Tillerson says trump asked him to break the law

Annie Deighnaugh

President Donald Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/trump-urged-top-aide-to-help-giuliani-client-facing-doj-charges?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business

As more comes out about the illegal activities in the trump administration, more comes out about the illegal activities in the trump administration.

don the con doesn't just break the law once, but many, many times and keeps on doing it because he keeps getting away with it.

SaveComment17Like8
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ziemia(6a)

Is his House of Cards falling?

4 Likes Save    
margaux

I hope Tillerson knows how to whistle.

11 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

just pucker up and blow.

11 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Trump makes up the laws and gives the orders.

2 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

It seems to be one long uninterrupted criminal enterprise since Trump entered the front door of the White House.

Did Tillerson just drop this information?

6 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Once this administration is over, the stories will be legend. This one is just a preview.

8 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

Subpoena Tillerson. He'll talk.

10 Likes Save    
JodiK

Somebody should tell him that the laws apply to him, too. Apparently, he's unaware.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

But he doesn't think that the laws apply to him. He views presidential immunity as a free get-out-of-jail card. But and I may be wrong, but I don't think this immunity is absolute.

3 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Tillerson should have already talked. I don't understand his reticence to speak up from the minute he was unceremoniously dismissed.

3 Likes Save    
HU9999

He may be talking soon. This should be added to the list of things being investigated. Subpeona him.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

I was disappointed when Tillerson didn’t speak up sooner. I’m not sure why. I think it’s because he sounds exactly like my dad.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

There is a obvious theme at the White House

Trump does, or attempts to do something illegal or contrary to his oath as president. Someone calls him on it, or at least strongly object. They get "shown the door".

Let's make a list of they who probably got asked to leave. Who probably need to be subpoenas, if they haven't received one.

-Rex Tillerson

-John Kelly (got cushy job possibly to keep silent)

-Previous Ambassador to Ukraine, Yovanovitch

-Jeff Sessions

-John Bolton

- Rick Perry

- Pete Sessions, Congressman Asked to help Guiliani/ 2 buddies just arrested to put pressure to get Ukraine embassador Yovanovitch removed, Trump removed her

Found a good source for list

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/08/politics/trump-admin-departures-trnd/

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

You can start at the beginning with Sally Yates.

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Yovanovitch is supposed to testify today.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Remember that op-ed letter to the NYT's. Time for that person and a few more who have seen the corruption and obstruction first hand to come forward.

It feels as if the Trump Train is careening off the tracks......

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Add it to the stack!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
Decorating Guides California Law: License to Practice Interior Design?
By Houzz
A proposed bill that would require a license to practice interior design in California has Houzzers talking. Where do you stand?
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story