Trumpster pulls gun after spotting Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Oh-oh--wasn't there a red line drawn there somewhere?

-------------------------

"Joseph Schumacher is accused of having driven up alongside a woman on Monday after spotting a sign on her car voicing support for democratic presidential frontrunner Elizabeth Warren.

As he pulled alongside her he rolled down his window, gesturing to the sign on his own car, which read Trump 2020.

The two began to argue from their cars on the central road through Moorhead, Minnesota. . . .

The back-and-forth continued for several blocks, however authorities say Mr Schumacher escalated the argument when he pulled out a gun and proceeded to wave it at the democratic supporter before driving away.

After finding the suspect at a nearby business, officers discovered a loaded handgun by the driver’s seat.

A passenger in his car later confirmed the 27-year-old’s actions.

Mr Schumacher, of West Fargo, North Dakota, has since been charged on suspicion of making terroristic threats, and one count of having a loaded weapon in a vehicle without a permit. "

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporter-pulled-gun-woman-114551790.html

---------------------------------

That is one of the problems with lax laws on "carry." When it is so easy to carry a gun on your person, some get frustrated about not doing anything with it--so they do!

Kate

SaveComment28Like3
Comments (28)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

What's a 'Trumpster'?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

9 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Guess.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

Ziemia!!!! I'm dying!

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Which definition are you using, OP?

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

(hee, hee)

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Well if he ever ends up in jail, he'll be in trump stir!

4 Likes Save    
Michele

Here’s one.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

That is the car of a lonely man.

4 Likes Save    
roxanna7

"Trumpery", the actual word, hails from the 1400s, via French to English, and - yes - it means "to deceive". The alternate meanings of showy but worthless, gaudy, delusive and shallow are all such excellent adjectives to describe Donald Trump. They all fit him to a "T".

As to the OP, the very idea of concealed carry for the general public is anathema to me. The OP is a case in point as to why.

8 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

So, it's an insult to fellow HT members when they're called Trumpsters.

Got it.

2 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

That is the car of a lonely man.

What?? He doesn't buy American???

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Honestly don't understand the role and relevancy here of this apparent quote ...

Save    
cattyles

It’s the opposite of a “Leftist”. Why would that be an insult?

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

That'd be right wing.

Save    
cattyles

Could be. Or could just be a trumpster.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

It designates a political supporter of Trump, a man who is deceptive, showy but worthless, gaudy, delusive, and shallow.

Not that much of a puzzlement, is it?

Kate

4 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Gangster, hipster, prepster (anyone else use that one to mean “preppie”?), jokester, prankster...

The -ster suffix is quite common in English and isn’t in itself derogatory. It would only convey a negative meaning if the reader thought negatively about the noun at the root.

3 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Oh, and nice to find out the gun wielder was from ND not MN. Not that it matters much but still, I’m glad MN’s reputation is intact :-D

Save    
petalique

Mr Schumacher, of West Fargo, North Dakota, has since been charged on suspicion of making terroristic threats, and one count of having a loaded weapon in a vehicle without a permit. "

——

“Is that your friend in the wood chipper?”

Save    
Jennifer

Warning to any progressive. Do not put a political sticker on your car. The trump maniacs are itching for a fight and it might turn deadly. These right wing lunatics are unstable or how how would you explain their devotion to the idiot.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Jennifer

Warning to any progressive. Do not put a political sticker on your car. The trump maniacs are itching for a fight and it might turn deadly. These right wing lunatics are unstable or how how would you explain their devotion to the idiot.

Save    
Carro

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Increasingly, comments from Trump supporters are disconnected from logic and context.

(IOW - I don't know what some of their comments say.)

3 Likes Save    
petalique

I hear you, Ziemia. Anxiety ridden, disjointed, conspiracy laden grasping at straws nonsense. That’s how their leader sounds too.

They are too numb to notice. Dangerous Don’s psychopathy is emerging in spades. Of course he shows no concern for our Kurdish allies. Cold transactional cash register.

He’s making tens of phone calls to Moscow Mitch daily. Good pairing — cold and greedy with cold and hateful.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Do not put a political sticker on your car.

That's good advice regardless of what politics you endorse.

1 Like Save    
JodiK

It would seem that the few have no problem giving up their Constitutional rights to an expectation of privacy and the proper legality where search and seizure come into play.

Yes, it's sometimes unfortunate, but we can't punish the many for the idiocy of the few.

(I sure wish more folks were as hyper-focused on other important issues that currently plague our society as they become when the word "gun" enters the conversation.)

Save    
dandyfopp

I wouldn't put a political anything on my car or on my person, but I appreciate when the Donnie fans self identify.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular New Ways to Think About All That Mulch in the Garden
Before you go making a mountain out of a mulch hill, learn the facts about what your plants and soil really want
Full Story
Features You Won't Believe What These Homeowners Found in Their Walls
From the banal to the downright bizarre, these uncovered artifacts may get you wondering what may be hidden in your own home
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: What’s on Your Refrigerator?
Magnets, menus, children’s art, coupons, perfect-attendance certificates, song lyrics — what is fridge-worthy in your house?
Full Story