SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb_m78

1st home! help ideas and input needed

Deb M
4 years ago
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Hello, we've just gotten our first home and have no idea where to start. the house was built in 1984 and it seems no renovations were done except for the addition of a bath fitter on top of the old tub. We're planning on staying here for about 5years so essentially we want to "flip" the home. the budget is very minimal for what the house needs.
budget 30k
my ideas:
- There is no ensuite in the master bedroom; only a small 2 piece in there and an adjacent small closet. I'd like to convert the closet into a walk in shower.
- update kitchen, the countertops and cabinets are too small for our appliances etc. would like drawers instead of lower cupboards.
- would like to open the kitchen to the dining room
- move the kitchen back towards the breakfast area/ garage. move fridge towards back
- change staircase opening to basement from hallway to living room side.
- slightly open up the walkway to the living room
Now obviously the budget has no room for all that but COULD YOU GUYS HELP ME DECIDE WHAT'S WORTH THE INVESTMENT FOR RESALE PLEASE?
I want to be able to enjoy my first home without having to think about resale but I also need to get back into the real world and make a sound decision. Please help I have 'decision paralysis'

Comments (20)