SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grace_romito

HELP! Repotting Meyer lemon in 5-1-1 for the winter inside

Grace Romito
4 years ago

Decided to start a new discussion but add pictures this time so you all have a better idea of what I’m working with.

Moved it inside about 2-3 weeks ago. Attempted to slowly transition inside. Seeing leaf drop and nutrient deficiencies in leaves. I know this is somewhat expected after moving it in for the winter. However, I know if I don’t change things up, this plant is doomed.

The soil is MG and doesn’t drain properly, cannot have this for the winter!

Also, it bloomed outside and has 2 tiny green lemons. Since the struggle of moving inside, besides the leaf drop, I’m seeing new buds develop. While outside it also grew 2 new stems but I’m thinking they are too low and should be pruned off but I don’t know so I’ve kept them. Should I chop them?

see attached pictures

general questions:

1) Should I bare root it and if so, how do I properly do that?

Always just attempted to get most of the old soil off but always let a good amount remain around roots.

2) should I let the 5-1-1 mix sit for a week or 2 before I use it?

3) heat source for roots? Room temp is generally around 72-76.

4) grow lights?

5) should I remove the new buds to help the plant recover after the repot, which btw I am using the same size but adding better drainage holes.

6) should I keep it in shade for a week or 2 after?

7) general procedure...

when and how often to water with the repot and 5-1-1...

fertilizer... I am going to add oscomolte plus to the mix and have dyno gro foliage pro

8) thoughts on my humidifier and distance to plant

9) should I start to add vinegar to my water as I use tap?

lets start with all of that! Haha, ugh.

Comments (33)