the abortion rate is falling. Pro-lifers are also pushing to defund the organization. This leads some to believe that Planned Parenthood needs another source of income.

Planned Parenthood has been treating adults with gender dysphoria since 2016. Planned Parenthood has quietly become “one of the largest sources” of gender dysphoria care.

Help us champion truth, freedom, limited government and human dignity. Support The Stream »

Harper Jean Tobin is the director of policy for the National Center for Transgender Equality. She said that Planned Parenthood was one of the “most important” providers of care for those who are gender confused. She added that sometimes Planned Parenthood is the only clinic within miles that offers ‘sex-change’ hormones.

Prabhakaran said “a lot of doctors can be judgmental,” and added that Planned Parenthood will give children “medications that affect the change they’re looking for.”

The treatment is paid for by tax dollars when “medically necessary.”

While other clinics must see a letter from the patient’s therapist to provide the hormones, Planned Parenthood does not. They operate on “an informed consent basis.” This means that the patient is only told about the risks and “likely effects” of the drugs before treatment begins.

Now, minors only need a parent’s consent to begin taking the “sex-change” drugs from Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood’s 2016-2017 report claims that they now provide such hormone therapy in 17 states.

https://stream.org/planned-parenthood-now-provides-sex-change-drugs-to-minors-at-taxpayers-expense/

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

You can read a certain number of articles gratis.

Save    
foodonastump

Firewall

Private mode.

Save    
ubro(2a)

arcy_gw

And the rest of the story: When he is 12 he will be sooo depressed and confused and angry at mom's STUPIDITY he will be put in a straight jacket. Poor kid.

Why do you automatically think that the mother is in the wrong?

Thanks for the link jerzeegirl, it was a balanced view.

This, from the above post.......

“Social transition has the psychological effect of convincing the child that they are in the wrong body,” he explained to Breitbart News. “The puberty blockers are a drug-induced model of not only blocking essential aspects of development, but also solidifying the belief that they must take wrong-s** hormones to escape from their situation.”

The endocrinologist described “wrong-s**” hormones as “very dangerous” with risks of blood clots, cardiovascular disorders, and cancer.

“And, so, they’ve been brainwashed since youth, drugged and psychologically damaged by puberty blockers, then made even more confused, depressed and even psychotic by cross-s** hormones,” Laidlaw said. “They ultimately seek relief by having br***** and ********* and *******and *******removed.”

....was explained in jerzeegirls's link with the following paragraph, way less excitement and fear, and more rational point of view.......

After a mental-health evaluation and discussion with parents, it might encompass a range of activities to help “the child to live as their authentic gender, and with their preferred gender expression, at any given point in time, without a presumption about their future gender identity,” she said.

For a 7-year-old, that might mean speaking to experts and potentially helping them through a social transition, which might include changing their clothes, hairstyle or pronouns. At around ages 10 to 13, parents, health professionals and the child might decide to take puberty blockers, which delay the development of secondary sex characteristics, like facial hair or breasts.

Those can be stopped at any time, and puberty continues as it would normally. “It is only irreversible if the adults in the child’s life make it irreversible,” Edwards-Leeper told The Post. “If the adults can stay open to whatever trajectory the child has, then it’s completely reversible.”

Save    
catkinZ8a

3 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Child abuse.

6 Likes Save    
JodiK

Thank you, Jerzee... although it's quite apparent not everyone has or will read further than the thread title.

If only people would educate themselves regarding gender, and the spectrum it is... and the reality of it all, when and where true understanding is employed.

~~~

Whomever coined the phrase "a mind is a terrible thing to waste" couldn't have known how apropos it would become in today's world! SMH...

1 Like Save    
Carro

I'm glad his father is more involved in his life.

7 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

It sounds like his mother wanted a sister and brother for twins. Unexplainable how she could know he wanted to be a girl when he was just a toddler. My two oldest sons wore dresses when they were infants. But not on the baseball field as they grew up. And I never told them they were girls.

5 Likes Save    
Carro

3-years old, mrskjun. 3.

2 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie)doineedtoaddanamehere(8a)

Taylor Day is woefully mistaken.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

We say we believe mental health should be treated the same way physical health is. I agree with that general outlook. If I had a child and fed it garbage food for all of its life, claiming the child was diabetic, could I not make my child diabetic? I am pretty sure I could. The same goes for mental and emotional health. Fill your child's mind with garbage and you will harm his mental health. Garbage in, garbage out.

Child abuse.

7 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

From the WaPo article:

Georgulas took Luna to see a therapist, who diagnosed the child with gender dysphoria — a mismatch between the gender assigned at birth and the one they identified with. From there, the therapist laid out steps on how to make the child feel affirmed, like letting Luna paint their nails and putting them in a dress, as the mother did when the twins turned 5.

/ end quote

I have no doubt that the child would present himself as male in the company of the father -- there could be lots of pressure to do so.

Save    
Olychick

I'm so sorry for that child. No 7 year old is capable of making decisions about things like this or most other things, let alone life altering things. I mean, they'd eat candy for dinner every night if they were making the decisions. This is really, really sad.

10 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Is it just me, or does it sound like people are hewing to gender roles/ideals more strictly than in the relative past? A boy who likes girlish things has to be a girl? He can't be a boy who is nonconforming, or a gay boy?

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Absolutely terrifying, those poor innocent pawns. Child abuse in its most debased form.

4 Likes Save    

“Is it just me, or does it sound like people are hewing to gender roles/ideals more strictly than in the relative past?”

It’s not just you. I notice it too. Gender reveal parties are a great example: “we saw our baby’s ovaries on the ultrasound and henceforth she shall identify with all things PINK.”

Take a walk down the toy aisle. You will find “girl” and “boy” versions of LEGO. Nary a pink block to be found in the “boy” spaceship sets; exclusively pink and purple blocks and long-haired females in the horsie and bakery “girl” sets—which are less than half the size and complexity of similarly aged “boy” sets. I recently perused a new toy: stuffy anthropomorphized balls from various sports. The characters all had names. The names were all male. Paw Patrol has eight pup characters. Only two are female. Their colours are pastel pink and lavender; the male pups are bold green, blue, red, and yellow.

I am not keen on the (very small) movement to raise “genderless” children but I do resist gender stereotypes and I have taught my kids “there is no such thing as girl things and boy things; everything is for everybody.” (Yes, that means my sons wear dresses when they want and my girls would be allowed to shave their heads if the mood struck.) But the culture right now is sending an incredibly different message, for a reason I cannot fathom.

It wasn’t like this during my upbringing in the 80s-90s.

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

(puberty blockers)can be stopped at any time, and puberty continues as it would normally. “It is only irreversible if the adults in the child’s life make it irreversible,” Edwards-Leeper told The Post. “If the adults can stay open to whatever trajectory the child has, then it’s completely reversible.”

~~~~

I doubt there is any real study on this. Yes, the blockers can be stopped, but puberty doesn't continue "normally." Puberty is more than a physical change. I don't know what to believe but I don't think the "experts" are making too many pronouncements and guesses about how to handle this.

3 Likes Save    
JodiK

Well, as a parent, I would feel more comfortable leaning on the professionals who have experience, and of course following the child's lead as to how they want to dress, and which toys they choose. Professionals, such as doctors and others who specialize in such fields, are a lot more knowledgeable, and have the answers to any questions I may still have, and can more easily guide us through the process, should there be an eventual process.

The outdated thinking is that only two genders exist, when this is not true. It has never been true... expect within the realms of religion and closed minds.

1 Like Save    
jlhug

Because this is truly a life changing issue, I'd want more than one opinion from a medical professional. IMO, three is far too young to make a decision.

And I agree with letting a child explore different types of toys, styles of dress, etc.

As a parent, we should ignore the colors and boy vs girl toys as we raise our children. Just let them play with whatever interests them.

5 Likes Save    
lionheart_gw (USDA Zone 5A, Eastern NY)

I would wait and see. All we have are competing testimonies from two parents with very different motivations.

The mother could be another Dee Dee Blanchard or the father could be a jerk, but I wouldn't transition a kid just because it's a hip and trendy thing to do. Not until I had some good proof. I'm sure other people will watch and see what's going on with this kid, if anything. It will become obvious.

That poor kid. Either way, he's certainly being used at this point.

5 Likes Save    
watchmelol

The boy has made his decision. And BOTH parents are under a gag order until the boys reach the age of 18.

James Younger, the 7-year-old at the center of the transgender custody battle, has decided to attend school as a boy.

Younger’s father, Jeffrey Younger, was blocked by a Texas judge after refusing to cooperate with the child’s mother, Anne Georgulas, as she allowed the child to transition from male to female.

Georgulas claimed James Younger identified as a woman and wanted to be called Luna, something Jeffery Younger refused to do.

Judge Kim Cooks placed both parents under a gag order and granted joint managing conservatorship to both parents in late October, meaning they must both consent to any medical treatments their children are given.

As part of the ruling, James Younger was allowed to decide which name he wanted to be called and how he wanted to present himself.

James decided to attend school as a boy and be called by his given name.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/7-year-old-at-center-of-transgender-custody-battle-opts-to-attend-school-as-a-boy

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

"She also maintains that James wanted to transition. In a press release, her attorney wrote, “Gender identity issues were not presented in one day, or one week; it was over a year from when the first signs were presented and INSISTED upon by the child.”

WOW. A whole year!! This is nothing. What we should do as parents is NOT put ideas/images in their heads, agree too quickly. We have to challenge them sometimes, test them to see just how serious they are... as we all know. My DD when she was 12 kept insisting (we!) paint her bedroom walls and woodwork black....she went on for quite some time. I finally said, "OK but you have to paint it and when you move out you have to repaint it again yourself and it's going to take at least 3 coats." What do you think she said? LOL....didn't really want it that much....she laughed and admitted it. I realize that's not a life changing example but you get the idea.

I think both parents require counseling, they're both showing poor judgement and she needs to stay away from Rainbow Therapy. James, if this continues, needs at the minimum counseling with MULTIPLE psychologists such as is done at the top treatment center in Boston. There is a very strict process that most gender treatment centers follow and it is NOT the way the mom is going about it. Extensive counseling by multiple psych pros starts the process for 6 months to 1 yr. Puberty blockers are not prescribed before almost the onset of puberty and hormonal treatement is never intiated until the kid is about 16...and they have been on the blockers for years.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

WEll, wonders never cease, I agree with jama))

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

She (the mother) should be checked out for Munchausens by proxy.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Many of us should be checked out for *MuchHouzzens* disease ourselves;))

2 Likes Save    
Michele

My experience with my three kids and other kids I’ve watched is they have vivid imaginations. They pretend (remember that?) to be all manner of things. My son was Batman from age 3-5. Guess what? We didn’t bring him to a therapist. My oldest daughter insisted on buying clothes from the boys department when she was around 10-11. She is a very feminine 27 year old woman now. Way more girly than I ever was.

I’m not insensitive to the issue, but at that tender age, just leave them be!! IMHO

It’s too early for this.

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Hi Michele- *waving*... we agree on something.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

As said at the very beginning of the OP, Yay James!!!!!!

Save    
Michele

Well well well! Will wonders never cease?! “LOL”. ;-)

1 Like Save    

Why yay?

At this point if s/he is even approaching average intelligence, and is a naturally compliant kid, it is very possible that s/he knows what behaviour is expected with each parent and has adjusted behaviours accordingly.

It’s incredibly sad actually. Both parents are probably a little right and a little wrong, as these things go in all aspects of parenting. Unfortunately they weren’t willing to be the grownups and work together, and it’s the kids who suffer.

5 Likes Save    
JodiK

Unfortunately for everyone arguing the issue, here, we'll just have to wait and see what happens down the proverbial road. We can no more predict how this will end than anyone else.

So what if it turns out that the child was born in a body that doesn't represent who they feel they truly are? What difference could it possibly make to anyone here?

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Why yay?

At this point if s/he is even approaching average intelligence, and is a naturally compliant kid, it is very possible that s/he knows what behaviour is expected with each parent and has adjusted behaviours accordingly.

That's an understatement Miss L. When I divorced my DH, DD was 2 1/2. She knew exactly what went over and what didn't at each house. Fortunately, her dad and I put her first and made every effort to be consistent with her. But even with our best efforts, personalities of course differed and then step parents add another layer. But even the very young ones are so observant and get it figured out fast. So yes...James could be sucking up quite differently with the parents.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

JodiK

Well, as a parent, I would feel more comfortable leaning on the professionals who have experience, and of course following the child's lead as to how they want to dress, and which toys they choose. Professionals, such as doctors and others who specialize in such fields, are a lot more knowledgeable, and have the answers to any questions I may still have, and can more easily guide us through the process, should there be an eventual process.

The outdated thinking is that only two genders exist, when this is not true. It has never been true... expect within the realms of religion and closed minds.

~~~~

I agree that it is outdated thinking that only two genders exist. I also think that any parent who goes to an expert is not doing it lightly, not on a whim. Some children are suicidal. I still say that the expert opinion is may veer toward keeping the children alive and happy but the methods may not be based on much study. Dealing with this issue in childhood is new territory. I'm not talking about the OP.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''

JodiK

Well, as a parent, I would feel more comfortable leaning on the
professionals who have experience, and of course following the child's
lead as to how they want to dress, and which toys they choose.
Professionals, such as doctors and others who specialize in such fields,
are a lot more knowledgeable, and have the answers to any questions I
may still have, and can more easily guide us through the process, should
there be an eventual process.

The outdated thinking is that only two genders exist, when this is
not true. It has never been true... expect within the realms of religion
and closed minds.

''

I have no dog in this game, I am a child-free, but the last thing on my list would be trusting doctors. Good chance to run into a psychopath (like the boy's mother, a pediatrician) who would love to make a guinea pig out my child for his own sick purposes - like writing a thesis on the subject. No way in hell.

1 Like Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

There is a burgeoning medical industry with a great deal to gain from harming impressionable children. Just a few years ago the medical consensus was very different on this matter.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Exactly Magaritadina and Zalco. This is a young child. Leave their gender alone until they are much, much older and can make their own adult decision! I find this whole topic appalling when it involves young children!

1 Like Save    
cait1

James is a twin. If James really thought he was female and its genetic or caused by enzymes or whatnot, then his brother, Luke, would also say he's female. Luke says he's a boy.

At age 3, James told his father that his mother told him he is a girl and put clips in his hair. That woman has a problem and was grooming James to be a girl.

I'm just grateful the new judge overturned the idiot judge's decision and both parents have custodial rights. Will be interesting to read the TX AG's report.

What's sad is that there are hundreds of children out there right now being coerced into believing their 'gender' does not match their sex. The child abuse in Western culture is appalling.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Professionals, such as doctors and others who specialize in such fields,
are a lot more knowledgeable, and have the answers to any questions I
may still have, and can more easily guide us through the process, should
there be an eventual process.

Uh-HUH. That's waaaay out there.

We're talking about children here, not science experiments. Shudder.

2 Likes Save    
Olychick

"LGBT community prey on and groom children"

What an outrageous and dangerous lie. The vast majority of predators of children are straight men. They are the dangerous ones to our children, the ones who groom them for their own sick perversions.

The Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute notes that
90% of child molesters target children in their network of family and
friends, and the majority are men married to women. Most child
molesters, therefore, are not gay people lingering outside schools
waiting to snatch children from the playground, as much religious-right rhetoric suggests

Source:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2011/10-anti-gay-myths-debunked

5 Likes Save    
Michele

There is no victory here worth cheering about. These parents messed up BIG time.

Making a huge deal about this issue to a three year old communicates to them how much it matters to YOU.

I think the greatest thing we could do for kids is not to mess them up with our own hang-ups.

2 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

While I support an adults right to choose whatever they want to be, I do not agree with the idea that children (especially this young) are transitioned by their parents. The worst aspect being the puberty blockers and hormones given as they develop.

The reason is that under the same circumstances, I would have probably been transitioned to a boy as a child. I was a tomboy, I climbed trees and hung out with boys, I hated dresses and girly things, wanted trucks and baseball and absolutely envied how lucky the boys were to have been born as boys.

Had I been asked, I would have very truthfully insisted that I felt like a boy, because I did.

Fast forward and I can also truthfully tell you that had the times been as they are today and they followed through on this transitioning, they would have been horribly wrong to have done it. I’m glad there was no chance the adults would have experimented on me.

8 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

WRT LGBTQ, aside from the fact that it is an age old slur to accuse gay people of targeting children, "gayness" is on the chopping block here. You must be 100 percent boy or girl, football or princess, no blending allowed.

2 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

Yes, we should not teach kids that certain behaviours are assigned to “boy” or “girl”.

If if a girl likes climbing trees, it’s a shame our society imprints “boy” in her mind. If a boy like playing with dolls, it’s a shame society imprints “girl” in his mind.

They shouldn’t feel like a “boy” or a “girl”, they should feel like children. Let’s forget about artificially changing the hormones of a growing child. Wait until they are adults and they can make a free and honest decision for themselves..

3 Likes Save    

“Wait until they are adults and they can make a free and honest decision for themselves..”

I agree with this, but I suspect I would put the age of adulthood a lot younger than HamiltonGardener might (that’s just a supposition). I think that for most people age 14 or so is old enough. Certainly by 16. Of course with that comes the caveat that parents would have been teaching their kids good decision making skills right along, and the kids would have been raised with a level of confidence and maturity and trust so they “know” themselves well. Obviously that won’t be true in all cases, but the fact is we allow people this age all kinds of social liberties and health decisions without considering their maturity level.

I strongly believe that any permanent changes (ie surgery) should be prohibited before age 18 and discouraged before age 25. Age 18 because that is the age of majority in most Canadian and American regions, and 25 because that is the age when physical and neurological development is considered complete.

I know that others disagree with that position because they feel that the psychological harm of waiting outweighs the risks of acting too soon. I think there are ways to mitigate the psychological harm but there is no way to undo a surgical procedure without devastating physical and psychological repercussions.

3 Likes Save    
JodiK

Well, there ya have it, Bleusblue2... just a few posts down from your response to me... there are actually those, who while never having been a parent, would not trust the professionals whose field of study and practice revolve around the precise subject matter being discussed, and furthermore, thinks doctors look for human guinea pigs to test their personal theories on.

To which I have to shake my head and say... a professional, who's office visit would not be free, and who sees a multitude of other patients with similar issues, after having intensely studied not only the basics of medicine, and the chemical, biological, psychological and emotional aspects, and then again studies each case before them... who is more qualified to lend advice or participate in anything following... the professional? Or the childless adult, that one couldn't even place the title of parent on? I'm going with the professional.

As anyone knows, of those who have actually put in time reading and educating themselves, this is not something jumped into lightly. This is something that takes time... the human body does not release hormones prior to puberty. But ultimately, the choice remains with actual patient as they grow toward young adulthood. Nothing is done lightly, or on a whim... as we well know.

That's not how the professional world works... regardless of the outbursts or ignorance we run across where this subject matter is concerned... and regardless of what biased media outlets would print.

One also wonders... with no dog in this fight, why would it even matter what the procedural timeline would look like, or what the eventual results might be? And 15 or 20 years down the road, would they even recognize the person in question, whether or not they decided to change anything?

As a parent, the ultimate goal is a happy child, secure in who they are. If that requires major or minor changes... or no changes, at all... so be it. That's my child. As parents, we do anything within our power to ensure their happiness, and we love them unconditionally. We don't place conditions on the love they receive from us.

Suicide is a very real part of this subject matter more often than one might expect. Look at the social hindrances and hatred they are forced to face. Oftentimes that includes physical abuse by those who carry that hatred and prejudice. No one should have to live with that fear... or the kind of depression and hopelessness that foment thoughts of suicide.

Finding the best professionals to talk to, to handle each case, is very important. A second or third, or even forth opinion may need to be sought. There are also support groups out there that can help.

This is yet another area where those with prejudices feel they must wield control. The world must look exactly like the one they've been fed, and it must not deviate in any way from the only one their closed mind can see or imagine. And that's a sad thing... in a Universe as diverse and wonderfully unique as the one most of us live in!

1 Like Save    
HamiltonGardener

This is the same Jodik who used to rant against doctors and how not to trust them in regards to nutrition or the human body, right?

4 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

margaritadina

LGBT community prey on and groom children....

What absolute rubbish. If there were an iota of truth to that, we can rightfully assume adoption by gay parents would NOT be happening. Do you think gay parents try to groom their children to be gay too??

2 Likes Save    
JodiK

How closely related are nutrition and the subject matter at hand, HG?

Will organic vegetables and fruits be the cure to the issue being discussed? Will essential oils and acupressure treat this with any success?

No.

Apples and oranges.

Save    
elvis

LGBT community prey on and groom children....

I vehemently disagree with this statement with respect to gay people.

6 Likes Save    
elvis

HamiltonGardener

This is the same Jodik who used to rant against doctors and how not to trust them in regards to nutrition or the human body, right?

Yep. Sounds like the same one with a different narrative. Evolution?

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Cait is in error about twins. They do not naturally always follow the same gender ID nor the same gender orientation. It is one of those things that we do not yet understand.

There is one critical thing about Transsexuals that I keep stating and yall keep ignoring. Some of the effects of hormones are physically permanent. Boys get hormones that make them have heavier bones, their brows and jaw lines thicken and they get that big adams apple not to mention bigger hands and feet for their size. Male to female transsexuals then have to go through all sorts of expensive and painful surgery to fix these things as much as can be done. You are going to be stuck with big hands and feet. If we as a culture didn't put so much emphasis on daintiness for girls it wouldn't matter but we do. Do YOU want to be a masculine looking girl? And there is the rub. If you don't transition before puberty you have problems.

Save    

patriciae we’ve all known people who fall well outside the parameters of “acceptable” body types, shapes, sizes.

I don’t think the answer is medical intervention for pre-pubescent children.

I think the answer is 1. raising confident children of any identity who love their bodies and value their health above anything else 2. slowly but surely training ourselves not to judge based on appearance (in any way) and teaching our kids the same 3. standing up to those judgements/jokes when they are made in our presence and teaching our kids to do the same.

Big or small hands or feet, round bellies, Adam’s apples, short or tall stature might all exist in the bodies of anyone of any gender. That isn’t important as long as the body is strong and healthy, and the mind is active and curious.

3 Likes Save    
bpath Oh Sophie(5b)

James is a twin. If James really thought he was female and its genetic or caused by enzymes or whatnot, then his brother, Luke, would also say he's female.

Cait, that is not necessarily true. First of all, do we know if they are monozygotic twins? If so, then it might happen that way, but not necessarily. And if they are fraternal, then they are only as alike as any two siblings are.

1 Like Save    
JodiK

HG, please tell me what nutrition has to do with sexuality, gender, and the spectrum thereof?

Where on earth did you come up with idea that all doctors are thought of by myself as evil entities? We love our doctors... but they aren't your run of the mill types attached to giant medical conglomerates, pushing the latest pharmaceuticals with long lists of side effects, some including possible death as a result of use.

Here's a question for you... why do doctors "practice" medicine? What other profession practices their trade? Most ply their trade.

~~~

Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would seek professional help where this subject matter is concerned, especially when it's your child. It's not exactly something one can deal with using herbs and oils.

I don't exactly know why the word "Evolution" was added, but yes... I do believe in evolution, as opposed to the fictitious story organized religions push... if that was your thought pattern.

~~~

I don't understand why the few of you feel it necessary to divert from the topic, and take it into personal territory, as the few of you always seem to have the need to do. It's perplexing, and distracting to others who might want to stay on topic.

1 Like Save    
HamiltonGardener

Jodi,

I think you just reinforced my point.

But that aside, everyone is still on topic. Doctors and parents making these decisions about pre-pubescents, and whether it’s appropriate or even possible.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Here's a question for you... why do doctors "practice" medicine? What other profession practices their trade?

Why do lawyers "practice" law?

Because they're still trying to get it right!

Save    
JodiK

Please excuse me a moment, folks, while I try to make a couple of things clearer to those unable to see them, who appear to require special attention...

~~~

Take a deeper look into the unnecessarily costly mess of our justice system where justice rarely prevails, elvis, and you might realize that some attorneys barely reach the stage of "practicing".

Heck, I could represent myself pro se, with better success in many cases, without caving and accepting a plea deal... which is just another way to gain a revenue stream in our new, and apparently socially accepted corporate prison system!

~~~

HG, what ARE you talking about... reinforcing what?

Above, you purposely pushed the train off its tracks to throw a snide remark my way... and one that had zip to do with the subject matter of this thread.

You mixed apples and oranges, hoping for some obscure result only you are aware of.

The reality is... you must not have been following along using accumulated context these past years, because if you had been you'd realize that lupus and the other health issues I deal with are hell and gone from the issues the child within the OP is dealing with.

In the case of the child within the OP, anyone with half a brain cell would recommend professionals of certain fields of study be involved. The case will be ongoing, possibly spanning many years, depending on the actual issues and the eventual outcome.

Here's the main difference, in case you missed it... I'm an adult, and I can effectively make my own decisions where my health is concerned.

The OP's subject is still a minor. Not only does he or she require adult/professional guidance, the child and the family may require specialized advice and care. We aren't talking about getting one's tonsils taken out, or performing an emergency appendectomy, after all. This is a little more complicated.

Is there anything else you don't quite understand?

~~~

Thank you for your patience, folks... carry on.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Room of the Day: A Boy’s Bedroom to Move Through Tween and Teen Years
Reorganizing the space with a new study desk, bed, seating and storage gives him room to grow
Full Story
Decorating Guides This Designer’s Client Was Her 10-Year-Old Son
What do you give a boy with a too-babyish bedroom when he’s approaching double digits? See for yourself
Full Story
Kids’ Spaces Reboot Your Child’s Room for Back-to-School Time
Give a preschooler to teen a room that’s more age appropriate, fun or to their taste
Full Story