Whoa!!!

kathyg_in_mi

I was just in Buying and Selling Homes and there are only 6 posts listed! I go there frequently and there are usually pages of posts.

Must have something to do with Halloween and spooky things!

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maire_cate

Yep - you're right - only 6. Hmmmm. Very odd. But I have to admit that forum has been very slow this year. I used to find it so interesting - people had all sorts of problems or weird happenings. But lately it's been a little dull.

Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
eld6161

I stop in but rarely have anything to add to the party. I wonder if all the reconfigurations happening here, fewer are "discovering" it?

Smaller Homes has changed dramatically. It is now probably what it should have been, people discussing dilemmas in their small homes. It used to be a cozy place where yes, we all lived in small homes, but really talked about everything similar to the KT and Home Decorating Conversations.

Unless they have all changed their screen names, I don't see any of these people.

kathyg_in_mi

After I posted this I read Sushipups post and they covered this quite well. Happening on a lot of forums they say.

Save    
desertsteph

Smaller Homes has changed dramatically. It is now probably what it should have been, people discussing dilemmas in their small homes. It used to be a cozy place where yes, we all lived in small homes, but really talked about everything similar to the KT and Home Decorating Conversation

I miss our small homes forum. we had such a great group on there!

I wonder what's going on with all of them - like ML, MamaG, Shades, Jay etc

1 Like Save    
lkihlk hiffmpequt

I just noticed on the cars forum. One minute the posts were there and then they were gone. Houzz doesn't seem to make it easy to find these forums. you have to know they are here. Under another name I've been here since it was That Home Site! I wonder if they are ditching older posts? Sad to think it. A lot of good historical info in there. Especially the appliance form. I'd go into the store and know way more than the salesmen/people!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Pretty much the same is happening with all the GW forums. Just a few posts remain.

Olychick

All the Birdwatching posts are gone, but the one lamenting that they are gone.

desertsteph

they probably us out of here. all they want are people who will hire their people and buy their products.

gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Lordy folks, don't panic!! It has been explained by Houzz admin on other forums as just another one of their endless series of software glitches and they are working on a fix. If you have been present on these forums for more than a few months, you should be very familiar with this.....it certainly happens often enough. Last week it was the edit function that went wonky.

desertsteph, if it were not for the discussion forums drawing folks here in the first place, there would be no one to hire any of the Pros listed here or purchase any of their overpriced goods. That's why they purchased GardenWeb in the first place - to capture all that forum membership. It is completely counterproductive to their business to get rid of it!!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
wantoretire_did

Desertsteph, I was one of the originals on the Smaller Homes forum, having become fed up with so much McMansion discussion. It really has morphed into something totally different from the warm and sometimes charming forum it started out to be. I particularly remember Aunt Jen’s southwest home which after a visit to England, she completely transformed it to an English cottage, and don’t remember her name but another poster was very talented with mosaics; lost her husband Joe. I hope you finally got settled in your desert home.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Key Measurements to Make the Most of Your Bathroom
Fit everything comfortably in a small or medium-size bath by knowing standard dimensions for fixtures and clearances
Full Story
Eclectic Homes Houzz Tour: An Old Barn Inspires a Gracious New Home
Graceful and elegant, this spacious home in the Virginia countryside takes farmhouse style up a notch
Full Story
Before and Afters Houzz Tour: Better Flow for a Los Angeles Bungalow
Goodbye, confusing layout and cramped kitchen. Hello, new entryway and expansive cooking space
Full Story