SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aphaea

Decorating for Fall. Or Halloween. Or both. Or neither.

Aphaea
4 years ago

Since we are now midway into October, I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on the types of decorating we are doing now.

I loathe Halloween so other than having a black glass pumpkin and some torn black cheesecloth I have nothing. (I did want to spray paint some wine bottles black, both matte and shiny, and stick black tapers in them that I had dripped red wax down, but I didn't have any bottles and couldn't get any in time so . . . next year.)

But I do adore fall decorating so I have lots of pumpkins around, mostly faux but some real ones mixed in. The pumpkins come in burlap, glass, hammered copper, resin and more. The colors are varied too but tend to natural and pretty greens. They range from a tiny string of pumpkin fairy lights to about 12 inches in diameter. I won't carve any because I like them to last for at least two months. (Last year a small white real one lasted until April.)

I like wheat and cotton balls and leaves where I can find them. It's one of my two favorite times of the year, winter being the first. So please, even though I do not have a camera and can't take pictures, would all of you please share in words and images what you do. I'd love to see it all!

Comments (61)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor