SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
r_matthew_f

Exterior Architecture - What Can We Do?

r_matthew_f
4 years ago

Hello. My wife and I are in some of exterior architecture help for the front of our 1930s cottage. We have owned our home for approximately a year and have made our way through the interior and are beginning to tackle the outside.

We connected with an old architect friend who had suggested a couple options to consider and would love some feedback. (Neither my wife nor I have any creative bone and struggle to 'visualize the idea' so if you could reference any pictures or illustrations we would both very much appreciate it). Here are a few of the things we have been considering:

· Painting the Exterior. We are both fans of the clean white 'modern farmhouse' as well as dark + wood modern color combination.

· Front Porch Build. Adding some sort of front porch to the house

· Working Shutters. Beef up the shutters to match the windows

· Roofline. Not sure what we could do here with faux dormers or if we could break up the monotonous roof by building up the porch?

· Landscape. We actually already have a landscape design friend who has offered to help once we figure out our plans for the house. I know this will make a drastic change as well.

So basically, would love any feedback on home colors/textures that we should consider and options for porches would be very much appreciated. I have attached a few pictures of the home and inspiration homes to help :-)

RMF

Our Current House

Exterior Architecture Help · More Info

Inspiration Pictures

Comments (8)