Majority for impeachment and removal

Annie Deighnaugh

Latest poll shows 51% of Americans think trump should not only be impeached but removed from office.

Sentiment is turning against him very quickly now.

And note who managed the poll!

A new poll released Wednesday by Fox News shows that just more than half of all registered voters support President Trump's impeachment and removal from office.

Those surveyed said 51% to 43% that Trump should be impeached and removed from office. Four percent said he should be impeached but not removed from office, and 40% said he should not be impeached at all.

SaveComment96Like5
Comments (96)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carro

TAKE THE VOTE!!

1 Like Save    
Eat Well

Let's review:

1. The "vote" is not necessary thanks to Republican house member's political machinations during the Obama years.
  2. The Trump administration has said there is no guarantee that they would cooperate even if a vote for impeachment passed.

So, voting is unnecessary, a waste of time and pointless.

9 Likes Save    
Delilah66

The dark side is turning.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Yup, the Pubs said that a prelim vote in the House is totally unnecessary.

(And nearly all the Dem House Reps have now advised constituents of their position.)

Save    
Jennifer

58% in a poll I read. He’s imploding.

Save    
catkinZ8a

There were no high crimes and misdemeanors.

No vote has been held on a formal impeachment inquiry.

It's red meat for their Dem base--to keep them interested.

It's just more political theater by the Dems.

Surprise.

Save    
Andie

Why continue to showcase your lack of understanding regarding voting? Shouting it just makes it more obvious.

11 Likes Save    
Eat Well

It's kind of amusing at this point.

5 Likes Save    
whynottryit

The vested interest displayed for this man rather than the Country or the Constitution, continually baffles me.

14 Likes Save    
war garden

the poll was less then 5,000 people.

when is 100,000 being polled then it will matter.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

It could be 5 million and it still won't matter to some.

10 Likes Save    
Iris GW

NOT A FOX NEWS POLL!!!!! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

trump is toast.

1 Like Save    
cait1

I really have to question what is going on in some people's ability to think things through.

Isn't there always bragging about how Hillary won the 'popular' vote? (some love their popularity contests)

Translate that to 'polls'. Polls will always show that more people want Trump impeached. IMO, it's a no-brainer. Why get puffed up over it?

Save    
cattyles

Cait, we have that in common, I guess. I also question some people’s ability to think things through.

4 Likes Save    
whynottryit

Cait, I agree. Polls have not served us well in the past few years. I see no reason to believe this one either.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Polls will always show that more people want Trump impeached. IMO, it's a no-brainer. Why get puffed up over it?

Because the polls haven't "always" shown that more people want trump impeached. (Note this chart ends in sept. Since then, those lines have apparently crossed.)

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

“the poll was less then 5,000 people.

when is 100,000 being polled then it will matter.“

The margin of sampling error is +/- 3%.

Save    
dandyfopp

Fox News says 51%, add 10% for the real number.

Donnie sees that on State TV he will need an extra bump of fairy dust.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Polls will always show that more people want Trump impeached. IMO, it's a no-brainer. Why get puffed up over it?

I think it's important for the trumplicans to note too that, as much as they claim this has always been about being sore losers over the election, the chart above shows it isn't. Rather impeachment is more about trump's behavior in office and the choices he's making on policy and the growing evidence of criminal behavior while in office that is driving this change.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

I think what he did is easy for most people to get their head around and they know it was wrong. I think the way he is handling this is turning more and more people off. If he did nothing wrong then why deny Congress their requests for witnesses and documents.

Most people, excluding hard core Trump supporters , see that for what it is and aren't buying the "process" arguments.

3 Likes Save    
Eat Well

The inaccurate and misleading map that has been debunked repeatedly? That's all you got?

2 Likes Save    
Eat Well

Save    
lurker111

The map I posted is documented history. All the rhetoric in the world can't change the facts. Did you notice where most of the blue is? 3rd world mentality.

Save    
Eat Well

lurker111

The map I posted is documented history. All the rhetoric in the world can't change the facts.

------

Logical fallacy. The outdated map has nothing to do with current impeachment support.

Richard Nixon's map from 1972

2 Likes Save    
Eat Well

Cue the meme, insult or deflection

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Nixon wasn't impeached..and you said logical fallacy. lol! :)

1 Like Save    
Eat Well

lurker111

Nixon wasn't impeached..and you said logical fallacy. lol! :)

----------

Insult and deflection and another fallacy. I never posted that Nixon was impeached. I just posted his election map. Nixon resigned. Because he wasn't a complete dolt.

Have a great day!

6 Likes Save    
lurker111

It's good that you see your mistakes. You can take it out on me. I don't care, as long as you learned something. :)

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

He got his bump.

SNIFFFFFFFfff

2 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Lurker, please post a link for your source for your map. It has no legend or description of what it is from it's source, or was that edited out. Or is it just a map that looked good. If it's real then there should be no issue posting source.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Poor Trump, no body likes him. No one wants his jobs. No one wants to be around him. He is contagious and they know it. Spreading his evil everywhere.

Save    
lurker111

It's the 2016 election map by county. The district map looks about the same.

Take your pick

1 Like Save    
catspat(aka)

Impeach this...

It's a sad day when conservatives can't even tell the difference between land mass and population, even if there are a lot of jack rabbits and such out there in those red areas...

3 Likes Save    
Eat Well

Trump tweeted the first map (now gone from the board) with the "impeach this" declaration on it. That's why his fans keep sharing it here. Trump tweeted it so it must be true! /s

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Post a direct link to your map. Couldn't go through all the examples of different maps to find yours on the link you provided. Why can't you post a direct link to your map? Is the source a questionable one? Oh nevermind, map has now been deleted.

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

This is the problem with the electoral college. At the time it was created, America was primarily agrarian. Not so much anymore; 81% of Americans live in urban areas.

Rural areas cover 97 percent of the nation’s land area but contain 19.3 percent of the population

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

The majority of Americans didn't vote for him no matter how you decorate the map.

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

Citizens don't get to vote for the president.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)
2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Citizens don't get to vote for the president.

Only counties do? I'm not following. You showed a county map. Perhaps you should show an electoral map instead?

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Mine was just a map from bing. I didn't use the meme, just borrowed the phrase. Reality bites. :)

Only counties do? I'm not following.

Oh well.

Trump beat Hillary twice. Once when she conceded, then again after she "un-conceded". lol

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

"Citizens don't get to vote for the president"

WOW Electoral College electors aren't citizens? Who knew?

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

You should watch the video and stop posting that propaganda.

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

Here’s more proof that the map is propaganda.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/10/02/donald-trump-impeach-this-map/

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Again, just to help you understand, if your point is that only electoral votes matter, that is the map to make your point. Not a map of counties reflecting the number of American votes (aka, citizens who voted).

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

From the snopes link: The version of this map on Metrocosm has since been updated. However, the outdated version of this map continued to circulate and eventually landed on Trump’s Twitter feed.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

I was never talking about votes or the election. Just showing you how red the country is. You can scream "fake map" all day long. Prove it. Show me a "real map". Again, reality bites.

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

I need to vow SOB attitude, ridiculous.

Tribble behavior to illicit responses.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

But the country is not 'red' when you take the votes into account. More people didn't vote for Trump. You are only showing a geographical representation (and an outdated one at that). The fact is that only 70,000 votes across 3 specific states made the electoral college swing in his favor.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

At least we admit that the map is real. That's a start.

The fact is that only 70,000 votes across 3 specific states made the electoral college swing in his favor.

And the left was hoping hillary could win by one state. The left wanted the EC to vote against Americans and give hillary the election. How pathetic. I wonder if we could find those old threads.

2 Likes Save    
whynottryit

2016 is over. While colorful and possibly fun to look at or laugh about, the maps from that time have no real value. What we have learned since then is far more relevant. The best barometer, to me, for impeachment is determining what people around you know about it. Not who picks what picture on social media.

Because of this president, lives have been put at risk. Because of his carelessness, his negligence, his greed and his arrogance, this country is rapidly devolving into a 3rd world style dictatorship. Sifting through his lies, media hyperbole, and myriad distractions and deflections takes time and focus. The colors or validity of some purported 2016 map don't address any of today's problems but only provide more shiny objects to divert attention from them.

6 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I do wonder if some of the electoral college voters regret their vote now. They had the chance to deny Trump their votes.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

" The colors or validity of some purported 2016 map don't address any of today's problems."

It isn't a map of crat corruption. Maybe it should be.

Save    
cattyles

Iris, I bet they do and they should. We had all the info we needed back then.

2 Likes Save    
Janie

Looks like Fox News has joined the “fake” news team, since they published a poll showing a majority of Americans support impeachment.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

FOX is controlled by China now, just like the rest of them. China controls your thoughts.

"Time Warner, Disney, Murdochs' News Corporation, Bertelsmann of Germany, and Viacom
(formerly CBS). Their control spans most of the newspapers, magazines,
books, radio and TV stations, movie studios, and much of the web news
content of the United States."

Save    
whynottryit

If China is indeed in control, then we must thank Ivanka for that. Her work there has been quite fruitful.

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Lurker

What is “crat?” Please explain.

Save    
lurker111

Demo-crat. Pretty simple. Compare to "pubs". hth :)

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Never heard “crat” until you posted it. The short form has always been Dem/Dems.

Save    
JodiK

If trump had an ounce of self respect, he'd resign.

2 Likes Save    
Janie

Publicans - (in ancient Roman and biblical times) a collector of taxes.

1 Like Save    
numbersjunkie

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Is Rachel Bitecofer factoring in Russian interference? How far will they go this time?

Save    
HU9999

What does the electoral college or the popular vote have to do with impeachment?

Answer: nothing. It's just a deflection. Stop falling for it.

The majority of the country now thinks Trump should be removed from office.

That has not always been the case (to counter another untruth posted above).

The more that comes out, and there will be more, the higher that number is going to go.

Save    
lurker111

The majority of the country now thinks Trump should be removed from office.

That's debunked propaganda and wishful thinking.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

lurker's red and blue map (by state) fails in one crucial way. It pretends that the red and blue states have equal voter populations from BOTH parties.

In other words, it fails to show the high density of population in most of the smaller blue states vs. the extreme sparsity of population in most of the larger red states. Lurker's states colored red are measuring a lot of empty or barely populated geography.

Kate

Save    
dandyfopp

Well it made Donnie feel better.

He should have it made into a quilt, he can wrap up, self soothe and rage tweet at the same time.

2 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Don't feed the TRibble.

(Changed from you know)

4 Likes Save    
whynottryit

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good

@FoxNews Poll. Whoever their Pollster is, they suck. But

@FoxNews is also much different than it used to be in the good old days. With people like Andrew Napolitano, who wanted to be a Supreme....

Save    
whynottryit

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

...Court Justice & I turned him down (he’s been terrible ever since), Shep Smith,

@donnabrazile (who gave Crooked Hillary the debate questions & got fired from

@CNN), & others,

@FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I’m President!

Save    
Delilah66

“Oh well, I’m President!” Who is he trying to convince?

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

That's right trump, send your "enforcer" to rake over murdoch for publishing a poll that shows America wants you impeached.

Attorney General William Barr and media mogul Rupert Murdoch had a private meeting on Wednesday night, not long after Fox News released a poll showing that 51 percent of voters are in favor of impeaching Trump and removing him from office, The New York Times reports.

A person familiar with the matter told the Times the pair met at Murdoch's home in New York. Source: The Week

The only news that can be published is that favorable to trump. Sheesh! You'd think Murdoch would know better!

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

That is a very odd combo.......wonder what the purpose was .

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"The majority of Americans didn't vote for him no matter how you decorate the map."

Not in dispute. Did you think there was a reward for that?

Save    
HU9999

Hmmm, Barr visiting a media mogul after said media mogul published a not flattering story on Barr's boss.

Not good optics.

4 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

If you have some time this article is a must-read. Long but really interesting.

Planet Fox

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Awwwww...someone didn't like my post answering Chase's question, I did, so here it is again :

Barr was busy hunting down crazy trump conspiracies around the globe and meeting with Murdoch strategizing, you know, AG Stuff.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

The poll with 58% has to do with people supporting an inquiry.

The poll finds that, by a margin of 58 percent to 38 percent, Americans say the House was correct to open the inquiry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-majority-of-americans-say-they-endorse-opening-of-house-impeachment-inquiry-of-trump/2019/10/07/be9e0af6-e936-11e9-85c0-85a098e47b37_story.html

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Ever since the pro impeachment polls topped 50% the DOW has been rising, happy daze are here again, nyuk.

1 Like Save    
PRO
tapla(Mid-MI z-5b-6a)

Yesterday before dinner I told my grandson I was withholding his laptop until he cleaned up the mess he made making those cookies you slice from a tube of refrigerated dough. He said, "I believe that's an illicit quid pro quo and probably constitutes an impeachable offense."

Al

10 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I'm afraid he's mistaken but what a funny guy!

1 Like Save    
whynottryit

Love it!

Save    
socks(10a)

Even before he was elected, every time he opened his stupid mouth, I thought, “you’ve done it now.” (Madison Avenue shooting, for example.) But this miserable excuse for a man man just powers on, protected by the fools and crooks around him. It seems like things are getting worse for him now. Are we actually getting to a point where he has to pay for his horrible, foolish behavior? America in the world has been waiting way too long.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Looks like a typo. That should be Lyin'.

Note: unless the poofed post before mine comes back, my comment makes no sense.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Iris, I immediately thought the same thing!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

But that sign could be good news...if trump is through co-opting the gop and ready to start his own party, that'll split the rw vote and ensure a dem win. Keep that lyin' lion going.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Hah! The lyin' lion disappeared!

And what do you know? That lyin' lion logo has links to a white supremacist group.

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2019/08/trump-2020-logo-looted-from-white-supremacists/

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Let's in courage trumpsters to form their own "lion" party. That will break up the conservative party's into smaller groups and then Democrats will be sure to win every time.

Just noticed Annie's already said the same thing. Great minds think alike!!

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

The time for a 3 party system has come. The Lying Party has a true ring to it.

Save    
Chi

More than 75% of college students support the Democrat's impeachment inquiry, according to a poll released today. This is more than a 20 point jump from 52% who said the same in late May.

97% of those who support it are Democrats, 22% are Republicans and 76% are Independents.

Trump's in trouble if the youth get to the polls like they did for the 2018 midterm, where they smashed 2014 numbers and had the highest turn out in decades.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/465807-three-quarters-of-college-students-back-impeachment-inquiry

1 Like Save    
cattyles

The Lyin’ Party sounds right. Their mascot can be the ostrich.

Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

What the Don does not understand is his base is small to lose one is hit the panic button time.

The Republican party has always ben smaller than the Democratic party throw in the Independents that he is losing and it is a earthquake. You can see on HT the few numbers of support.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Lyin Party. Is that like Fraud Guaranteed and Mafia Rave, the companies Giuliani's partners owned?

1 Like Save    
whynottryit

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Craftsman Design Houzz Tour: Major Changes Open Up a Seattle Waterfront Home
Taken down to the shell, this Tudor-Craftsman blend now maximizes island views, flow and outdoor connections
Full Story
Transitional Homes Houzz Tour: A Georgia Foreclosure Gets a Major Overhaul
Gutting and redesigning turn a mishmash 1925 home into a unified haven with better flow
Full Story
Urban Gardens Give Your Compact Patio Some Major Style
11 ideas and examples to take your outdoor room from snoozefest to stellar
Full Story