SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natasha_prasad84

stone veneers for exterior wooden steps

Natasha Shahram
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi Guys! I am in need of more help with my never ending remodel... This is the last project before the snow comes! I have to make a decision within a week. The entry steps sadly are wooden, underneath the old carpet. I am really hoping there is some kind of stone veneer I can put on top of the wood once we rip the carpet off. I really don't like the look of wood so I am hoping to avoid just going with the deck type material the person I hired for the project keeps insisting I use. I found a lot online about putting veneers on top of cement or concrete steps... or putting wooden planks on steps.. but nothing about putting stone veneers on wooden steps. If anyone has had experience with covering exterior wood steps with any kind of stone/concrete/ brick veneer, any advice or comments you could share would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any suggestions of what products to use or anything at all, I would be grateful for any guidance. Unfortunately I have only found one person to take the job on, this time of year everyone is scrambling to get all home updating done before the Buffalo snow, and my experience with this person is that he only lets me know of the options that involve the least amount of work for him. I have to find out my options and the products and supply him with it or else he will do whatever is easiest for him, and he marks up the materials he uses like crazy! I just want some kind of veneer that doesn't look like wood... and I really would hate to put a carpet. Please share your experience or thoughts! Thank you!

Comments (6)