SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_224375096

Good feedback, few showings

The Nuh
4 years ago

Our house has been on the market for a little over a week. So far we have only had three showings, and no other ones scheduled. The house was spotless, lawn well-manicured, etc. The feedback we received was good, but for whatever reason, the house just "wasn't for them". I think they were people without children, and I always imagined the house as a family home. A couple of people commented on it not having central air, but I think at this price point it shouldn't be exactly be expected, and this is Michigan where it is rarely needed and is more of a luxury than a necessity (maybe that's just the world we live in now). On Zillow, our house is rated #1 in terms of views and saves when compared to other similar homes in our area. Our realtor and I have also shared the link on local Facebook buy and sell groups, and have received positive reactions there as well. It's a cute, move-in ready house within walking distance to schools, in a highly sought-after town for our area that already has a bit of a housing shortage. What gives? Why aren't people following through and coming to look? Even with the market slowing down, I would imagine we'd still have at least a few more showings.

Comps in the area have sold fast, some at or even above the asking price. Some of the houses were less than impressive in my opinion. I know the market is starting to slow down a bit, but I feel like it shouldn't be THIS slow. Even our realtor seemed to think our house wouldn't be on the market for long, but now we're getting close to the two-week mark. She thinks the house and photos are great, and that it is just timing. She has suggested an open house, which we'll try but I'm honestly not feeling very positive that it will make much of a difference. She also suggested dropping the price a bit, which I'm not really willing to do now considering we don't NEED to sell at the moment and I know what the other houses in the area have sold for.

Here is the link. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the photos? Maybe they're too dark? I don't exactly want to take all new photos and have our agent redo the listings and whatnot, but I honestly don't know what the issue is. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/340-N-Liberty-St-Marshall-MI-49068/96771388_zpid/?rtoken=99d64df2-ec04-49e5-a2a1-3cf16a3d7d86%7EX1-ZUvvl5q8xzb1u1_1u0pw&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emo-sellerlistingreport-hdp&utm_term=urn%3Amsg%3A20191016120901056215a81bb656fc&view=public

Comments (31)