SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Need ideas please...found money on sidewalk

Yesterday while walking the dog in my condo neighborhood, I saw a little envope...picked it up and it had a persons name on it, has some cash in it...My guess is they dropped it most likely after parking on the street and then walking to wherever they live. It's the same condo neighbor hood as mine but not my immediate street/area.

I wanted to try to see if I could find the person. I didnt know if should knock on a couple doors that is closest to the sidewalk area where I found it and ask if they know of any "marys" that live there, or post a note on the mail box up in that area of the condos.

If I posted a note on the mailbox, I'm trying to figure out how to not make is sound creepy.

I was thinking of something along the lines of "found something out by the sidewalk while walking my dog that may belong to a "mary" that possilbly lives in one of the nearby condos...please call or text ###-###-####"

I'm thinking it's tip money...so do I ask if a "mary" calls if they work at a restaurant by chance??

or any suggested wording? or it could also be a visitor of someone who lives in my condos...I dont know...but I would at least try to get the little enelope back to the right person.

Comments (27)