SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decker11

bathroom tile help...I’m exhausted from looking!

Kim
4 years ago

I’m at my wits end with bathroom tile. I would really like a light, bright coastal feeling room with soft sea glass as my accent color. I’ll be darned if I can get there.

First 2 pics show a lovely blue-green accent tile (perhaps a bit bolder than I had in mind originally) with a few different shower flooring choices, which don’t really appeal. I don’t think the 2x2 “marble” goes at all...and neither do the gray penny rounds. White penny rounds could work, but I’d rather they were mini bricks or hexes for less grout. Final pic shows the wood look plank flooring that will be in the rest of the bathroom. It also shows a different color scheme that is nice, but a “blue and tan” scheme which I have never really been a fan of. No sea glass colors really going to work in that third one I think. Too blue. The glass tiles are my splurge (they are both in the $40-45/sf range) so looking to control my cost on the wall/floor. Ideally I’d do an almost all white shower with two different tile sizes on the walls with my accent tile set off between molding (something lighter that’s the blue green shown here). I cannot seem to find a line of well priced, white tile with several sizes in it though. (I get my builders price if I go through my builder’s preferred supplier, and they don’t have a line of tile to do this and matching whites from different lines seems like a very bad idea...). Thoughts or suggestions???

Comments (37)