SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ns0622

HELP! Hard to find interior door levers for slim thickness door!

Nick
4 years ago

With hours of research I still cannot seem to find a good answer on a fix for finding affordable interior door levers. I just recently refinished my interior hollow core doors and now I am wanting to find appropriate fitting levers for them. The issue is that my home was built in the 1960s and the original hollow core doors that I refinished are only 1 1/4” thick. With that being said, I am starting to lose my mind in finding affordable (meaning around $20-$30 per lever set) privacy levers to apply in order to complete my project. It seems as if manufacturers of levers only sell them to fit the standard interior door thickness of 1 3/8”-1 3/4” (not to mention they sell extension sets for thicker 2” doors but nothing to accommodate slimmer doors like the ones I have). I do not want to replace my doors with new ones due to my budget and that I worked hard and spent a lot of time on refinishing them. I have googled, looked on amazon, eBay, Schlage, kwikset, emtek, builders, mobile home websites (since mobile homes usually have slim doors), antique hardware websites, etc. I will admit that on the antique hardware websites & emtek they had a few to accommodate my doors, however they were wayyy too pricey and unaffordable for my wallet. On top of that, I most certainly would like to use levers and not my old knobs, nor do I want to buy new knobs since I love the lever look. It would be very helpful and so much appreciated if someone could provide me with some ideas on what to do!! Thanks!!

Comments (3)