SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_369738091

Almost go time - last minute considering induction/under counter oven

C Wolfe
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I’ve been told I need to order kitchen cabinets in a couple weeks and I am down to my final decisions. I’m getting a Miele Combi XL have been trying to decide on my range and flirting with induction. I am down to either getting a Miele Direct Select all gas 36 or Thermador Pro Grand gas. I do a lot of roasting and haven’t been interested in spending extra on dual fuel. However, I like the idea of shifting to induction, and since I can’t have wall ovens in my design, it seems the best way to do that is a 36 cooktop over a range (again, Miele or Thermador).

One of my considerations is design related - my range/cooktop area is not centered on my island for a number of reasons. At first I was thinking a range would help with a focal point, but then I am not sure I need a focal point if it isn’t centered.

Second, I am wondering if I am sacrificing the best roasting options (infared brioling) going this route, or if I will be satisfied with my roasting in an electric under counter oven.

I think other threads talk about the height issue of under counter ovens, I suppose that would be the other con but that prospect down’t bother me so much.

Would love thoughts on folks who have done 36 induction over a built in oven, input on design considerrations, or thoughts on giving up gas for someone who does a lot of roasting.

On e last thing-we are renovating a 1930s cape cod.

Thanks so much!

Comments (11)