SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael_roman80

Need advice! My first lawn.

Eccowing
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all!

my wife and I just moved into a New duplex and to keep a long story short; the landlord and I have made a deal. The context isn’t important, but my end of the deal is to take the weed ridden, patchy lawn and bring it back to a nice plush yard that both increases the aesthetic appeal of the property but also Provides a nice area for my daughter to play and enjoy. I’ve helped care for lawns in the past but nothing completely on my own. This yards biggest problem seems to be the weeds. Without thinking , I grabbed some beer and music and mowed it down low, took the weed eater to the edges, and spread a whole bag of Scott’s weed and feed winter guard over it. Fast forward 5 days, 2 of which were rainy, and i can already see new growth in the patchy areas. I figure I would come here and see if anyone can give me advice one what I should do from here and if I’ve taken any correct steps already. I know it’s about to be winter, but I want to do as much as I can now so that in spring we can enjoy being outside. Here is a pic of the front and back yard. Any criticism, advice, etc is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!