SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

I've Changed My Mind About This...Need Some Expert Pointers

ritaweeda
4 years ago

I've changed my mind on these 2 tops I've just finished. They are scrap string quilts with black backgrounds. I was going to use the second one as a backing for the first so as to have a double-sided quilt. I've changed my mind and I'm going to do 2 separate ones. I just bought a whole bolt of black fleece on sale at Joan's. (Big huge sale, I just had to do it.) I had the bright idea that instead of putting batting in the middle I would just back it with fleece and not only save money but possibly succeed in having lighter weight quilts which is what I had intentions of doing in the first place. The only thing is I very rarely have sewn on fleece. Is there anything I need to know first such as needle and thread size, stitch length, quilting method, etc. for this before I get started? Also do you think it's a bad idea to "birth" these instead of layering and binding them?? Oh, yeah, and this is 100% polyester fleece, do I need to wash it before working with it? I'm not treating these 2 tops special because frankly I'm not crazy about either one of them so that's why I feel comfortable about trying things with them that aren't the norm.

Comments (8)