Kentucky AG Election Ends in Historic Win for Republicans

elvis

We sure don't want this historic piece of great news to get lost in the governor's race hoopla:

Daniel Cameron won Tuesday's race for Kentucky Attorney General, and it was a historic victory. He is going to be the Commonwealth’s first African American Attorney General ever, as well as the first Republican Attorney General since 1948.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/11/05/kentucky-ag-is-historic-win-for-republicans-n2555981/

SaveComment46Like1
Comments (46)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Iris GW

Oh the racial angle again. Thanks.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

They certainly could have used a better photo.

PS: plenty like this one.

Save    
elvis

What do you mean? The man is super handsome, with beautiful teeth.

1 Like Save    
Carro

elvis, this should be a BIG story. I saw Charles Payne talking about this on FOX yesterday (Outnumbered) and as a black man and Republican, he was pretty disgusted that the MSM is ignoring this historic win.

What an accomplishment, and completely ignored by the black lives matter-Leftist crowd.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by elvis
adoptedbyhounds

"Oh the racial angle again. Thanks."

Thanks for posting, elvis. We can all be happy for Mr. Cameron, both for being the first African American to serve as Kentucky AG, and also for being the first Republican to serve since 1948.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by elvis
Chi

I don't remember a lot of Republicans congratulating Obama for being the first black president.

11 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Sad when a Black Republican being elected is big news......but sadly it is.

6 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

How so, chase?

1 Like Save     Thanked by elvis
Ziemia(6a)

Since when does MSM cover non-controversial state AG races?

Save    
elvis

I don't remember a lot of Republicans congratulating Obama for being the first black president.

Sorry, can't help you with that.

Since when does MSM cover non-controversial state AG races?

Since whenever it suits their agenda. This one did not suit their agenda.

3 Likes Save    
Chi

I just think it's interesting that Democrats are being blasted for ignoring this when the same courtesy was not extended to Obama for a much more historic win.

Maybe Republicans expect more from Democrats than they do from their peers. I can understand that.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Obama won with a historic 69.5 million votes, the largest number won by any president in our history. It's an accomplishment that took millions of voters who are neither black, nor Democrats to give him that decisive win. He won because he was a better candidate than McCain or Romney.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by elvis
ubro(2a)

What an accomplishment, and completely ignored by the black lives matter-Leftist crowd.

Now we are allowed to comment on race as a political success ?

I was on the thread recently where the left was chastised for being the party that always brings race and sexual orientation into a political achievement.

Who knew that what is good for the right is not allowed by the left? (sarcasm)

ETA in fact, after being so dismissed for applauding a Gay person being elected, I will refrain from giving the accolades this man deserves.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

ABH......the sad thing is that being black and being a Republican is so rare it's news worthy.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

...the sad thing is that being black and being a Republican is so rare it's news worthy.

The sad thing is that the left only care about the blacks when they are democrat.

Chi

The sad thing is that the left only care about the blacks when they are democrat.

Based on what?

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Based on the news, and the comments on here.

Chi

Completely ridiculous.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Right off hand, I don't remember being concerned about any state AG race except in my own state--and not even much in that case.

Since you brought up this case, I'll say that I'm happy that more blacks are stepping forward and succeeding in politics.

That it is a Republican win does not thrill me in the least.

Kate

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Catkin, I had that patch on one of my fringed jackets in the '70s, except the background was peace doves. Loved that thing.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Loonlake - you likely missed the point that chijim made.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

When Democrats help blacks they are accused of "keeping them on the plantation"

2 Likes Save    
Carro

We sure don't want this historic piece of great news to get lost in the governor's race hoopla:

elvis, black Republicans are person non grata to the Left. The are called all manner of nasty names for deigning to not be Democrat. We've heard story after story about the muslims who won seats, and that great. But this historic win for a black man?

Nothing. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Ann

Carro, I also saw the Charles Payne discussion and he had some very strong feelings. Good for Charles.

Save     Thanked by elvis
dublinbay z6 (KS)

carro wrote: "elvis, black Republicans are person non grata to the Left. The are called all manner of nasty names for deigning to not be Democrat. "

Not because they are black, but because they are Republican. Democrats do NOT support Republican policies and ideas. So why would they rejoice that another Republican got elected?

Kate

Save    
catkinZ8a

Sums it up nicely.

miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie)doineedtoaddanamehere(8a)

Carro

on Wednesday at 11:38AM

Yawn. VA elected a trans woman recently, too. Why is it all the Left sees is color and sexual preference? The hyper-awareness is conspicuous.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5819641/also-in-va-anti-lgbtqr-loses-school-board-seat-to-a-gay-man#n=35

Carro

20 hours ago

elvis, this should be a BIG story. I saw Charles Payne talking about this on FOX yesterday (Outnumbered) and as a black man and Republican, he was pretty disgusted that the MSM is ignoring this historic win.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5820280/kentucky-ag-election-ends-in-historic-win-for-republicans#n=42

The irony is palpable.

3 Likes Save    
margaux

The Republican Party has only sent nine blacks to Congress in the past 80 years. That has more significance than Kentuckians electing a black AG.

I'm sure we all remember how thrilled Trumpers were when Democrats made the 115th Congress the most racially diverse in history.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Chase, Blacks get to chose their own political party. I’m not understanding your sadness. I agree it’s still uncommon for blacks to seek political office as Republicans, but it makes me happy when they do and when they win. I think we all benefit when everybody is welcome to express their views and voters are able to chose the candidate they deem as offering the best ideas. Not sad at all.

margaux

Voter ID laws suppress some votes but the GOP has other ways too. We were watching a program the other night about the successful black culture in Atlanta. When Stacey Abrams went to vote in her own election, she was told that she had already sent in an absentee ballot. How many people would stand there and demand to vote like she did or would they just walk away?

Why do we never hear accusations of the Democrats trying to suppress votes?

Save    
Chi

"Why do we never hear accusations of the Democrats trying to suppress votes?"

Because Republicans don't want everyone to vote. They lose when that happens.

1 Like Save    
margaux

No, it didn't. She knew she'd be in Atlanta for her own election.

Save    
margaritadina

''

Chi

''

Majority of white Independents voted for him. That's the biggest ''congrats to the first black President!'' as it gets, chi (ll).

Congrats to KY, important key position, congrats to Mr.Cameron, best of luck to him.

margaritadina

''

patriciae_gw(07)

When Democrats help blacks they are accused of "keeping them on the plantation"

''

Darn right. Giving them welfare money to barely get by is keeping then on the plantation. Giving them jobs sets them free and makes them an independent thinkers and proud self-respected, and respected by the society people. Trump achieved it.

margaritadina

''

Carro

elvis, black Republicans are person non grata to the Left. The are
called all manner of nasty names for deigning to not be Democrat. We've
heard story after story about the muslims who won seats, and that great.
But this historic win for a black man?

Nothing. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

''

Carro, that's because ''some people did something'' HATES America and white men with her guts. And it's very much in style in a Liberal world.

margaritadina

''

dublinbay z6 (KS)

So why would
they rejoice that another Republican got elected?

Kate

''

Because they are happy for black people succeeding in life? No?

Chi

"Darn right. Giving them welfare money to barely get by is keeping then on the plantation. Giving them jobs sets them free and makes them an independent thinkers and proud self-respected, and respected by the society people. Trump achieved it."

Lol, Trump achieved it? Obama decreased black unemployment from a high of 16.8% to 7.9%. Trump has decreased it from 7.7% to 5.4%. Still a decrease but let's give credit where it's due.

1 Like Save    
Chi

"Because they are happy for black people succeeding in life? No?"

So all the people who didn't congratulate Obama were not happy for black people succeeding in life? Is that how it works?

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"So all the people who didn't congratulate Obama were not happy for black people succeeding in life? Is that how it works?"

Which works for you? An Obamaphone and food stamps?

Or getting hired in an economy where employers have to compete for workers?

Carro

Or not getting to keep your doctor or insurance?

Chi

Abh, I was replying to the post that said that people who didn't congratulate Cameron were not happy for black people to succeed in life. I was merely curious whether that same assumption also applied to the many, many Republicans who did not congratulate Obama's win. They must also not be happy for black people to succeed in life by that same measure, right?

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

It was more historic that a republican hasn't held that seat in 70 years. The fact that a young black man was the winner of the election will always be cause for celebration until it becomes the norm. And the fact that Obama was our first black president was also cause for celebration, but that doesn't mean one had to like his policies or agree with him.

btw a young black conservative woman, Kimberly Klacik will be running for Elijah Cummings seat in Baltimore. She wants to clean up her city.

Ann

Mrskjun, my husband saw Kimberly on TV today and told me about her, but I missed it.

Save    
Ann

I just watched today's video of Kimberly. I wish her great luck!

1 Like Save    
margaux

Is she a conservative or a Trumper?

Save    
Ann

She's someone who is very concerned about the very real problems of Baltimore and isn't interested in sugar coating them.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
The Art of Architecture Design Workshop: Is It Time to Let Basements Become Extinct?
Costly and often unnecessary, basements may become obsolete — if they aren’t already. Here are responses to every reason to keep them around
Full Story
Moving How to Decide on a New Town
These considerations will help you evaluate a region and a neighborhood, so you can make the right move
Full Story
Events Show News: Rare Quilts Get Museum Time
See 6 intricate designs from a California exhibition and get tips for building your own quilt collection
Full Story