It's Good Melania Trump has her Priorities...A WH Tennis Pavillion

chijim

Hmm, the former FOTUS planted a veggie garden...

Melania Trump Announces A New White House Tennis Pavillion

It's good to see how the First Lady, in the face of traumatized babies in cages and impending genocide of Kurds in Syria, gets to the heart of what's *really* important. By Nicole Belle

There's tone deaf and then there's tone deaf

Ignoring the constitutional crisis emanating from the West Wing, the humanitarian crisis on the border, the Russians and the Turks advancing upon the Kurds that we've abandoned in Syria, or the fact that her husband is an Adderall-addicted, dementia ridden megalomaniac willing to destroy the rule of law to save himself, Melania Trump has found her newest project:

Melania Trump @FLOTUS

Exciting to break ground on the new tennis pavilion project at the White House today. Thank you to all who will help in making this legacy piece possible for future first families to gather at and enjoy for years to come. @theNationalMall @NatlParkService

To continue:

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/10/melania-trump-announces-new-white-house

SaveComment47Like
Comments (47)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

Each First Lady has done something for or to the White House. While First Ladies can and have done political things that is not what they are there for. While I think their marriage is only show people in a real marriage seldom contradict their spouses in public. Suggesting what is in the articles above is simply nonsense. I may not like what she has done in the past blasting her or any other First Lady for things that they have not done on things they have no control over is strange.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

If Michelle Obama did a tennis pavilion- You would laud her for her "fitness".

The pearl clutching continues....

4 Likes Save    
Eat Well

Barron must like tennis. Because there is no such thing as the common good in the current WH.

2 Likes Save    
Andie

Do Melania and Donnie play tennis?

Save    
whynottryit

But....but...AOC got a haircut.

5 Likes Save    
chijim

queenmargo

The pearl clutching continues....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well we saw how the right got triggered and apoplectic over a veggie garden, tan suit, sleeveless dress - if the Obamas' had added a tennis pavilion, the righties would have be storming the WH with pitchforks and torches because Obama was being too uppity. SMH

4 Likes Save    
Janie

Who plays tennis? Certainly not Trump or his wife.

I agree, maybe it’s for her son

Save    
Delilah66

She had to leave something behind besides her husband.

7 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

The article says that there already is a tennis pavilion that was installed by Teddy Roosevelt. Why not just refurbish that one?

Save    
chase_gw

Not sure why anyone sees this as a big deal......all First Ladies leave their mark.

3 Likes Save    
barncatz

I didn't know Melania played tennis, and don't care, but the photo of her husband playing is seared into my memory.

Tennis seems like a healthy way to handle the job stresses. Hope we have Presidents in the future to use it.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

chase, perhaps because of the hypocrisy of trashing AOC for a haircut while melania is building tennis courts and had them install an entire glam room in the WH for her...and the kicker is, AOC is spending her own money vs melania who is spending ours.

5 Likes Save    
maddielee

FYI...there is already a tennis court at the White House. Mrs. 45 broke ground for a pavilion, one that no one has seen plans for but will be paid for by donations (‘they say’).

And I bet they will cover the basketball court lines that President Obama added, because President Obama did it...

Link

“Love all, Mr. President

The White House tennis court has been a favorite outdoor recreation area for many presidents and their families. Tennis courts were first installed in the Theodore Roosevelt years on the near south side of the West Wing. The court was moved further south around 1910, to where the swimming pool is today, and were enjoyed by the Wilson daughters and Coolidge sons, among others. Florence Harding hosted the first women's tennis exhibition at the White House. And it was on the old White House tennis court that Calvin Coolidge, Jr. got a blister after playing without socks, which led to his death by blood-poisoning at the age of 16.

Later, a small court was built in its present location. Nancy Reagan held a fund-raiser tournament here. George HW Bush enlarged this court in 1989. In 2009, Barack Obama had basketball court lines painted and removable baskets added so that he could play full-court basketball.”

Save    
Carro

queenmargo

Michelle had her "wonderful human being", Harvey Weinstein to her WH 13 times. She's a supporter of the arts, not an enabler of a rapist, yano.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Why is her shovel gold? And so shiny!!

Love her coat, though.

Save    
barncatz

Carro, you ever go to a Harvey Weinstein produced movie?

1 Like Save    
Eat Well

She does have a really good coat game. Except for that stupid "I don't care ..." jacket.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

barncatz

Carro, you ever go to a Harvey Weinstein produced movie?

Since I found out he's a rapist? No. Since I'm not in Hollywood or connected at the hip like the Obama's, I was totally in the dark to his decades of sexual abuse and rape.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

What was Michelle Obama doing when Barrack was droning children to death?

I hope she punishing herself for all of her husbands' misdeeds.

Save    
blfenton

Because she wants to see her man playing tennis again

3 Likes Save    
barncatz

BIFENTON, gosh darn it all. You went there!!

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

Oh I knew you were all remembering this great photo and wanted to see it again

Save    
barncatz

Ha ha ha. You scamp.

1 Like Save    
Eat Well

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Which photo is more believable, jama7's or this one?

I can no longer decide as my eyes have been seared shut by blfenton's photo.

3 Likes Save    
Jennifer

My eyes have been singed. Do they even make tidy whities that size?

Save    
elvis

Hmm, the former FOTUS planted a veggie garden...It's good to see how the First Lady, in the face of traumatized babies in cages and impending genocide of Kurds in Syria, gets to the heart of what's *really* important.

Yes! Planting a vegetable garden will be really effective in addressing traumatized babies in cages and impending genocide of Kurds in Syria.

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

To be honest, I like both of the FLOTUS photos and I like the idea of both of their endeavours to beautify the White House grounds for their families and subsequent occupants.

4 Likes Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

The tennis pavillion will also be used for outdoor dinner, dance and speaking functions, protected from weather. Multifunctional.

Gold shovels are customarily used for groundbreaking ceremonies.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Whend did people start saying "I threw up in my mouth?" I threw up is bad enough -- when did this start. Please, stop.

5 Likes Save    
barncatz

Gold shovels appear to be optional, (I googled groundbreaking shovels), but having seen Trump's penthouse, it's an unsurprising one.

Save    
Ann

Good news. I can't remember which president put the bowling alley in, but it's been very popular among several presidents.

3 Likes Save    
whynottryit

Bleusblue...just think of it as acid reflux.

Save    
bleusblue2

But -- but -- whynottryit -- that brings up images too -- still -- can you tell me why people are saying this? Who started it? Was it in some comedy routine? Yukh.

3 Likes Save    
Janie

The tennis pavilionwill also be used for outdoor dinner, dance and speaking functions, protected from weather. Multifunctional.

LOL

How “thoughtful” of Ms. Trump. What a gal.

The White House already has plenty of places for dinners, dances and speaking functions, protected from the weather.

This is the White House, not a country club.

1 Like Save    

bleusblue2 I’ve got your back. the origin:

1 Like Save    
elvis

bleusblue2

Whend did people start saying "I threw up in my mouth?" I threw up is bad enough -- when did this start. Please, stop.

I agree.

One can only hope they don't say it in front of their grandchildren.

3 Likes Save    
whynottryit

Miss Lindsey, that image is worse. Spandex crotch??? Ewwwww.

1 Like Save    

Lol it’s quite the movie.

Save    
sableincal

So Melania rededicated a tennis pavilion. Beginning with Jackie Kennedy First Ladies have regularly gone around the White House and its grounds having little ceremonies for refurbishings and innovations, even as atrocities were occurring around the world. People adored Jackie's televised tour of the redecorated WH, even as our troubles with Cuba were hardening and Vietnam was escalating as a vicious situation.

But I wonder why this event was singled out, and apparently for contempt. In this same time period (the last week or so), Melania hosted a WH forum to discuss the evils of e-cigs and vaping, with young teens as her guests. Did we hear about that?

Then she traveled to Wyoming, to visit the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone - in not exactly optimal mid-October weather - accompanied by members of the National Park Service, to promote people visiting our national parks. Again, not mentioned.

I wouldn't trade places with any FLOTUS for anything. I couldn't take it!

4 Likes Save    
Delilah66

"Hmm, the former FOTUS planted a veggie garden...It's good to see how the First Lady, in the face of traumatized babies in cages and impending genocide of Kurds in Syria, gets to the heart of what's *really* important.

Yes! Planting a vegetable garden will be really effective in addressing traumatized babies in cages and impending genocide of Kurds in Syria."

I asked which is more believable, not which project was more effective. However, we can go down that road now. Vegetable garden: teaching children about healthy habits and giving them a sense of accomplishment. Tennis court: ignore the babies in cages and returned to abysmal conditions from which they came, as well as the death knell her husband sounded for Kurds. But I will give her this: compared to her husband, she's just a twit rather than a lying, evil SOS.

Save    
jama7(6)

" But I will give her this: compared to her husband, she's just a twit rather than a lying, evil SOS."

I can imagine what she thinks of a possible 2nd term: Hell on Earth. She despises the man and where he's put her and Baron. If she had an ounce of guts AND principles, she'd walk. Since she hasn't that reveals that $$$$ is why she married him and why she's still there...big surprise. I don't get people who prize $2K purses over a happy, free life spent with the people they love. Instead she wears her dark glasses to hide her eyes (which betray all usually!) and slaps his hands away.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

Just thought of something. There's probably a clause stating that Trump gets custody of Baron if she divorces....or something close to that. That would be something he'd do.

Save    

sabelincal when you come across news like you describe above you should start threads on it!

I for one would love to read about that work that the First Lady is doing.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

I agree sabelincal. I was rather incredulous of her anti-bullying campaign and mystified by her Be Best (?) campaign.

But an e-cigarette and vaping campaign and research into it makes sense and is necessary. trump did announce back in September something about banning e-cigarettes but I wasn't hopeful and so ignored it.

Judge Napolitano said today

Discussing the issue on his Fox Nation show "Liberty File," Napolitano called the ban on flavored e-cigarettes "intrusive government intervention," and labeled it a "violation of Freedom of Choice."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-napolitano-trump-vaping-ban

Governor Inslee of Washington instituted a 120-day ban on flavoured e-cigarettes yesterday and is facing a big backlash for his decision.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/health/flavored-e-cigarette-ban-washington-state-bn/index.html

I would like to know more about Melanie's efforts.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I am glad to hear she is doing stuff that isn't trivial. I suspect her FLOTUS office people aren't doing much of a job of getting a message out since they have practically no staff. I am not a fan of expecting spouses to work for free just because they are married to the president. I am thoroughly against expectations but if they choose then good for them but don't go to Africa wearing a pith helmet or wear some dumb jacket saying you don't care. That is dim. Either get a brain or some staff with brains.

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
The Polite House The Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story
Most Popular Kitchen of the Week: Pushing Boundaries in a San Francisco Victorian
If the roll-up garage door doesn’t clue you in, the blue cabinets and oversize molding will: This kitchen is no ordinary Victorian galley
Full Story
Most Popular Interior Design Trends Expected to Take Hold in 2018
Get the lowdown on the colors, materials and other design decisions gaining steam now
Full Story