Pelosi, Schiff Rebuke House Republicans after Censure Vote Fails

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Pelosi and Schiff prevail!

------------------

"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D., Calif.) chastised House Republicans on Monday night for retaliating against his efforts to impeach President Trump rather than assisting in the process.

“It will be said of House Republicans, When they found they lacked the courage to confront the most dangerous and unethical president in American history, They consoled themselves by attacking those who did,” he wrote on Twitter.

On Monday, the House rejected along party lines a resolution, originally introduced by Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs (R., Ariz.), that called for Schiff’s resignation and accused him of “egregiously false and fabricated retelling” of President Trump’s July 25 phone call. The censure resolution also accused Schiff of making “a mockery of the impeachment process, one of this chamber’s most solemn constitutional duties.”

Biggs was joined by Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R., Calif.), Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R., La.), and conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (R., Wyo.) in sponsoring the bill. Following the vote, McCarthy accused Democrats of electing “to put politics over truth.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued her own statement following the vote, calling Schiff “a great American patriot” for his pursuit of impeachment,.

“What the Republicans fear most is the truth. The President betrayed the oath of office, our national security and the integrity of our elections, and the GOP has not even tried to deny the facts,” Pelosi’s statement reads. “Instead, Republicans stage confusion, undermine the Constitution and attack the person of whom the President is most afraid.

“The American people want the truth. The House will proceed with our impeachment inquiry to find the facts and expose the truth, guided by our Constitution and the facts. This is about patriotism, not politics or partisanship.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-schiff-rebuke-house-republicans-120852737.html

------------------------

Works for me!

Kate

SaveComment13Like4
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued her own statement following the vote, calling Schiff “a great American patriot” for his pursuit of impeachment,.

LOL- creepy bugged eyed liar.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Schiff is the colluder.

3 Likes Save    
Carro

I'm glad Republicans did this. It needed to be done. Pelosi and Schiff have no souls, so no one expected them to respond any differently.

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“ creepy bugged eyed liar”

OMG! I’ve never been so insulted in my life!

JK! WINNING!

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

McCarthy accused Democrats of electing “to put politics over truth.”

Two words: Devin Nunes

McCarthy has no place lecturing House Democrats until House and Senate Republicans place country before political party.

McCarthy and Nunes are two of the seven GOP House members from California. Maybe in 2020 we can reduce that number even more.

4 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Winning!

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Not really.

Donald Trump is STILL President and MAGA.

Schiff and Pelosi have shown us they will cheat to try to win.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Counting on you, Nancy, to get rid of McCarthy and Nunes. ; )

Kate

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Schiffty's witnesses are debunking the Dem's claims--that's one reason they're hiding the full transcripts.

Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

yes, yes, that must be it! Screenshot this, please, for when you are proven right!!!

3 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

I like Schiff's own words on this:

It will be said of House Republicans, When they found they lacked the courage to confront the most dangerous and unethical president in American history, They consoled themselves by attacking those who did.

I like that eloquence.

I guess others think making fun of someone's surname and calling then "Schiffty" is the height of clever eloquence. Well if you want to be anti-elite, it sure is that! Kudos earned.

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

Don’t be sore losers. Accept the truth.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Following the vote, McCarthy accused Democrats of electing “to put politics over truth.”

Amen, brother.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Key Measurements to Make the Most of Your Bathroom
Fit everything comfortably in a small or medium-size bath by knowing standard dimensions for fixtures and clearances
Full Story