Trump campaign threatens to sue MN Target Ctr for asking to pay upfron

chijim

Good for them - we know Trump is a welsher PAY YOUR BILLS!

Your campaign/RNC raised $125M in the last 3months....you can afford it!

Trump campaign threatens to sue Minneapolis Target Center for asking them to pay $530,000 in rally-related expenses up front

Published

24 hours ago

on

October 8, 2019

By

Alex Henderson, AlterNet AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FlipboardFlipboardShare to Copy LinkCopy LinkShare to EmailEmail

Minnesota, which went to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016, is among the midwestern states that President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign would love to flip in 2020 — and a Trump rally was scheduled for this Thursday, October 10 at the Target Center in Minneapolis. But Trump’s reelection campaign, according to Minneapolis’ KTTC-TV, is threatening to sue the Target Center for asking the campaign to pay for expenses associated with the event up front.

KTTC reports that in a letter sent to the Target Center on Monday, the 2020 Trump campaign alleges that it was asked to pay $530,000 up front to cover security and other expenses and would withhold use of the facility if it didn’t receive that payment. And in the letter, according to KTTC, Trump’s campaign describes the bill as “an outrageous abuse of power by a liberal mayor trying to deny the rights of his own city’s residents just because he hates the president” and notes that the U.S. Secret Service handles security-related costs of such events.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey was elected in 2017 as a member of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL), which was formed in 1944 when the Minnesota Democratic Party merged with the Minnesota Farmer-Labor Party. Before becoming mayor, Frey served in the Minneapolis City Council.

00:11 00:45

Located in Downtown Minneapolis, the Target Center is an arena that is often used for sporting events as well as concerts.

SaveComment99Like1
Comments (99)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eat Well

Good for them. And of course some Trump lackey would try to deflect from Trump and the RNC dead beat reputations and make the evil lib Mayor the bad guy.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Bad credit risk.

5 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Is there a law against asking for payment upfront?

5 Likes Save    
HU9999

It makes perfect business sense. Something Trump would not understand.

8 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Good for Mayor Frey for trying. I hope he sets a precedent for other cities considering how many Trump has stiffed.

"Frey’s office did not respond to a request for comment Monday night, but he responded to a tweet from Trump and his campaign Tuesday morning."

"In a statement after Trump’s rally was announced, Frey said he couldn’t legally block the president from coming but his “message of hatred will never be welcome in Minneapolis.”"

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/07/trump-campaign-threatens-to-sue-target-center-if-rally-is-blocked

6 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Message of hatred LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Save    
Iris GW

I'm not getting your point ... what's wrong about asking to be paid?

8 Likes Save    
maddie260

^^^^Do some research. dt has left a trail of unpaid bills for campaign speeches. Good for this fiscally responsible mayor!

Edited: my comment is meant for those who are against this demand.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

While the city owns the Target Center like in many areas it is managed by an independent company. It is up to that company not the city to manage their billing as they wish. Having seen the other places that have not been paid they are wise to insist on up front billing.

4 Likes Save    
Delilah66

I heard Mayor Bowser is trying to get in touch with Mayor Frey.

1 Like Save    
Chi

Lol, how embarrassing for his campaign. Such a scam artist.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Why exactly should they sue them for asking to be paid? Is that another one of Trump's famous business practices?

4 Likes Save    
leona_2008

trump thinks if he threatens to sue, he'll get his way. It is my understanding that he's misused the courts in this way for a very long time. I hope this gets lots of attention so everyone will know how often he stiffs the cities he goes to.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

This rally's going to be awesome!

1 Like Save    
Ann

Wow, they charged Obama $20,000 for his 2009 rally!

3 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

catkinZ8a

The American people see this for what it is---an attempt to censor citizen's rights to free speech.

I love how conservatives always hijack the term "American people" to make it seem Trump has everyone's support. Sorry, the MAJORITY of Americans, as you well know, disapprove of Trump. The majority of American people ALSO support the impeachment inquiry.

There is no suppression of speech if Trump pays the fees up front. He's got big bucks in his war trunk. He's stiffed over 10 cities to the tune of over $850K for extra police security and various fees/services. Some bills are 3 yrs old...WH just ignores them.

Reading that article, one really has to be impressed with the right's brazen hypocrisy. It is probably their most defining trait. I'm referring to the statement they made about the mayor that it was "an outrageous abuse of power" to request the $$ upfront. That is RICH since the GOP is carving out new territory by the day flaunting the constitution.

11 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

Does everyone who requested a ticket to this rally get to pay later too?

Or do they have to pay before they receive their tix?

Why different for the Donald?

Seems kind of petty that the billionaire can’t dig deep and come up with the money to pay his bills. And by “kind of” I mean extremely, and by “billionaire” I mean allegedly pretty rich guy.

8 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

leona_2008

trump thinks if he threatens to sue, he'll get his way. It is my understanding that he's misused the courts in this way for a very long time.

This is his "Art of the Deal" secret. Sue, sue, sue. Bully, threaten, sue some more. This guy is the WORST NEGOTIATOR because he doesn't negotiate; he just threatens something or other....

7 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Yep, the Target Center cost the Obama ADMINISTRATION $20,000. The Obama Campaign or DNC did not pay $20,000. Lying or exaggerating or jealous of my President?

“It’s not extortion to expect that someone will pay their bills, even if that person really hates paying their bills,” Frey said... “President Barack Obama was coming here on behalf of the Office of the President of the United States, not as a campaign event,” Frey said. “He was coming here to champion a specific policy. And in that case, it was health care. Here, President Trump is coming to Minneapolis as a campaign rally."

The Welcher-in-Chief was outed!

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/08/after-day-of-legal-threats-trump-campaign-says-target-center-rally-is-fully-approved

9 Likes Save    
Ann

"Does everyone who requested a ticket to this rally get to pay later too?

Or do they have to pay before they receive their tix?"

No cost for tickets to Trump rallies, Lindsey, unlike campaign fundraisers.

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

First time I've ever seen Free Speech tied to paying one's bills.

Good for the Mayor and Minneapolis for asking for their money upfront.

6 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Miss lindsey, he will be charging for his 3rd run.

Save    

Thanks for the info Ann :)

1 Like Save    

There is no mechanism for impeaching the United States. Silly.

2 Likes Save    

Even if the map is God’s own word it doesn’t matter; being elected does not insulate a person from impeachment no matter how big the electoral landslide.

Commit impeachable offences, get impeached.

6 Likes Save    
Carro

Isn't it ridiculous how the leftist radicals have to cheat and try their very best to put their opponent at a disadvantage to win?

Save    
Chi

Isn't it ridiculous how the right thinks it's ok for Trump to just not pay his bills and leave cities on the hook for his expenses?

9 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump is a USER. He uses everyone. Period.

7 Likes Save    
Carro

It's going to be a great rally! Can't wait to see a sea of red t-shirts supporting our men and women who protect and serve!

God bless America!

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

That map is an insult to intelligent people. And it’s spam. It’s been posted numerous times.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump doesn’t pay his bills. He has used and thrown under the bus his appointees that wouldn’t cover up for him.

He wanted Tillerson to go to DOJ and get Giuliani’s Iran client dropped from Investigation for a crime.

He uses people, then he throws them away.

He is using his voters to do his own crimes and they are enabling him.

4 Likes Save    

Why doesn’t Trump pay his bills?

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump has the WH lawn. We pay for that.

Save    
Jennifer

Back in the day when he was building,no one ever got their payment. He would quibble over it and then made them settle for 70% or sue him. Read the books on the shyster. He still owes my city money from a rally two years ago.

6 Likes Save    
studio10001

Did anyone hear if that high school group ever got paid?

Or Lebanon City Hall? Mesa? Erie? Green Bay?......

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

The idea of a sea of red t-shirts reminds me of something. Now just what was it???? Something not healthy for a lot of people.

5 Likes Save    
Moxie

Most venues in this area require up front payment.

If I had my way, ALL Presidents, irrespective of party or personality, would be restricted to the White House and Camp David for the entire term. Presidential travel is expensive for taxpayers. A visit strains local budgets, takes police away for their normal work. makes a mess of traffic and generally disrupts life. No reason not to use video conferencing.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

What's wrong with asking to be paid?

Why should someone be sued for wanting their payment for services?

7 Likes Save    
elvis

maifleur01

The idea of a sea of red t-shirts reminds me of something. Now just what was it????

You're thinkin' of the Red Sea parting, mai.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Gee, the OP left out the facts. There is already a contract in place with an agreed-upon price. The new $530,000 overcharge is for "$530,000 for security and other costs related to hosting the event."

However, the campaign said in a statement Monday that after the arena “attempted to pass the costs on to the Trump campaign under threat of withholding the use” of the space, it “informed the Target Center that the U.S. Secret Service is solely responsible for coordinating security.”

The campaign also warned that denying it the arena “would be viewed as a breach of contract and result in court action.” And the Trump law firm Jones Day wrote in a letter to the Target Center's management firm that the “last-minute squeeze” by the city government “seems to be nothing but a pretextual political effort with serious First Amendment ramifications.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/08/trump-picks-new-fight-with-minneapolis-mayor-038988

According to Politifact:

There is no specific requirement within the provisions of the Federal Election Campaign Act or Federal Election Commission regulations for congressional or presidential campaign committees to pay for expenses incurred by a state or local government for campaign events, said Myles Martin, an FEC spokesman.

That means that campaigns can choose to reimburse governments for security costs, but they are not required. A Secret Service spokesman told PolitiFact that it is not funded to pay police overtime and doesn’t have a mechanism to do so.

The Trump campaign said that the Minneapolis "city government preemptively informed the Target Center that it would be responsible for $530,000 in security and other costs" related to a Trump rally, "more than 26 times the estimated security costs for a 2009 Target Center health care rally held by President Barack Obama."

A letter from AEG to the Trump campaign cites the $530,000 estimated costs. An article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press paraphrased the Minneapolis police chief at the time stating that the costs would be $20,000 for an Obama rally.

We rate this claim True.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/oct/08/donald-trump/trump-campaign-says-minneapolis-wants-charge-53000/

4 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

There's a farmer somewhere in the heartland receiving Trump's subsidies that should lend his cornfield to Trump for a rally.

Moxie

Most venues in this area require up front payment.

If I had my way, ALL Presidents, irrespective of party or personality, would be restricted to the White House and Camp David for the entire term. Presidential travel is expensive for taxpayers. A visit strains local budgets, takes police away for their normal work. makes a mess of traffic and generally disrupts life. No reason not to use video conferencing.

Expanding on Moxie's post, any/all campaigning PERIOD should be restricted to just the 12 months prior to the election. Taxpayers should not be subsidizing a POTUS's campaign (which for Trump started sev weeks after his inaugeration) nor should a POTUS have his attention taken off his duties for years. That said, in Trump's case, this would be a relief....a lot less harm done with him campaigning. In fact, I think all campaigns should be limited to one year and many less candidates. We've reached the point of ridiculousness.

Elvis re: your post. There is MUCH wrong with our election process. This is one of them. However, I doubt most presidents took advantage of this and stiffed city govts of critical monies and NO campaign has ever gone on for a POTUS's entire term as Trump's has with his "rallies" and most don't draw large, angry crowds and protestors that demand such large security forces. Minn is expecting huge #'s of both groups and is calling on various depts and other communities to assist. This is a crowd that Trump loves to whip into an angry, chanting, screaming mob and one that normally has great potential for violence. This has not been the case with any other admins.

This is a list of all Trumps rallies. How many millions have we paid out for this raging narcissist to get his ego stroked? Obscene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-election_Donald_Trump_rallies

8 Likes Save    
elvis

From the OP:

BTW, it would probably be better to use a descriptor that can't be construed as an ethnic slur. Just sayin'. Bolding mine.

Save    
Iris GW

The new $530,000 overcharge is for "$530,000 for security and other costs related to hosting the event."

Capitalism - the owner can charge what he/she thinks is fair and appropriate. Don't like it? Go somewhere else. That's the beauty of the American system, right?

3 Likes Save    
Carro

This is all the Left has. Trying to censor free speech and deprive Americans of their rights, in order to prevent Trump from being re-elected.

Say, has Obama ever made good on his debts to the DNC for his 2012 election, which left them bankrupt??

Bankrupt and vulnerable to Hillary Clinton in 2016.

2 Likes Save    
Eat Well

Logical fallacy - requesting payment up front is not censorship. Or depriving Americans of their rights.

Deflection - Obama, Hillary, blah, blah, blah.

6 Likes Save    
HU9999

First time I've ever seen Free Speech tied to paying one's bills.

True, but not the first time we've seen that some don't understand what free speech means.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

If venues have truly found that it costs that much then they should charge for it. I would be perfectly happy to see them charge the same to the next Democrat president running for re-election. Not partisan, just business.

2 Likes Save    
HU9999

What is wrong with asking to be paid for services?

This question has been asked a few times. When one doesn't have an answer, fall back to BUT OBAMA/HILLARY.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

This is nothing but business. Pay up or go elsewhere.

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

The fact is that the Trump campaign does not think it has to pay its bills, and any vendor that has dealt with the Trump Organization in the past knows not to do business with him unless they are paid upfront. This is all on Trump and his way of doing business, and the mayor of Minneapolis is right.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"This is nothing but business. Pay up or go elsewhere."

Dang, that's one heck of an increase since 2009. No, it's not about business. It's a whiny, nervous Dem mayor who will employ any tactic he thinks he can to try to prevent his state from potentially flipping red in 2020. I think we'll see more and more of this carp in blue states. Just trying to win the real way is not sitting well with Dems at any level right now.

Save    
Iris GW

Well, perhaps costs have risen, do we have all the relevant information about that? Perhaps they learned that 20,000 was way too little. Perhaps Trump has a bigger entourage.

I don't think it is the mayor imposing these costs.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Ain’t nobody “flipping” to red. The mayor is protecting his city from eating the bill like other cities have been forced to do. He is doing the job he was elected to do.

5 Likes Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

Currently there are about 7000 peple in line-in the Skyway. However, it looks like no one is there from the outside-and press cameras are banned from showing the crowds inside. MTV and NBC news teams were shutdowm by security, however, they can'can't shutdown the small radio crews...I guess the mayor doesn't want people to see the crowds!

The city also would not allow food vender permits to feed the 1000s in line for 8+hours!

One good item, everyone is cheering each officer wearing "Cops for Trump" t-shirt.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

That would almost be funny about the pettiness of not allowing food vendor permits if it wasn't so pathetic and super unfortunate for the potential business of those vendors.

Save    

“.I guess the mayor doesn't want people to see the crowds!”

Well if he doesn’t, he’s not too bright.

Bigger crowds = higher security cost = he was right to ask for more money

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

That is a shame about not allowing food vendors and I certainly don't support that kind of petty behavior if they are normally allowed.

2 Likes Save    
HU9999

Since Trump is not willing to pay for the priviledge of using the facility, the facility should charge those attending a fee. There's no reason the facility should be stuck holding the bill.

Too bad Trumpian logic is so flawed.

4 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Apparently the Trump campaign still owes El Paso half a mil, so Minneapolis isn't far off in the amount needed.

7 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I take it food trucks are usually allowed at the Trump rallies?

Which security team isn't allowing tv crews?

Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

The Target center security-city sponsored. NOT the secret service.

Save    
Delilah66

“Can't wait to see a sea of red t-shirts supporting our men and women who protect and serve!”

It would be nice to have a central character who protects and serves someone besides self.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“The city also would not allow food vender permits to feed the 1000s in line for 8+hours!”

Wasn’t there a recent trump visit to a business in WI or MN at which employees were required to attend to get their full, regular weekly pay and stand through the whole ordeal without food, water and bathroom breaks?

“Perhaps they learned that 20,000 was way too little. Perhaps Trump has a bigger entourage.”

Trump has a bigger reputation for not paying his bills.

REPEAT from up thread —-

The Target Center cost the Obama ADMINISTRATION $20,000. The Obama Campaign or DNC did not pay $20,000.

“It’s not extortion to expect that someone will pay their bills, even if that person really hates paying their bills,” [Mayor] Frey said... “President Barack Obama was coming here on behalf of the Office of the President of the United States, not as a campaign event,” Frey said. “He was coming here to champion a specific policy. And in that case, it was health care. Here, President Trump is coming to Minneapolis as a campaign rally."

2 Likes Save    
chijim

elvis

From the OP:

BTW, it would probably be better to use a descriptor that can't be construed as an ethnic slur. Just sayin'. Bolding mine.

Sigh!

Welcher (also spelled "Welsher") - ethnic slur?

Is "Welsher" actually an ethnic slur against the Welsh, in the sense
of "to welsh on a bet"? The supposed explanation ("offensive because it
implies that is characteristic of the Welsh people") is unreferenced.
The entry cites Dictionary.com, but no origin for the term is given
there. Is it actually one of those coincidental expressions, like
"ni**ardly", which sounds as though it should be offensive but really
isn't? AdorableRuffian 23:32, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
I usually let others argue over what constitutes an adequate
citation, but I just added two more citations I found related to this
issue. Art LaPella 05:29, 31 December 2006 (UTC)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AList_of_ethnic_slurs/Archive_3?useFormat=mobile

2 Likes Save    
maifleur01

I found it interesting that the Target Center reopened September 15, 2009 and Obama spoke on September 12, 2009 from it before the official unveiling of the green roof . Lower price explained beyond party or time. Obama spoke in an unfinished center.

Edited to change the date that Obama spoke

Save    
Iris GW

I thought someone said Obama spoke there in 2009?

Target Center is the first arena to have a green roof. It was unveiled on September 15, 2009

Save    
batyabeth

"an outrageous abuse of power by a liberal mayor trying to deny the
rights of his own city’s residents just because he hates the president”

Oh dear. Is someone confused between paying bills and having to like your customers? They don't like me.....WAAAAAAA! Unfair! Witch hunt!!

Sheesh. And just as an aside, is this the way a national campaign organization actually words its official letters? English, people, well-written and dignified use of the language, anybody?

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

One good item, everyone is cheering each officer wearing "Cops for Trump" t-shirt.

Cops who wouldn't get paid if up to Trump since THIS is what most of the costs are.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I was just listening to the radio, where they had reporters and were doing interviews with those waiting in line for tonight's rally.

They have a limited number of porta potties and a LOT of people. They have just moved the too few porta potties so anyone anywhere near the front of the line has to walk approximately two miles to get to the closest one.

Also, there is an indoor skywalk where many people are clustered, waiting in line. I'm not familiar with the venue but I guess because it's Minnesota, the skywalk is to help so people attending various events don't have to stand in the cold as long. The people in line say they have cranked up the heat so high within the skywalk that it's absolutely miserable, to the point of dangerous heat.

Wow, this mayor is something else! It appears he is doing everything imaginable to "punish" attendees of the rally. Amazing!

Save    
Ann

Oh, and it was also reported that whenever an off duty cop with his or her tee shirt appears, the crowd is erupting in cheers!

Save    
jama7(6)

Ann...the mayor is NOT in charge of managing this venue. It is privately managed.

2 Likes Save    

You know, you can get a LOT of ports potties for $500,000 if you have it.

Why doesn’t Trump want his supporters to have access to bathrooms?

eta oops forgot /s

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Jama, who is it you think is "privately" managing the temp in the skywalk?

Save    
Iris GW

so anyone anywhere near the front of the line has to walk approximately two miles to get to the closest one

That sounds pretty far-fetched actually. But the Trump campaign should be able to make a call and get new ones delivered pretty quickly by eager businesses that want the money. They might have to pay in advance, though.

5 Likes Save    

Do you know what happens when you put hundreds of living beings in an enclosed space?

The temperature rises. A lot.

5 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Ann

Jama, who is it you think is "privately" managing the temp in the skywalk?

The city doesn't run the facility. That is contracted out to a company....what didn't you understand? To think that a mayor would be so petty to crank up temps to punish people? Good grief. It's also more than likely that in a walkway, which is not very wide, that after hours and hours of who knows how many hundreds of people standing in line, it's a body heat thing. I doubt the facility mgr is going to crank up the heat and spend $$ he doesn't have to...kinda costly these days and it's not cold today looking at the crowd outside.

3 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Amy Klobuchar's campaign paid for the extra police staffing work required for her campaign announcement. She is a U.S. Senator. She didn't expect any favors from her own state.

2 Likes Save    
althea_gw

The Trump protests are coming along nicely. There are 2 Baby Trump balloons and about 10,000 protesters expected.

Is this why extra police are needed? The Trump crowd:

Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

By 9:00 this morning, there were over 7000 people in the Skyway. The Skyway system has over 9 miles of walkways.

The city was demanding the 500,000 charge, and they said they'd pass it on to the company contracted to run the target center (hoping to have them cancel the venue?) The 500,000 inflated bill is not for additional police hours for police security, it's for all the hours they'd be working anyway + overtime. President Trump's campaign and the secret Service normally pays the extra amount over the normal day to day expenses. They won't pay inflated rates.

Police officers in uniform are specifically forbidden to pose with anyone wearing Trump logos, etc.

Half the porta potties got removed from the site, and then were deposited 1 1/2 miles away--stripped of all TP and hand cleaner.

The city even closed the two closest parking lots to the venue! Nothing like trying to make it hard for those wanting to atend!

By the way, the protester groups are not being charged for security costs-and they are the ones making it necessary!

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

This is soooo unfair!

Save    
althea_gw

This is an excellent observation by Rep. McCollum

"Meanwhile, Minnesota Democrats are also sending out a clear message to the president that he is not welcome in their state, with Minnesota Rep. Betty McCollum telling Newsweek Trump's Thursday rally is just "another stop along the road to impeachment.

"I would call Mr. Trump's visit to Minnesota just another stop along the road to impeachment," McCollum said. "His vision of 'American carnage' is not a winning message.""

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-minnesota-minneapolis-rally-2020-election-1464325

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Those porta potties are not owned or rented by the city. Unless there was someone hired to keep the tissue filled etc. no one will do it. It is the responsibility of the renters to take care of that. Tells me that whoever is the manager of this rally is incompetent.

Those skyways are between 12 and 15 feet wide. I have been in the ones in the downtown. When there are a lot of people such as at noon or rush hour they are quite warm. The rest of the day they are cool.

Save    
chase_gw

Bottom line is the Trump campaign owes millions of dollars to communities for services rendered for his campaign rallies. The campaign argues the Secret Service is liable for all security costs including local police. That would be taxpayer dollars.

The President , no matter what he is doing, is entitled to personal protection , no question, but additional security and additional expenses, such as travel expenses for a campaign rally, are the responsibility of the campaign.

These rallies have nothing to do with his job as President, they are campaign events and as such should be paid for by the campaign.....or should be.

Interesting factoid....Trump has over $300 million sitting in his campaign coffers......what happens to all that money if it isn't spent on his re-election?

1 Like Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

He can portion out to other political candidates of his choice- just like all his predecessors did.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

"He can portion out to other political candidates of his choice"

.......or he can keep it ?

Save    
Ann

Looks like people decided to stay and attend the rally after all:) That's a big crowd.

Whoa, he just brought up Omar and the audience reaction was huge!

4 Likes Save    
elvis

chase_gw

"He can portion out to other political candidates of his choice"

.......or he can keep it ?

What do you mean, "keep it"?

1 Like Save    
Ann

Boy, those protesters after the rally tonight certainly presented a "good look" (sarcasm intended).

Save    
althea_gw

Any incidents applying to the protesters paled in comparison to the hate speech being shouted inside.

First Avenue lends it's roof to host a balloon. First Avenue also donated all of their profits for the night to Planned Parenthood.

We love Mayor Frey.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Minneapolis mayor proclaims 'Love Trumps Hate Day' hours before Trump rally

Did someone say something about hate speech? That's all I heard. ^^^

1 Like Save    
Kitchenwitch111

By 9:00 this morning, there were over 7000 people in the Skyway.

Don't these people work?

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Save    
Ann

Cattyles, I'm curious as to your point of your most recent Acosta comment? There was a whistle blowing person escorted out while the president was speaking. While I didn't see the sign, I assume that might be who Acosta is writing about.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Speaking of the rally last night, Baier just reported that some of the bottles thrown at police last night contained urine. That's disgusting!

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

^^ When they run over people and kill them like what happened in Charlottesville, let me know and I'll be outraged.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Kitchenwitch111

By 9:00 this morning, there were over 7000 people in the Skyway.

Don't these people work?

Sounds like a pretty silly question to me, but okay.

1 Like Save    

Don’t these people work?

As it turns out, not a silly question.

“Many are recently retired with time on their hands...

Several of those with jobs live paycheck to paycheck...Some rely on disability payments, like Cynthia Barten, or cut lawns in Missouri, like her husband, Ken Barten. Others sell secondhand items in Kentucky like Jon French, or find odd jobs such as clearing rocks from farmland in Minnesota, like Randal Thom. Kevin Steele quit his job and plans to finance his travels to Trump rallies with the remaining $120,000 from an inheritance.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-kind-of-like-an-addiction-on-the-road-with-trumps-rally-diehards-11567762200

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

If the political party of the complainers were reversed, we would have heard at least five slightly different versions of "Well, no one forced them to go." by now. I don't care enough about trump supporter's anymore to even bother shrugging.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

Sounds like a pretty silly question to me, but okay.

Odd. You used to ask that question of people here quite often. Now it's an odd question. Okay.

1 Like Save