"His base is abandoning him."- Shep Smith

2 Likes Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mudhouse

Posting this for Shep...

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I don't know where Trump gets his energy from!!!!!!

8 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I don't know either queenmargo, but I'm grateful for his stamina and health. I may take another look at Diet Coke.

8 Likes Save    
maddie260

Sudafed and Adderal.

16 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

queenmargo

It's supernatural.

6 Likes Save    
chase_gw

There you have it. All the rest of the stuff matters not. He throws a hell of a party........always in his own honour.

10 Likes Save    
Carro

catkinZ8a

"His base is abandoning him."- Shep Smith

I see Trump's rallies getting bigger. I see people lining up earlier. I see larger overflow. I see more energy in the buildings. I see the energy raising roofs. I see that as the Democrats get more and more unhinged, Trump's intensity rises to meet that of his supporters at the rallies.

7 Likes Save    
mudhouse

There you have it. All the rest of the stuff matters not. He throws a hell of a party........always in his own honour.

I think that's what non-Trump supporters just don't get. Trump rallies are in our honor. If people didn't think his rallies were a reinforcement of their beliefs (as well as a good time) they wouldn't show up.

7 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

So is Trump going to throw Perry under the bus?

If so, we'll see how that plays in Tejas.

1 Like Save    
Carro

So is Trump going to throw Perry under the bus?

Trump just praised him up, down and sideways. Perry was there to salute back to Trump.

Not so much a bus, but a unicorn.

6 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Thanking Rick Perry right now for doing a great job. "He's going to be leaving at the end of the year, and whatever he does, it'll be successful, I want to thank you, what a job! Also a great governor of Texas...that, you know!"

8 Likes Save    
maddie260

So much for ‘fair and balanced’. More like FAUX news and free advertising- faux news showing the whole rally. Crazy.

1 Like Save    
maddie260

Adding to above: I guess it does prevent them from having to discuss Mulvaney acknowledging the quid pro quo today? And the ethics of Doral for the G7? And the impeachment crisis? These rallies do waste prime time.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

I guess it does prevent them from having to discuss Mulvaney acknowledging the quid pro quo today

Fake news. Mulvaney did no such thing. Shaking my head.

Did Mulvaney ever use the term quid pro quo or admit to one? Nope. Here's how CNBC described the exchange: While Mulvaney did not himself use the term “quid pro quo,” when he was told by a reporter during a White House press conference that the situation of withholding aid to get Ukraine was in fact a quid pro quo, Mulvaney said, “We do that all the time.”

“You’re saying the president of the US can’t ask someone to help with an ongoing public investigation?” Mulvaney said.

During a July 25 phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky — at a time when the White House was withholding military aid from Zelensky’s country — Trump asked Zelensky to “get to the bottom” of questions about the 2016 election.

3 Likes Save    
maddie260

^^^^SHAKING MY HEAD!

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

QUESTION: But to be clear, what you just described is a quid pro quo. It is, funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happened as well.

MULVANEY: We do — we do that all the time with foreign policy....

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Of course, even if there was no quid pro quo, just seeking aid for a political campaign from a foreign govt is illegal. But there was most definitely a quid pro quo anyway.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

"DO NOTHING DEMOCRATS!"

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

maddie260

Adding to above: I guess it does prevent them from having to discuss Mulvaney acknowledging the quid pro quo today?

Ukraine never even knew there was a hold up of the money--so no quid pro quo-but nice try.

3 Likes Save    
catspat(aka)

It's supernatural.

No, it's the Sudafed.

Then there's this:

The Republican-controlled Texas House of Representatives is engulfed in scandal. Six of the state’s 23 Republican members of the United States House of Representatives say they will not run for re-election, opening new opportunities for Democrats. And one of the state’s three top Republican leaders believes that the president has become a political liability among a crucial bloc of voters.

“With all due respect to Trump — who I love, by the way — he’s killing us in urban-suburban districts,” Dennis Bonnen, the speaker of the state House and the central figure in the legislative scandal, said in a 64-minute tape recording released on Tuesday.

The recording of a sometimes salty conversation Mr. Bonnen had with a conservative activist at the State Capitol in June includes a description of what critics have called a quid-pro-quo offer that is now under investigation by the Texas Rangers.

What Trump mostly does in Texas, it seems, is motivate and mobilize the Democrats:

Mr. Trump “serves as a factor that mobilizes Democrats,” Mr. Henson said. “In these suburban areas, where we saw Democrats take seats from Republicans in the 2018 election, Trump is a problem.”

Democrats made substantial gains in Texas in 2018, flipping two House seats, two Texas Senate seats and 12 Texas House seats, some of them in Republican bastions like Fort Worth. Mr. O’Rourke’s energetic campaign for the United States Senate came unexpectedly close to defeating a Republican incumbent, Ted Cruz, and lent momentum to down-ballot races. source

1 Like Save    
elvis

Annie Deighnaugh

QUESTION: But to be clear, what you just described is a quid pro quo. It is, funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happened as well.

MULVANEY: We do — we do that all the time with foreign policy....

I could easily do the same sort of thing with most posts here...shrug.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Haven't read the thread yet but I'm just hearing a report on Shannon Bream's show. This was his biggest rally yet. 24,000 inside, 5,000 outside.

5 Likes Save    
Ann

"All the rest of the stuff matters not."

Oh, really? That will be great news for Warren because if none of that matters, 30+ trillion for Medicare for all and no possible way to pay for it (and I mean that very literally), it's good "the rest of the stuff matters not".

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

One of the thought for the day posted this morning fits ""Power is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher"

Iron Lady spoke the truth.

If you have to cheer someone or something to have self worth you end up having no self worth. It has to come from within yourself not from money or other people.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

RNC raised a record breaking $27.3 million in the month of September--people are catching on.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Catkin, this from CNBC (10/4/19). Looks like the DNC is lagging behind. What a difference a few years makes. Remember what a small budget Trump ran on in 2016 compared to Clinton's much larger one.

"The latest filings show that the Republican National Committee raised just over $23 million in August and has $53 million on hand, while the DNC brought in $7.9 million and has $7.2 million in debt."

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

MAGA!

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

Look at all of those wonderful Americans! :)

Did someone say something about a few bogus polls????

3 Likes Save    
arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

My take from this sort of stuff is the bull dust detector gene is lacking in the USA population.

2 Likes Save    

With all due respect to Trump — who I love, by the way — he’s killing us in urban-suburban districts,” Dennis Bonnen the speaker of the state House

Thanks, catspat. I had read the article and thought about this rally too.

Also, CA Republican Party leaders have been complaining that Trump dirties their brand, and now Texas too.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

jama it's called confirmation bias...they start with the assumption that trump does no wrong. Then they look for any excuse to continue to support that assumption, even if it's clinging to a desperate "trump never said 'quid pro quo'".

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Jana,

Joe confessed. :)

You can sub other words for pro quid pro and it's still PQP.

Sure. Okay. Whatever. It's called a quid JOE quo.

Save    
lurker111

Oh, so clever Lurker. A slip of the keyboard. In that case, nothing in my post has worth. LOL

Agreed. :)

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Trump said it didn't happen, the President of Ukraine said it didn't happen, the transcripts prove it didn't happen.

Belief in something that has been proven false is a symptom of schizophrenia.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

And those rallies...sure they pull in lots of people...what does that prove except it IS a cult? The chanting, the mob like behavior, laughing hysterically at the most UNfunny person on the planet. Does he have any new chants btw? It's not as if he's expanding his base; it's just the same old group over and over again, city to city. Yawn.

And the rallies are getting bigger and bigger and bigger..... no yawning going on at the rallies either. Must drive the "crats" crazier than normal crazy on those nights lol lol

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Must drive the "crats" crazier than normal crazy on those nights

I’m sure you’d like to think so, and it seems the only reason to post these threads every rally night. When has anything inspirational ever been reported? Anything new that Trump said? I’d say never but someone might be able to dig up one or two instances so I’ll say rarely. These threads are nothing more than to brag about crowd size and added bonus if sone protestors misbehave. Yawn indeed.

1 Like Save    
Chi

The Trump supporters are the only ones impressed by his crowd sizes. Millions of people voted for him, and his fans are very, very passionate. It's surprising to no one that he can fill those stadiums with a few thousand people. Especially with the superfans who go to many rallies. It doesn't prove anything. We all know he inspires a certain segment of the population and they are happy to show up for him.

Save    
queenmargo

LOL LOL LOL

Save    
foodonastump

Right, Chi, but on the other hand I did have to kind of laugh at reports of the “hundreds of supporters” showing up at Beto’s event. Hillary might call that a crowd but that’s about it. ;)

Save    
socks(10a)

His followers love the hype: the music, the chanting, the yelling and cheering, the red hats, the excitement of the ignorant blowhard ranting and raving and flapping his hands, name-calling. It’s just thrilling!

He just blew up American an operation in Syria, got untold people killed and forced to flee, then he patted himself on the back for ending it. Honestly I don’t know how people can support him.

Romney suggested that Erdogan told Trump he was going to move into Syria and possibly Trump preempted him giving him permission publicly to look like he was “large and in charge.” His announcement was very oddly worded so it’s a possibility.

sorry, off topic.

Save    
jama7(6)

lurker111

Trump said it didn't happen, the President of Ukraine said it didn't happen, the transcripts prove it didn't happen.

Belief in something that has been proven false is a symptom of schizophrenia.

OJ Simpson said it didn't happen, his buddy said it didn't happen...you mean like that?? LOL Yeah, the law usually takes the word of the suspect. It is AMAZING the things you all come up with! Of course Trumpers conveniently bypass by the fact that the "transcript" he released is NOT the FULL conversation which they're refusing to hand over. Nothing to hide here............

2 Likes Save    
Chi

I think there's often a difference between Trump supporters and Dem supporters with rallies. I consider myself very political, will 100% vote next year and bring anyone I can with me. But I would never, ever, ever go to a rally regardless of who it was for. Not my thing, and it wouldn't make me any more likely to vote.

Trump supporters at their rallies seem to genuinely enjoy themselves. He's turned them into a sporting event almost. If he has bigger numbers than the Dems (and they are still dividing their base with 12 different people) I don't think it means anything about voting next year. It just means he has more passionate fans who don't mind traveling to cheer after every word he says.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Of course Trumpers conveniently bypass by the fact that the "transcript" he released is NOT the FULL conversation which they're refusing to hand over. Nothing to hide here............

Awww...the hurt because Trump called Shiffty's bluff and released the transcripts!! Schiffty don't need no stinking transcripts! Just ask him!

Now the tin-foil conspiracy is that ALL the persons on the phone call who transcribed the call are in on it!

The paranoia grows.

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

I read OP's like this and chuckle at the sentiment of glee from RW.

Trump supporters have an odd way of looking at the world. For example they tout survey after survey that shows FOX news has the highest ratings and then come to the conclusion that therefor FOX is the best, most trustworthy news source. Truth be damned, who needs truth, we just need ratings to be credible.

Then they post rally after rally about how Trump is popular with his base and how many people love him, drawing the conclusion that therefore Trump is a wonderful president.

News Flash! Trump having a large number of supporters does not mean he is better or even marginally good. It means that there are a heck of a lot of people out there that lack basic critical thinking skills or are gullible. Not a thing to be proud of in my book.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

OJ Simpson said it didn't happen, his buddy said it didn't happen...you mean like that??

Mulvaney says yes it happened, and to "get over it" meaning get used to it. It's the new abnormal norn. IOW, we now officially have a dictator in charge of the USA.

3 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

They only like certain parts of Fox nowadays. "News" to them is Hannity, Carlson, Pirro et al. Shep, Napolitano, Cavuto, Wallace etc have pretty much all fallen out of favor because they seem to be telling the truth more and more. And the more Fox goes that direction e.g. the nerve of actually posting polls that show most Americans favor impeachment? They not happy. :) They just tune in to the loyalists..news has never been their thing anyway.

Save    
lurker111

Mulvaney is irrelevant. We're not playing "he said she said". We have both parties and the transcripts.

Joe confessed.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

Chi

I think there's often a difference between Trump supporters and Dem supporters with rallies. I consider myself very political, will 100% vote next year and bring anyone I can with me. But I would never, ever, ever go to a rally regardless of who it was for. Not my thing, and it wouldn't make me any more likely to vote."

I'd have to say you have LOTS of company Chi....its a crowded boat. And our pols know it too. Trump's ralliers remind me of many game show contestants where they are required to jump through flaming hoops to show their excitement! Can you imagine auditioning for one of those shows given the screaming, jumping up and down etc that's required of them?? Uh...no.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Mulvaney is irrelevant.

Translation thru a trump supporter's mind : I didn't like what he said so I'm just going to ignore it, period!

7 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Joe confessed.

Trump's transcripts are his admission of guilt. FYI you don't need a quid pro quo, the act of soliciting help from a foreign entity is enough.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"But I would never, ever, ever go to a rally regardless of who it was for. Not my thing, and it wouldn't make me any more likely to vote."

The good right minded silent majority do not go to rallies as if they were a circus, they will go to the voting booth.

5 Likes Save    
mudhouse

No, lurker, what is it with catkin and race? She’ll post any black trump
supporter she can find. Been going on for a long time now.

Foodonastump, I think the topic of black support for Trump is a fair submission to this forum (or to any conversation about Trump's chances in the 2020 election.) We've had threads about the WalkAway Movement and discussions about polls measuring support of black voters.

On occasion I've posted in this forum that Trump supporters represent a broad cross section of many groups of people, from different voting backgrounds too, and I've been met with disbelief. That's okay; I still maintain the old narrative that Trump only attracts a monolithic group of voters is getting tired.

If photos of black Trump supporters (or gay Trump supporters, or Hispanic Trump supporters, or women Trump supporters) really represent no more than wishful thinking on the part of those who support Trump, then those occasional photos shouldn't be of much concern, since they don't represent a significant trend.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"jama it's called confirmation bias...they start with the assumption that trump does no wrong."

I don't think confirmation bias means quite what you say it means, Annie.

It is you claiming without evidence, that Trump supporters "assume Trump does no wrong." That's your bias, nothing more than a sweeping generalization for which you have provided no source nor evidence. You simply believe it to be true.

Along with accepting information that fits with what one already believes, confirmation bias involves rejecting information that doesn't fit with what one believes.

Persuasion takes time. Even before the election, persuadable Americans were being "primed" to accept the notion that Trump is a Russian asset. That's why his tongue-in-cheek "Russia, if you're listening..." comment was weaponized by politicians and the MSM into TRUMP TOLD RUSSIA TO FIND HILLARY'S EMAILS!!!!!! Trump, we're told over and over is Putin's Puppet. Despite information we already have about the dossier being used by the FBI to get the warrant to spy on Carter Page (and thus the entire Trump Campaign) some continue to try to minimize the dossier's importance.

The soon to be released DOJ IG report probably won't change the minds of the impeachment crowd, but we can hope Americans in general are appalled when the IG confirms IC spying took place on the Trump Campaign.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

That's why his tongue-in-cheek "Russia, if you're listening..." comment was weaponized by politicians and the MSM into TRUMP TOLD RUSSIA TO FIND HILLARY'S EMAILS!!!!!!

Guess what russia did the next day.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It is you claiming without evidence, that Trump supporters "assume Trump does no wrong."

Fine abh. Show me where a trump supporter has said *anything* negative about trump. There's thousands and thousands of posts here from trump supporters over several years. Find me one. I may be wrong but I don't *ever* remember seeing a trump supporter say, "trump was wrong" about *anything*.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

"Persuasion takes time. Even before the election, persuadable Americans were being "primed" to accept the notion that Trump is a Russian asset..."

Persuasion didn't take much time for Trumpers. The moment Trump said Mexicans were criminals, rapists and some might be good people and he was going to build The Wall....BOOM!! THAT was their man! Maybe 15 secs?

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Nonsense. It didn't take one second. hillary ran. BOOM! :) Americans voted.

Save    
socks(10a)

He set the standard for name calling. He can do it all he wants, and I don't mind returning fire. At least mine are accurate.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

That makes 2 of us Annie. A Trumper saying anything negative about Trump? That's an endangered if not extinct animal. I've never seen it either but I"m sure something like, "Well, he wasn't QUITE as Sparkly last night as he usually is at rallies" will be dregged up.

Save    
barncatz

It is you claiming without evidence, that Trump supporters "assume Trump does no wrong." That's your bias, nothing more than a sweeping generalization for which you have provided no source nor evidence. You simply believe it to be true.

Where's the "you need ID to buy groceries" thread when you need it?

Save    
jama7(6)

Boom! 3 million more for HRC! Trees give out electoral votes in our system.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Find me one. I may be wrong but I don't *ever* remember seeing a trump supporter say, "trump was wrong" about *anything*.

In their minds he can do no wrong, even when he changes his mind from yes to no on any topic overnite they cheer him on. Call it TDS, drinking Kool-aid, hero worship, Messiah complex, it's all the same. Many other notorious examples in history where followers have fallen under the spell of a charlatan.

Save    
Kathy

Even before the election, persuadable Americans were being "primed" to accept the notion that Trump is a Russian asset.

That statement is an example of Russian propaganda.

Trump was warned before the election Russia would try to intervene. Trump ignored the warning and so did many of his staff along with complicit republicans.

It wasn’t priming, it was a warning to report any contacts, which they ignored.

After the election Mueller found it was a fact, Russian interference was done to benefit Trump and work against Hillary. He also said it continues to this day.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

A Trumper saying anything negative about Trump?

Negative? They freakin bend over backwards and twist themselves in knots to try to prove you need ID to go grocery shopping!!! When they can’t come to terms with something as inconsequential as THAT, can’t seriously think they can be objective enough to possibly say something negative.

5 Likes Save    
Ann

"Annie...confirmation bias certainly describes part of it. But it's also a way of thinking too and interpreting language, of not being able to see implications and intents unless it is spelled out ABCD. A person close to me has this problem. It's very frustrating and embarassing sometimes for them when in a conversation with a group they don't follow or get the point of what the others are talking about."

Oh, I LOVE this comment. Can't you just envision the conversation? I can:))))

Save    
Ann

"News Flash! Trump having a large number of supporters does not mean he is better or even marginally good. It means that there are a heck of a lot of people out there that lack basic critical thinking skills or are gullible. Not a thing to be proud of in my book."

Oh, I love this one too!!!!

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Yes, best to get one's critical thinking skills from Rushbo.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Find me one. I may be wrong but I don't *ever* remember seeing a trump supporter say, "trump was wrong" about *anything*.

I've often said that "Trump was wrong" for being so nice to pelosi for the first 2.5 years.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

He wasn't being nice, he was (and still is) scared to death of her, that's why he's always screaming and yelling like a manbaby.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Well, all you have to do is see who is negative, insulting, speculative and caustic, and who is happy, confident and positive, to see where the presidential race stands right now!

MAGA!

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

He wasn't being nice,

Irrelevant. You were looking for a Trump supporter who has said he was wrong about something. I said he was wrong for recommending her for the job, and for showing her an ounce of respect. There you have it.

1 Like Save    
margaux

I don't have to read all 88 comments to know that this thread sounds like all the other ones posted when he has a rally. I don't know why we even need a thread for each rally.

The only reason I'm posting is because I read some of the comments Trump made at the rally. It makes me wonder why his base loves his divisive comments when it is the very thing that turns off the rest of the voters. I know you despise Democrats but when are you going to start being concerned about all the Independents he turns off with his unpresidential pitting of us vs. them? While this feels good to you now for some unexplained reason, you forget that you are the minority and that your share of the electorate is shrinking daily. When you reap what Trump sows, you'll have only yourselves to blame. We will never forget.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Good comedy :)

3 Likes Save    
Ann

" I don't know why we even need a thread for each rally.

The only reason I'm posting is because"

:)

5 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

He wasn't being nice,

Irrelevant. You were looking for a Trump supporter who has said he was wrong about something. I said he was wrong for recommending her for the job, and for showing her an ounce of respect. There you have it.

What we have, is a perfect example of Trumpspeak, twisting the answer into a self serving positive to avoid actually discussing some of the negative actions or words from Trump.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Margaux - Who is there for them to win over? Is there really a such thing as independent when it comes to Trump? How many people don’t know how they’re going to vote next year, regardless of who the Dem is? Can anyone here honestly say they don’t know? Look at the latest Rasmussen (edit) numbers; by far people either strongly approve or strongly disapprove. Not much room for the somewhats.

Save    
margaux

If that's the case, I'm fine with them showing the world what Trump's base is all about.

Maybe that can win one more election but I don't think it's who we are as Americans or as human beings, for that matter.

Save    
Chi

That's true. I can't imagine there are many people left who don't know how they will vote next year.

Save    
margaux

Trump's campaign thinks there's all this hidden support for him because of the 2016 results and the crowd size, lol. I know there isn't. They are in because of a perfect storm in 2016, and in every state, his approval numbers have dropped. I think we'll flip states back to blue in 2020.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Not much room for the somewhats"

You didn't show those numbers, but from what you did show, is it 11% somewhat approve and 9% somewhat disapprove?

Save    
chase_gw

FOAS...can you please point me to that poll. When I search I can only find Economist/You Gov

Numbers are very different.........

Strongly approve. 24%

Somewhat. 15%

Strongly disapprove 42%

Somewat. 9%

Not sure 10%

I think, and have often said, it's the " some whats" that Trump should be worried about...not that he or his supporters seem to be . Of course he should also be worried about the not sures. When you add then together they are significant number.

Save    
maddie260

David Brooks in a NYT's editorial wrote that in a choice between dt and even Elizabeth Warren, he's going with Warren. He lays out the case against dt very well, and how he has TRASHED the constitution. Note to our right wing posters- he's a die hard right winger. The column is well worth reading and this is the final line: In such circumstances, a bad option is better than a suicidal one.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Sorry chase that was Rasmussen. Corrected above. Maybe the numbers aren’t as illustrative as I was thinking but I still have a hard time thinking there are many undecideds, barring some major event. And we know that “major” is a high bar.

ETA - 10% unsure??? I wouldn’t count on them being politically involved enough to get off the sofa and vote.

Save    
margaux

It only matters where the undecideds are. Has Trump delivered on his promises in those industrial states that took a risk in voting for him and flipped their states to red? Will voters in farm states give him another four years if he doesn't deliver a trade agreement by election day? Will those voters who thought Hillary had the election locked up or who didn't want to vote for either candidate so they stayed home come out in 2020?

Detroit, for example, turned out far fewer voters for Hillary than for Obama. I think it was 100,000 fewer votes. Do they now understand what happens when you don't vote?

Save    
Stan Areted

We don't need no stinkin polls.

The libs have awakened a sleeping giant.

As I said, libs across the country and world--keep up, keep up with insults, the obfuscation, the lies, the deep state coups, the spitting in people's faces, slapping them, lying about them--and they have done exactly that.

I talked to two people this week that did not vote for Trump, did not like that he was the nominee. I think one or two people have posted here the same thing.

These people have said he is the best president in their lifetimes, particularly because of the Supreme Court nominations, no one's talking about immigration right now are they? No he is working to fix our problems and working hard despite constant attack from both parties. Economy is better despite Liz Warren's contention it only works for the wealthy.

So he is getting their votes. Anecdotal yes, but I've heard since President Trump took office ad nauseum there is voter's remorse. May be. I have yet to hear anything but support now.

So we shall see but so far since Donald Trump was elected POTUS, the democrats' smug, smarmy, self congratulatory predictions and declarations have been a full out FOOLISH BUST.

5 Likes Save    
Chi

And what are a handful of random pictures supposed to prove? Millions and millions of people voted for him. Of course there will be diversity - America is very diverse.

Save    
mudhouse

margaux: Trump's campaign thinks there's all this hidden support for him because
of the 2016 results and the crowd size, lol. I know there isn't.

Well, I dunno, margaux; I'm betting it's the opposite:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/15/democratic-debate-supporters-ohio-donald-trump-country-column/3984999002/

"I don't want to talk about it because you can't have an opinion unless it's their opinion," an African American Trump supporter said about the left. "Either you believe the way they believe, or you're a racist or a homophobe. The reason I'm working is because of what Trump's done. I just want to put my hard hat on and go to work every day."

The man, who added he's a registered Democrat, talked to Enquirer photographer Albert Cesare and me for nearly an hour on his front porch on a hot evening. He said a lady at his church had given him grief for supporting "racist" Trump, but the man said he's seen no hard evidence that's true.

The man then abruptly said he wanted no part of the story, stepped inside his house and closed the front door, leaving us sitting on the porch dumbfounded.

So I guess we'll have to see.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

FOAS...makes more sense, Rasmussen always skews right.....if it wasn't for them his RCP average would be lower, closer to his RCP favorability rating which does not include Rasmussen. None the less they aren't a lot of 49's showing up.

I agree about the undecided unless there are a bunch of Republicans in there who are conflicted about Trump vs voting for a Democrat.

Save    
foodonastump

unless there are a bunch of Republicans in there who are conflicted about Trump vs voting for a Democrat.

Optimistic view - hope you’re right.

Save    
chase_gw

One last post on this thread

Trump job approval amongst Blacks from the same Economist/YouGov poll posted above

Strongly approve 8%

Somewhat approve 9%

Strongly disapprove 58%

Somewhat disapprove 14%

Not sure 10%

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Why do Dems care about which candidates other people support and how they vote?

Strange.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

maddie260

Ha, Stan, hahahahahaha! She/he is playing the race card, and if you can't see that, well, ???????????? Your post is laughable.

We see who is playing the race card.

I saw a Trump supporter.

Own it if you dare--accusing people of "playing a race card" when they're not the one that brings race into question, nor the one that sees race as an identifier of humans, is so hypocritical.

But I would not say laughable.

It's pathetic and it's wrong.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Back to the rally--there is a video of two Trump rally attendees leaving last week in Minnesota. They are holding hands, single file, and three hoodlum thug appearing to be females waited until just after the female passed, caught up quickly and full on knocked her in the side of the head and face, hard.

The couple kept going, because thugs, idiots, lemming criminals, etc. will kill and attack you for exercising your First Amendment rights and peacefully supporting a presidential candidate and no one has a problem with it.

The comments were telling--"try that in Texas," "won't happen here," etc.

The mob is in control and the left appears to love it, having planned it.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Stan, the mob of thug Trump haters outside of his rallies are getting worse and people are really getting hurt.

2 Likes Save    
maddie260

Thoughts and prayers for your selective outrage.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Brad Parscale
@parscale
Incredible data from last night’s Dallas rally:

✅ 53,985 voters identified

✅ 12% have not voted in the last 4 elections

✅ 21.4% Democrat

✅ 11% Latino

These are winning numbers that will help win #FourMoreYears for
@realDonaldTrump
!

We continue to outperform 2016.
8:55 AM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

5 Likes Save    
Ann

Carro, that's interesting! Parscale has talked about how they will use these big rallies to connect with potential voters. I think both he and Ronna are outstanding at their respective jobs.

4 Likes Save    
margaux

So he is comparing those numbers to what? A similar Dallas rally in 2016? Or does he think that a sample of voters at a Trump rally can be extrapolated to the entire electorate of Texas?

Save    
Stan Areted

I agree, just compare Ronna McDaniel to her predecessors!

FAIL on their part, yet she is stellar.

Save    
Ann

New tee shirts. Trump campaign got right on it!

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

Mulvaney says they are going to break the law, so get over it. Trumpers are enabling it.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Love the coif on the "O".

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Nah, that's not what Mulvaney said. Not even if you Schiff it.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Back to the rally--there is a video of two Trump rally attendees leaving last week in Minnesota. They are holding hands, single file, and three hoodlum thug appearing to be females waited until just after the female passed, caught up quickly and full on knocked her in the side of the head and face, hard.

The couple kept going, because thugs, idiots, lemming criminals, etc. will kill and attack you for exercising your First Amendment rights and peacefully supporting a presidential candidate and no one has a problem with it.

Well, to be clear (in Wobbly Warren's words), some of us do care. The folks here on HT who don't express dismay at this sort of behavior can be excused due to the fact that they don't see conservative Trump rally attendees as human. That's the outrage.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

"Well, to be clear (in Wobbly Warren's words), some of us do care. The folks here on HT who don't express dismay at this sort of behavior can be excused due to the fact that they don't see conservative Trump rally attendees as human. That's the outrage."

Sadly, who would be surprised that some people in this country do not see conservative Trump rally attendees as human, when many advocate killing unborn babies up until the time of delivery.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

when many advocate killing unborn babies up until the time of delivery.

Radical RW propaganda.

1 Like Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

If only it were propaganda, Kathy.

2 Likes Save    

when many advocate killing unborn babies up until the time of delivery.

Absolutely untrue.

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

How else could you cheer on the hateful garbage that Trump spews against everyone except them?

What on earth are you talking about?

1 Like Save    
margaux

The topic.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

I think Tupelo, MS is next!

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

You're right, Friday, November 1!

2 Likes Save    
Jennifer

I look at the rally cult and think our educational system is badly flawed. So many stupid people in one arena. I’m sure no one’s IQ is above90.

Save    
mudhouse

Jennifer: I look at the rally cult and think our educational system is badly flawed. So many stupid people in one arena. I’m sure no one’s IQ is above90.

That's the spirit! Nothing spells anxiety for Dems like arenas absolutely overflowing with Deplorables (and thousands more, who wish they could have attended.)

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Yes. Perhaps in lieu of voter ID, there should be an IQ test!

I mean: Ya. Mebbe instead we shud git smart test.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

IQ test administered by idjuts.

1 Like Save    
arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

"Step right up folks!"....I can hear the music!

Save    
whynottryit

In my daughter's 29th week of pregnancy, she had to "abort" a pregnancy in a desperate attempt to save her and my grandson. If he had died, would you consider her one of the "many [who] advocate killing unborn babies up until the time of delivery." The pregnancy was terminated by Cesarean section and we were told he would probably not live more than 48 hours. He was in NICU for almost 3 mos. He is now 16. Under some of the recently proposed legislation, that procedure would not have been permitted and they both would likely be dead. Aborting a pregnancy that far in is rarely a choice based on anything but saving lives, not taking them. But cling to your boogeyman stories so you can justify your unjustifiable need to control others.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Slander from the left. Typical.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Do you agree with him that Democrats are your enemy and that we don't love our country?

I will answer this one. YES and YES.

Save    
margaux

So when you didn't support Obama for eight years, you were our enemies and you didn't love our country. That made you unAmerican. That is the ONLY criteria of how you're judging Democrats so those statements must be true.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Mudhouse, I can see why elvis and lurker enjoy his hate-filled rallies but I'm having trouble reconciling why you support the tone and rhetoric of his rallies since it seems to go against everything you post here. Unless, that is, you've rationalized his American vs. unAmerican rhetoric as just harmless banter. I find it very alarming and think it will lead to more violence. Do you agree with him that Democrats are your enemy and that we don't love our country?

It's been interesting to me that since Trump was elected, most of the comments here by people on the left almost always insist that his campaign rallies and speeches are devoid of any content about policy. Phrases like "he never says anything" are always repeated, even after I point out the topics of immigration, security, gun ownership, economy, jobs, trade deals, judicial appointments, and more that Trump covered.

These issues are the reasons that people attend his rallies. These are the reasons that people like me watch. Trump gives a voice to the topics that we care about. We agree with him on the issues. Why is that invisible to you folks?

How much time was devoted at the last Dem debate on the topic of American jobs and the economy in general? When was the last time that Elizabeth Warren said something I agree with, on taxes? When was the last time that Beto said something I agree with, on gun ownership?

I read your question and (as often happens) it's like we're watching two entirely different movies when we see a Trump rally. People vote for Trump and support his success at getting the attention of the American public (i.e, well-attended rallies) because he's making the policy changes that reflect the direction we think is best for the future of the country. It really IS that simple. Isn't that why you enjoy supporting a candidate you agree with? Why should I be any different from you, on that front?

I'm used to it, by now, but it's still baffling why you guys seem to not even hear any of the words about issues and focus on "tone" and "rhetoric" as if the guy's 90 minute rallies consist of nothing but slams against Democrats.

So, that's the part I care about. I have another answer about the part that you care about. It represents less than ten percent of my interest in a Trump rally, but it's the ONLY part that people on the left think exists, apparently; the tone.

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

margaux: Unless, that is, you've rationalized his American vs. unAmerican rhetoric as just harmless banter. I find it very alarming and think it will lead to more violence. Do you agree with him that Democrats are your enemy and that we don't love our country?

Democrats are not my enemy, but they sometimes vote like they are, when they support issues I don’t agree with. And when they ignore issues that concern me. They have every right to do that. I try to remind myself that they do it because they’re as sincere in their beliefs as I am in mine. I’m stubborn (maybe stupidly so) about at least trying to believe in the basic goodness and decency of most people.

Trump is an excellent campaigner. He’s good at persuasion. He’s entertaining and knows how to use sound bites and phrases. Enemy is a five letter word that can mean anything from mild opposition to someone you try to kill with a weapon. I’ve seen it used here in HT by people on the left, referring to people on the right. I don’t like it, but it’s a word. It’s not an action. There’s a difference. I move on.

Trump is in a battle for his political life. When I stop to consider the size of the forces assembled against him, and the tactics that those forces are willing to stoop to in order to remove Trump from office, I can no longer summon up even the tiniest bit of outrage about Trump using those words at his rally, whether I agree with them or not.

I thank the Dems for pushing me to that point. Fussing at Trump right now for saying that Democrats don’t love their country would be like criticizing the angle of the bayonet rushing towards me in a battle. After Mueller, after Kavanaugh, after impeachment theater, after repeated blatant misrepresentations about Trump's actions and words in the media, the days of me worrying about Trump using a word I don't agree with are long gone.

(I’m sorry I can’t do good short posts. When I try to really give a sincere answer, it comes out long.)

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Mudhouse, I can see why elvis and lurker enjoy his hate-filled rallies but I'm having trouble reconciling why you support the tone

Margaux, this was a slam against other forum members that borders on being worthy of reporting, by the way. I chose not to allow it to distract me from what I wanted to say, but I didn't miss it either. Next time I will report it, and I won't bother to answer if you weave a personal insult into the fabric of an otherwise legitimate question.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

My goodness, I think this is well said and so accurately and so specifically describes my feelings too.

"Trump is in a battle for his political life. When I stop to consider the size of the forces assembled against him, and the tactics that those forces are willing to stoop to in order to remove Trump from office, I can no longer summon up even the tiniest bit of outrage about Trump using those words at his rally, whether I agree with them or not.

I thank the Dems for pushing me to that point. Fussing at Trump right now for saying that Democrats don’t love their country would be like criticizing the improper angle of the bayonet rushing towards me in a battle. After Mueller, after Kavanaugh, after impeachment theater, after repeated blatant misrepresentations about Trump's actions and words in the media, the days of me worrying about Trump using a word I don't agree with are long gone."

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Thanks Mudhouse. Excellent comments, each of them.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Mudhouse, your posts on this thread are by far the best articulated and accurate in describing how President Trump supporters feel and view things.

You described my positions and feelings about the matter 100% in every statement you made.

Most excellent posts!

THANK YOU.

6 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Foodonastump, forum conversations are damaged when we direct personal insults at any forum members.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

margaux: As for the rest of what you wrote, who cares. I got my answer without having to bother to read a word of it.

Lol, margaux. Many of us post here because we enjoy saying what we think about topics that matter, and we're well aware that many people read Hot Topics without posting (tips hat to the silent HT lurkers.) But thank you for your honesty; I'll keep it in mind.

3 Likes Save    
barncatz

After Mueller, after Kavanaugh, after impeachment theater, after repeated blatant misrepresentations about Trump's actions and words in the media, the days of me worrying about Trump using a word I don't agree with are long gone."

mudhouse, with all due respect, for that level of fealty, you must also START with no worry about Trump using the "wrong words". Those wrong words clearly express beliefs that are also wrong to many of us. From day 1, he used words you say you don't agree with for ideas you clearly do

Our Generals, State Department workers are "blatantly misrepresenting" his Ukraine, Syria actions so that their criticism is fodder for your feeling more Trump support, not less. There is not a single piece of criticism that you would consider. None of it is, has been, or could be valid.

Sorry, that's not on me.

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

"It's been interesting to me that since Trump was elected, most of the comments here by people on the left almost always insist that his campaign rallies and speeches are devoid of any content about policy. Phrases like "he never says anything" are always repeated, even after I point out the topics of immigration, security, gun ownership, economy, jobs, trade deals, judicial appointments, and more that Trump covered."

Since I've read some of his rally transcripts, and I just took on the almost impossible job of skimming the most recent one in Dallas, what I know is people are not there to hear about "policy" or discussions which is what the above statement implies. What they get is absolute, over the top screeching, ranting hate speech aimed at primarily Dems but also just about everyone else in the world who doesn't buy Trumps schtick. That and an 8yr olds simplistic "good guy, bad guy" view of current events, economics etc.

These "topics"? Let's take gun control. "THEY ARE GOING TO STEAL YOUR GUNS!!!!!" Pretty representative of THAT discussion topic. Of course, that song and dance has been playing since 08. Still got 'em though right?? The right does a fine job of driving sales though!

The economy...boils down to: "I have created the greatest economy in the history of the US!!" A non stop bragging session, most of it either unproven, a lie and also very much due to a consistently upward trending economy when he took over. Apparently the socialistic subsidization of the farmers has been paid for by.....ready? Tariffs!! $28 billion worth! Not only did the Chinese tariffs totally pay for it, there's LEFTOVER $$! Might want to research THIS one guys.

Foreign policy. Maybe my fav Trump subject because of his savvy and keen understanding of military strategy. An excerpt:Turkey didn’t want to budge, and Turkey was having a lot of bad things happen from this region. In all fairness to Turkey, they were having a lot of bad, but they didn’t … Now all of a sudden they’re fighting and it’s not fun having bullets going all over the place. And we went there and we said, we want to pause, and the Kurds have been terrific."

Stunning, absolutely A+ analysis.... for a 2nd grader. Where does one even start critiquing this one short bit? The speech, the grammar, the loss of train of thought, the 2nd grade words, the nonsensical pairing of words, the sheer ignorance..it's unbelievable. This is NOT a normal, healthy brain and most of you know it.

Lots of setting the stage for USA, USA!! and Booooo!!! Of course this is the interaction part the audience loves! Harks back to an evening at a 19th century melodrama we went to once. Here, Dems are the oily villian in the black cape. One Booooo!! was for the claim that Dems will raise taxes THREE times what they are now!!! Uh huh. Source? Just his lying' self.

Amid this hysterical, raging drivel worked in wherever humanly possible?? Patting himself on the back. Actually that's a very inadequate term for his never-before-seen level of narcissism. Before it's over, this guy is going to find some way to award himself the Nobel Prize, the Purple Heart and the Medal of Freedom.

Ooops before I forget! Obviously Trump didn't get the memo that once again, HRC has been cleared this week. He's still looking for those 30K emails!! Maybe Hunter is hiding them for her. Talk about sick obsessions.

I have never seen such a hate filled, try-to-scare-the-pants-off-them scree in my life..it is shameful anyone defends this stuff. I lost count of how many CRAZY, HATES and SICK and other similar words there were just in the first 5 paragraphs but that's his plan...get people's blood boiling fast early and keep 'em revved up and. the hate alive.

Sorry my type changed....sometimes this site drives me crazy that way.

If anyone dares....donald-trump-dallas-rally-speech-transcript-october-17-2019

4 Likes Save    
barncatz

Isn't that rationale like

"I didn't approve of some of the words Hitler used to describe Jewish people but once they started trying to assasinate him, Well! The days of me worrying about Hitler using a word I didn't agree with were long gone."

rather than having a little curiousity about why the Generals wanted him dead?

Save    

Video clips that I have seen of Trump rallies remind me of a rabble-rouser recruiting vigilantes for his own nefarious purposes.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Republicans have trampled the Constitution and the rule of law to support a corrupt, unfit, incompetent man——all for their own personal power and greed. Now tell me who doesn’t love the country!

Save    
mudhouse

mudhouse, with all due respect, for that level of fealty, you must also START with no worry about Trump using the "wrong words". Those wrong words clearly express beliefs that are also wrong to many of us. From day 1, he used words you say you don't agree with for ideas you clearly do

I’m surprised you think this, and it’s absolutely not true for me. I’ve been on an almost three year journey with Trump, and if you think Trump supporters aren’t continually being affected by the treatment we receive in media (mainstream and social) you’re off base. Comments made by anyone (whether Trump, or people on the left) that might have bothered me three years ago no longer even make me blink. I'm not happy about it, but that's where the level of our national conversation is. (Shrug.)

There is not a single piece of criticism that you would consider. None of it is, has been, or could be valid.

I’ve finally learned there’s no point in my going back and listing the times here in HT I’ve criticized Trump. I criticized his use of “s***hole countries,” his words against Carly Fiorina’s face, his comments about Judge Curiel, his comments about women who get abortions, and more. No point. Two weeks later, you or Annie or others will be insisting that no Trump supporter ever disagrees with anything he says or done. So, I’ve stopped; it wastes my time.

barncatz, my objection to hanging somebody for their words (as opposed to their actions) is that intent is invariably at the heart of the disagreement. (Trump meant so-and-so, yes he did, no he didn’t.) And assumptions about personal interpretation are mixed in, too. (So mudhouse, you must believe so-and-so, no I don’t, yes you do.) Don’t you ever get tired of the endless rounds of arguing over words? I do. I don’t mind if others enjoy doing it endlessly, but it seems increasingly pointless to me to spend much energy on it.

"That’s hate!" (Yes it is, no it isn’t.) "That’s bigotry!" (Yes it is, no it isn’t.) Blech. Word Argument Exhaustion. I’m there, lol.

Isn't that rationale like "I didn't approve of some of the words Hitler used to describe Jewish people but once they started trying to assasinate him, Well! The days of me worrying about Hitler using a word I didn't agree with were long gone."

Man, you guys keep making me sorry for trying to type out reasonable comments today. I’m not even going to reply to that one, because I’ve read too many of your posts not to know that you’re better than that sorry comparison.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

jama7, sincere thanks (really) for taking the time to find and read some of the transcripts at Trump rallies. I do understand that Trump's communication style is probably (at the very least!) very distracting to someone who disagrees completely with his opinions on issues.

It's probably hard to pick out the issues in between being affected by your dislike of his tone, so kudos to you for looking for what he was saying on issues. And kudos to you for admitting he does discuss issues at his rallies.

I wouldn't mind a bit if Trump's communication style was more elegant and less controversial. But there's no point in my backing Romney-style communication if those eloquent candidates fail in achieving the changes I care about. Trump's bluntness and use of over-the-top hyperbole are fair targets for criticism. But in an era of suffocating political correctness, they provide a clarity and directness I like.

He's saying things that need to be said. That's more important than style, and if this is the style that draws productive attention to the issues I care about, I'm good.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

mudhouse you have the patience of a saint, lol.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Or maybe I have the IQ of an orange, lol, but I keep trying.

Save    
margaux

I recently read an article discussing how Trump has taken on folk hero status for his supporters. While folk hero lore is often based on fact, most of it is fictionalized. It explains why their views on Trump are so far off from reality. They've created this lore of a president who drained the swamp and made America great again. They would probably put him on this map in NYC along with a golden Trump Tower.

Save    
elvis

Hate isn't a four-letter word. It's an emotion we all feel.

That's s real shame, margaux. You're wrong, of course. I think that most people never feel hate. I never have. Never.

Save    
foodonastump

You’ve never intensely disliked anyone?

Save    
elvis

No.

Save    
margaux

I don't know what else to call what Trump does at his rallies if it isn't hate.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

No need to search for a new word Margaux, I don’t think.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Unfortunately Mudhouse, he’s saying a lot of lies not hyperbole and hateful things and breaking laws. If your spouse, child or others close to you were doing that, I could understand your forbearance and hope that you would work to change it. Selling your moral self for $ or to degrade our laws and the Constitution is a step too far.

Save    
maifleur01

I had a good laugh at anyone saying that someone was the Savior of any Civilization as those who have claimed to be were the ones that always destroyed their civilization. History of civilization is an interesting topic but so few actually read anything about the civilizations that have preceded the current ones.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Unfortunately Mudhouse, he’s saying a lot of lies not hyperbole and hateful things and breaking laws.

Nonsense.

1 Like Save    
elvis

maifleur01

I had a good laugh at anyone saying that someone was the Savior of any Civilization as those who have claimed to be were the ones that always destroyed their civilization.

Oh. Who were these people? I've never heard of anyone claiming that about himself. You pulling that out of the air, mai?

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

elvis someone must if they posted that meme.

Save    
jama7(6)

Mudhouse....I thank you kindly for all the kudos but other than kudos for my going to the trouble of reading that transcript (before I couldn't anymore) but I think you misinterpreted my anaylsis of his rallies.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

mudhouse: I’ve finally learned there’s no point in my going back and listing the times here in HT I’ve criticized Trump. I criticized his use of “s***hole countries,” his words against Carly Fiorina’s face, his comments about Judge Curiel, his comments about women who get abortions, and more. No point. Two weeks later, you or Annie or others will be insisting that no Trump supporter ever disagrees with anything he says or done. So, I’ve stopped; it wastes my time.

Not sure how I got dragged into this one, but since I was "invited", I was curious so I waded back in time to find this:

Re his description of certain countries, after offering up views on the meaning of the word “hole” and doubting that trump even said it she said this:

If Trump did say this, it was a big mistake, because it's too easy to misinterpret it in the way you are (I think.) He should be more careful with his words, especially since he knows so well that people are working against him.

and

I'm saying I understand that, and if he did, it was stupid and offensive. But stupid and offensive things are said every day in offices (private and government) across the nation every single hour.

I can see where she says he made a mistake, but I guess first doubting he said it (though even the wh didn't deny it) and then making excuses for it ... not because of the actual sentiment behind it, but because it was open to misinterpretation ... and then blaming others for how they reacted to it, doesn't really measure up to "disagreeing" with trump in my book. That may explain a lot of why the left thinks trumplicans never criticize trump and they think they do.

Source: https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5071090/does-this-prove-hes-a-racist#n=206

--------------

I have to admit I came across some interesting tidbits in history...such as I'd forgotten all about trump's guy sater and the connection with money laundering through a Kazakh bank...with all the other stuff going on, it'd fallen off the plate:

In its filings, BTA alleges that beginning in 2011 Sater helped Ablyazov and Khrapunov launder about $40 million through a number of U.S. business transactions.

"Sater helped Ablyazov, Khrapunov, and others launder tens of millions of dollars in those stolen funds into the United States," the complaint charged.

The complaint also charged that some of the funds were used by Khrapunov's sister to buy condominium units at the Trump SoHo tower in Manhattan. Source Radio Free Europe

1 Like Save    
elvis

Oh. Who were these people? I've never heard of anyone claiming that about himself. You pulling that out of the air, mai?

maifleur01

elvis someone must if they posted that meme.

Okay, I get it. You don't understand/accept the concept of backing up your public writing on the internet on a responsible venue like HT.

Now that I think about it, you are one of the posters who never provides cites for a source. So be it.

Save    
mudhouse

Mudhouse....I thank you kindly for all the kudos but other than kudos for my going to the trouble of reading that transcript (before I couldn't anymore) but I think you misinterpreted my anaylsis of his rallies.

Jama7, I don't think Trump's rallies are hate-filled at all, but you have the absolute right to form your own opinion about the content. My disagreement with another poster was associating forum member names with her negative opinion of the content, not whether or not she had the right to her opinion about the content.

You took the time to read a transcript. I haven't seen others on the left post they've done so, and I try to give credit when due.

You and I disagree on the issues you mentioned (gun control, Trump's role in the good economy, Syria withdrawal) but I completely agree that Trump rarely gives each of those topics more than a few raucous sentences at his rallies. That doesn't bother me because I don't gather my understanding of policies details from his rallies. He uses the rallies to enforce his support for those stances, and to generate enthusiasm, obviously. And it's working, judging from the attendance.

The America First stance that Trump has championed from the start of his campaign meshes with what his supporters believe is important. He's willing to make decisions that benefit US jobs, to restructure trade deals that benefit our economy, to challenge China's economic advantage-taking and intellectual property theft, to restructure our tax code to help American businesses compete, and to secure our borders using actions instead of only words. To me, it's a refreshing change from our last president who toured the world bowing, apologizing, and agreeing to deals that put the needs of American workers below those of other nations. So the USA chanting you mentioned is agreeable to me, and not upsetting. I support and agree with the people chanting.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

#MeToo ^^^

Save    
margaux

I would never look to his rallies to understand his policies. I'd like to think we could look to the debates to understand it, but his debates are like his rallies--fear, anger, ignorance, and lies. How about a policy speech? Nope. He reads them as if he's heard the words for the first time.

He's willing to make decisions that benefit US jobs, to restructure trade deals that benefit our economy, to challenge China's economic advantage-taking and intellectual property theft, to restructure our tax code to help American businesses compete, and to secure our borders using actions instead of only words.

Willingness and the ability to accomplish those goals are two different things. Gee, I'd like to see those things happen too so elect me! He thought his bullying tactics would work and they haven't. He doesn't really have a Plan B. It's all talk and it's coming from a con man. Let's see how he's going to convince farmers and rust belt workers to wait patiently another five years and reelect him.

Save    
maifleur01

Why would I provide sources for my comments if people do not have a knowledge of history and have in the past refused to even look at sources. If you want someone to look at look at Louis XVI or Oliver Cromwell.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Speaking of history, trump is on tv now hosting another new episode of Drunk History and Drunk Current Events, maga

Save    
mudhouse

barncatz: There is not a single piece of criticism that you would consider. None of it is, has been, or could be valid.

mudhouse replied: I’ve finally learned there’s no point in my going back and listing the times here in HT I’ve criticized Trump. I criticized his use of “s***hole countries,” his words against Carly Fiorina’s face, his comments about Judge Curiel, his comments about women who get abortions, and more. No point. Two weeks later, you or Annie or others will be insisting that no Trump supporter ever disagrees with anything he says or done. So, I’ve stopped; it wastes my time.

Annie : Not sure how I got dragged into this one, but since I was "invited",...

Because, Annie, you posted this up thread, three days ago:

Annie: Fine abh. Show me where a trump supporter has said *anything* negative about trump. There's thousands and thousands of posts here from trump supporters over several years. Find me one. I may be wrong but I don't *ever* remember seeing a trump supporter say, "trump was wrong" about *anything*.

So thanks Annie, for reposting my comments from mrskjun's thread about the "****hole countries" comment. These are indeed my words:

mudhouse: If Trump did say this, it was a big mistake, because it's too easy to misinterpret it in the way you are (I think.) He should be more careful with his words, especially since he knows so well that people are working against him.

I'm saying I understand that, and if he did, it was stupid and offensive.

I've posted negative things about Trump before, Annie, but it never stays in anyone's memory, apparently. Not negative enough? Okay, how about these?

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/4986792/trumps-behavior#n=496

Whynottryit: I have not seen a non-politician/celebrity disagree with him on anything so I would like to know what it is for you. If you don't mind.

mudhouse: I don’t agree with some of his tweets, like retweeting an unattractive photo of Cruz’s wife during the campaign. I didn’t like his comments about Fiorina’s appearance during the debates either.

He shouldn’t have played any part in reviving rumors linking Cruz’s father to the assassination of JFK. It was completely inappropriate and slimy.

I didn’t like his idiotic statement that women should be punished for having abortions, if the procedure becomes illegal. What the h*ll was that? (For the record I don’t support overturning Roe v. Wade.)

I disagreed with the obvious lack of planning when they rolled out of the travel ban. I thought it was a royal screw up, and he should have had better people or better plans in place to handle it.

I didn’t agree with the way he interacted with Khizr Khan. Trump should have let Khan have his opinion, shown respect for his son’s sacrifice, and left it alone.

I didn’t agree with his comments about Judge Curiel, and how he tried to tie Curiel’s heritage into the question of whether or not he could be impartial. (Curiel was born in Indiana as well.)

I didn’t agree with his comments about whether or not John McCain was a hero.

I think he has a responsibility to seek confirmation about news events before shooting off a tweet to make a point. I’ve learned the hard way you can’t always trust the first thing you read, and as president, his responsibility to get confirmation is bigger than mine is.

So, as a memory aid, let's sum up my comments taken from only two threads in the past. I said if the ****hole comment was true, that Trump made a big mistake, he should be more careful with his words, and that it was stupid and offensive; I disagree with some Tweets, including those about Fiorina's face, and Cruz's wife; his comments about Cruz's father were inappropriate and slimy; his statement about women being punished for abortions was idiotic, "what the h*ll was that?"; the first roll out of the travel ban was a royal screw up and needed better planning; he should have shown respect for Khan's son sacrificing his life and kept quiet; he shouldn't have tied Curiel's heritage into his judicial rulings; I disagreed with his comments about McCain; he should confirm news events before tweeting.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Adding, Annie, none of us are expected to remember everything that others post. This is how bias confirmation works (for all of us.) We automatically seek information that confirms the beliefs we hold already, and we automatically overlook, disregard, or forget information that challenges something we believe (like, Trump supporters never say anything negative about him.) I do it too. We all do.

It's frankly easier for both sides to dismiss the viewpoints of the other by believing they're based in monolithic thinking, and not in any kind of rational or reasonable use of judgement.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Excellent job, Mud. It would appear that annie has accepted that she was wrong-headed on the issue.

annie had written: ...doesn't really measure up to "disagreeing" with trump in my book. That may explain a lot of why the left thinks trumplicans never criticize trump and they think they do.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Thank you mudhouse...you have, as you said, disagreed with trump on a number of issues. I'm glad for that. Now if they only got to the level that it would end your support for him....

Save    
mudhouse

Thank you Annie. Trump would lose my support in a heartbeat if he started agreeing with the policies of the Democrats running against him, but that won't happen. With the exception of the way the travel ban was rolled out, the things I listed above were words. Most of them are simply things that I think would have been better left unsaid.

Actions are what matter. I've seen Trump's actions regarding the economy, regulations, trade deals, foreign policy, and judicial appointments. And I'm seeing the actions of the Democrats regarding the Mueller investigation, the failed attacks on Kavanaugh, the current faux impeachment inquiries, blocking trade deals the US needs for partisan reasons, and more.

My support is where it should be for the benefit of the country.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

, the current faux impeachment inquiries,

Thank you mudhouse;))))))))

1 Like Save