SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21808948

Mix Matching nightstands and dresser

User
4 years ago

I originally wanted to get these mirrored nightstands because i loved the "glam" look they gave off. I definitely do not want a mirrored dresser as well. Would it be okay to mix and match with a white dresser. My bed is a beige upholstered bed from Zgallerie. My bed actually looks just like the bed in the photo with the mirrored nightstand. Are mirrored things really out?

Thanks for the help!

Comments (136)

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Dawn Martinez love the first you posted - can you share the link?

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Allison0704 love all of your bedding suggestins, i have them all open now on my screen and will do some comparing. i usually end of finding our comferters at bed & bath and they hold up just well.

We do have a large dog who wont be around much longer but he doesnt come on the furniture, and a baby on the way.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Allison0704 of the ones you shared my favorites are the J.Queen New York & Sherry Cline Florentine. and i like the waterford baylon that i posted but seems to be out of stock. waiting to see the links from some of the bedding dawn posted as well

• Dawn Martinez
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Leana allison0704 got the link right for the Shelah by Waterford, from Horchow, but it looks like she found it elsewhere too! Great.

The Aidan by Waterford is also on the Horchow site, when I specifically looked for California King comforters.

Here is the link for the cover from Peacock Alley, the Elise Jacquard. I like their linens made in the USA from important Italian fabric, washable on delicate in cold water. However the linens are pricey, but will last.

https://www.peacockalley.com/products/elise-jacquard-duvet-cover

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I ordered this one ^ didnt get pillows because it was all sold separately and want to see if i like it first but found it for 250 at macys.

• Dawn Martinez
    4 years ago

Leana, that's a great price for the Shelah by Waterford? Hope you like it.

User thanked Dawn Martinez
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Got my bedspread in, i think it looks great. I didn't order any of the accent pillows, just the 2 shams. so now need to get some pillows to accessorize and get my bench!

Here are photos - and now i find myself back at the bench dilemma lol.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Photo

• Gcubed
    4 years ago

Everything is looking great. Hope it’s feeling like home.
    Just a small thing, but can you paint the vent above your bed the same color as the wall? I find my eye going to that vs the photos.

User thanked Gcubed
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Good idea, didnt even think of that!

• drblount10
    4 years ago

Happy New Year and Happy New comforter! Very nice, picks up your rug and bed. Bench, drapes, throw, and pillows can pull from any of the colors in there and look good. Wedding photos are nice! Or take a suggestion from allison0704 and choose and accent color. The grey looks green on my screen, a subtle sea glass green? If it is blue grey, a nice muted blue? Very elegant and soothing. Keep us posted!

User thanked drblount10
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The grey walls are a blue-ish grey, once i moved my beige bed in, the walls became very blue looking which at first i hated, but i think it's growing on me :)

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

Is that a speaker in the wall next to HVAC vent? If so, many of them are paintable. We had ones similar to yours in our last home.

The comforter looks nice. I would pull it down over the footboard a little, to hide the top of frame and be same length as sides of bed. I like the quilted Euros they sell in the Waterford Shelah set. The pattern adds some texture.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes its a speaker - i will get them painted eventually . I did feel like the comforter was a little short even though i ordered a california king.

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

Is it folded back at the top, or is that the way it is made? I find ALL comforters and duvet covers are too small. On the other hand, the coverlets I ordered for our MBR And DGS guest room are on the longer side.

User thanked Allison0704
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Allison0704 i folded it at the top, it wasn't able to cover the pillows and cover the footboard, so i just kind of folded it. also the pillow shams don't have pillows in them which is whey they look so deflated. need to pick up a few more king pillows

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

i ordered 2 pillows - now that your seeing my bed spread, do you think the benches we originally looked at work? Also - should i look for something as long as possible since my bed is a king? @Allison0704

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

I like the length and look of this one, but not sure if material is right. It's hard to match online. I also like that it ties in with your dresser and lamps.

Weston Bench

I've been looking for a silver metal base bench with upholstered top, but most of the fabrics or bases are wrong, or they too high in price.

Now this would. be fun.

TOV Bench with silver base

User thanked Allison0704
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Allison0704 love both of those - leaning towards the first because my husband would hate the 2nd LOL.

What about something like this with the silver base

or one of these:

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/wade-logan-arely-upholstered-bench-wlgn7130.html?piid=20685322%2C20685325

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/studio-designs-home-lintel-leather-bench-stdh1024.html?piid=42723675%2C18626362

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

Definite no on the Lintel bench. Look for a silver base bench with a X design, metal or upholstered, like this

Darby Home Wynwood Bench.

This base is also interesting, and does not have hard lines like everything else in the room. Not sure the white will work though, but you get the idea.

Willa Arlo Alshain Bench

• Allison0704
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Freeland

Be sure you're checking height and length on anything I post. I am not always looking at dimensions, but styles.

Rickey

User thanked Allison0704
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you so much! i will go through all of thesethis afternoon. My next question - im picking out some curtains and right now am looking through these 2 links but cant decide on a color. Want to do these because they're thick and supposed to be somewhat sound cancelling - we have a lot of noise in this area unfortunately

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P8JY5FH/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1SJX6IZODBLUO&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJGX1BY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1SJX6IZODBLUO&psc=1

as you can see they come in tons of shades. Should i just stick with a simple beige to match my bed, or go for a more off white?

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

Look for blackout curtains with a white backing. Pottery Barncarries them, so others would as well. You don't want black lining showing from outside the house, if it's just the backyard. Pole pocket curtains are more suited to your space and you could hang from rings if you want. DD2 had their Emery curtain panels in her last two homes. One sale plus 20% off code available online.

Curtains won't really reduce noise very much, if at all, so you could get a sound machine (this Marpac Dohm is a good one that adjusts from Amazon - all of our grandchildren use them in their rooms and I have at my house for when they sleep over) or put a small fan somewhere in the room for noise (that's what we have in our MBR on top of armoire so it's not seen).

User thanked Allison0704
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

good idea about the noise machine, ill probably have to do that.

What are pole pocket curtains? the one link i sent does not have black back - it's the same color as the front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9J8X1N/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A1SJX6IZODBLUO&th=1

don't want to spend lots on curtains but want something nice and thick.

• drblount10
    4 years ago

Hello again Ms Leana, not trying to stalk you, just did not realize till today you had multiple threads for multiple rooms. I vote the pretty caramel beige like your bed to warm it up--the first Amazon choice. Noise machine is a good idea too. My only concern is the fireplace being too close, just watch for that, it may be ok. Your house is looking great!

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

as for color, I would stay away from beige and go for more of a white. I say white as it can work with the trim and with the matting in the frames. it would brighten it up a bit. off white could work too. maybe look for something like a linen that wont be as stark white, but still white and will have some texture. in addition you could also get a sheer curtain that would go behind the main curtain for a layered look. plus you can open up the main curtain and have the sheer closed and it will still let in light and offer a little more privacy vs no sheer.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Oka noted.

Would a light or dark grey curtain work? Or stick to whites

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

The last curtain you linked from Amazon has large metal grommets (holes) the curtain rod goes through to hang. Looking at customer photos uploaded to Amazon, they don't appear to be light blocking, especially the white/lighter color curtains.

A rod pocket curtain has a sewn sleeve across the top of the curtain that the curtain rod goes through to hang.

User thanked Allison0704
  • Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

dark grey curtains would be lovely too and to me would be more sophisticated vs the white. i would suggest a dark grey velvet. white would he more light and airy, so it depends on the look you want.

User thanked Theresa Janssen
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have ordered a bunch of different options, light and dark to see what we like! I will post updated photos for you all :) still working on bench & chair options - chair for in front of the floor mirror, but wanting to pick something inexpensive up at home goods for that. Next need to get our tv mounted and put a few decorations up around. We aren't 100% moved in yet.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

So we found this chair we liked at pottery barn, small cuddler chair for next to the mirror. Im looking between these 2 shades. The chair is going to go where the little poof is next to the mirror... also we went with dark grey curtains , velvety they are very nice.

• Gcubed
    4 years ago

I think I like the gray- to balance the curtains on the other side.

User thanked Gcubed
  • Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

i like the grey too. curtains look lovely and I like the texture of them.

• drblount10
    4 years ago

Curtains look great! Since it is in the bedding you can't go wrong. Your ivory shades pick up your bedding too. With the new curtains I too vote grey but either will look good. You have great taste!

User thanked drblount10
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@allison - any recc. For a good sound machine to block out highway noise? The windows is this room are killing me, i haven’t been able to sleep & am pregnant so am slowly losing my mind & sanity. Need something good & powerful enough to drone out highway noise , you had mentioned you use one. Thanks!

• Allison0704
    4 years ago

This is the one I have used for 8 years now. Marpac Dohm Classic White Noise Machine

• drblount10
    4 years ago

Hi Ms. Leana, just wanted to see if there are any updates, and if you and Baby are well?

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi!

Baby is not here yet, still have a a little bit, so busy trying to finish settling in. The bedroom is coming together, here are some updated photos. This is our old bench from our old bedroom set, but my new one should actually be here today. Need to find a chair for next to the mirror and some art for above the dresser, as that wall is looking extra naked. This was at night and didnt turn on all the lights, we do have better lighting haha. Also need hubby to get tv up . Maybe getting a little basket for next to dresser for extra pillows? Also havent worked on pillows, these are all ones i’ve had. Any suggestions?

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi!

Baby is not here yet, still have a a little bit, so busy trying to finish settling in. The bedroom is coming together, here are some updated photos. This is our old bench from our old bedroom set, but my new one should actually be here today. Need to find a chair for next to the mirror and some art for above the dresser, as that wall is looking extra naked. This was at night and didnt turn on all the lights, we do have better lighting haha. Also need hubby to get tv up . Maybe getting a little basket for next to dresser for extra pillows? Also havent worked on pillows, these are all ones i’ve had. Any suggestions?

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

looking great! love the new dresser. how do you like it all? I would suggest getting all white sheets(i know you didn't ask about sheets, but I think all white sheets would be nice and crisp). for pillows, you have a great start, I would get 3 euro size pillows in a white with some texture, like quilted white. put those in front of the pillows you sleep on and then layer the ones you have in front. I would also add a dark grey velvet pillow to pull over your curtain color.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Definitely agree about the sheets. I picked up a set in white & grey just havent changed them yet. Ill keep an eye out for some large white pillows to layer with!

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Feel like something like this would match my rug nice, more of a cream - ill keep on the lookout. Im loving it so far, all coming together slowly but surely. Also will paint the vent to match the wall whenever we are painting the other rooms

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

cream works too, but you do have white in the room too, so dont be concerned about white with cream. it works, but I also understanding you really love cream.

• drblount10
    4 years ago

Thanks for the update, Ms Leana! It looks great and perfect for napping between feeding and changing (from what I hear--I don't have kids myself).

My take so far: find a couple of ways to repeat the dark grey since this is the curtain color--pillowcases, throw, bench, chair--not all of these, just throwing some ideas out there. You have a beautiful home!

User thanked drblount10
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@drblount10 thank you! My new bench i ordered is a dark grey like my curtains so fingers crossed the colors work!

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

all the work you have put in is really paying off.... congrats...

you mentioned you would like a chair for the room and I thought this style could work... it may not be your cup of tea, but I like the curves and think it would compliment the wood in your dresser... feels like the only wood you have is the dresser and you have a lot of straight lines, so thought this could break the straight lines up some.

https://www.ballarddesigns.com/louisa-bergere-chair/furniture/living-room/chairs/260858?uniqueId=260858&;

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

ah thank you for all the choices! I'll pick some out to order. Also love that chair and found a similar one at home goods recently. I've been keeping an eye out. We have the floor standing mirror on one side and it needs a chair or something to replace the little poof i have, which i actually need to return to home goods lol.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Photo: