24 hrs til the kurds are slaughtered...

Annie Deighnaugh

and it will be done by turkish and russian troops.

No one will be there to watch the ISIS prisoners who will be set free.

Russia will be taking one more step to reshape Europe and the Mideast to its liking, such as we haven't seen since WWII.

And this is one big rotten egg that humpty trumpty won't be able to put back together again.

Thank you trump for your 'great and unmatched wisdom'.

SOS

SaveComment46Like7
Comments (46)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Izzy Mn(4)

Winning!!! For Putin. Trump/Putin supporters you must be so proud.

Sarcasm of course. What a sick sick man Trump is. Republican...are you happy with your party? Get a spine, stand up and help clean up your mess.

How much more proof is needed that Trump is doing the bidding of Putin. Does he have to walk into the White House and have Trump put a crown on his head while burning the Constitution in the Rose Garden?

Are out allies wondering why we haven't done more to get Trump out. Why we haven't dragged him out and thrown his in jail. We are starting to look very foolish. While the impeachment process just get tangled up in red tape Trump is thumbing his nose and puts Putin's plan in place to tear us apart from the inside out. What will be left to pick up? What are we doing?

7 Likes Save    
maddie260

Blood on dt's hands. Read David Ignatius' twitter feed, and weep.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Handing them over to Erdogan and Putin to be slaughtered with no plans for the 11,000 ISIS they are holding.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes Maddie...read and weep for sure:

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

And yet the trumplicans are always shouting that obama and hillary *created* ISIS...and here is trump taking a situation where they were essentially stripped of all their land and now setting them free to attack the west yet again.

Is this making America great???

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump working with Russia. He’s not hiding anything now.

5 Likes Save    
maddie260

They'll be along any minute now to defend dt.

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

What side is the US on now?

This was a remark made on the above referenced Twitter.

Link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ignatiuspost/status/1181724205567631367

Added..Are there any other countries that had troops assisting the Kurds? Can you imagine the feelings our troops having to leave the Kurds, abandoning them? They must be heart broken. There are probably some pretty pi$$ed of military men having to leave them behind.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

...I'm also told that Turkish attack appears coordinated with the Russians. Russian-backed forces are mobilizing to invade the Kurdish area from the south — towards Tabqa and other spots. Meanwhile, ISIS is mobilizing sleeper cells in Raqqa and attacks have taken place tonight.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

Kathy

Trump working with Russia. He’s not hiding anything now.

####

What do they have on him?

Or is it just that he likes being evil for evil's sake?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

McSally hopes Trump's Syria troop withdrawal is 'reconsidered,' says US should stand with Kurds.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/martha-mcsally-trump-syria-troop-withdrawal-reconsidered-kurds-turkey

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What do they have on him?

The only thing that makes sense to me is oligarchs were co-signers on his loans...that and he's been laundering money for them for years.

3 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

At this point I’m not sure it’s anything they have on him—he’s more or less shameless.

I think it’s what they’ve promised him. King of North America probably.

Save    
maddie260

Probably some Republicans are now "VERY CONCERNED".

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yeah maddie...right up there with thoughts and prayers!

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Don't worry, turkey is too scared to attack the kurds otherwise trump will destroy their economy...............................................nyuk.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Do those Republicans care enough to actually stop this or are they just mumbling?

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

I imagine this is what it felt like being a good German watching your neighbors being loaded onto cattle cars. Do you suppose any of them wondered why their representatives weren't stopping Hitler from sending Jews to the death camps?

2 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

They are too busy defend their fellow Russian enablers. Threatening WBers, obstructing testimony in the impeachment inquiry, making up lies for Trump the Puppet to be bothered.

And hey, another distraction is good for Trump the Puppet and Putin.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

The attacks on the Kurds have started.......where is big mouth with his warning to Erdogan?

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Big mouth is too afraid that erdogan will confiscate his turkey towers.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)
1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

chase_gw

The attacks on the Kurds have started.......where is big mouth with his warning to Erdogan?

~~~~

Did he actually say anything about "defending the Kurds"? He did say that they were PAID -- the ultimate insult.

Save    
Kathy

The partner in Trump towers Istanbul threatened to take Trump’s name off the towers and he is Erdogan supporter. I wonder if that’s an issue now.

eta. Hubby just told me Trump’s decision is a conflict of interest because of his towers. I haven’t heard any news yet today myself, but it figures it is Trump interest, not US or anyone else. What a POS

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Plus it's what Putin wants.

Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

Can we talk a little about how weird this decision is? It absolutely makes no sense to and even the republicans in congress can see that. Yet, they dont' seem to have any power to stop it. Unless there is something we don't know about, this is a horrible decision that will have far-reaching consequences. Is there a mechanism by which Congress can stop this from happening?

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Impeachment will take too long, need the 25th amendment.

2 Likes Save    
Cookie8

I trust Lindsey Graham the least in all of this. Yes, this is a very messy situation but we don't know how. The media and Graham (and others) are stirring things up. I don't trust it. There is a history from the media to create a fear and frenzy for war. The Kurds and Assad have been in talks for months. This is a fact. I honestly think hysteria is being brought out because the administration does not want to leave Syria. Syria fights ISIL. They do.

Save    

You know, I don’t object to a withdrawal of troops from an occupied territory generally. Obviously, at some point the “helpers” need to step back and let those whom they’ve helped stand on their own strength.

I do object to the capricious way in which the decision to withdraw was made in this particular circumstance. It left the people with whom we’ve been fighting and working for a long time completely unable to stand.

That’s not OK.

5 Likes Save    
Cookie8

Sure, miss lindsey I get your point. I still truly don't understand the hysteria. There are way more Kurds in Turkey. Will Syria let Turkey come in and just take over? Do you think they want war? Is it really about the Kurds or the PKK? There is a difference. What about the talks the Kurds have with Syria? There are too many questions that we aren't informed about.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The problem with the 25th is that it requires vp to execute it and now pence is being implicated in ukraine and such.

Someone opined that the gop purposely wants to see pence wrapped up with trump too so that would make Nancy the next pres...which would be so anathema to the gop senate that they'd stick by trump regardless of what he's done.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Shortly after Erdogan announced the offensive, the spokesman for the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) -- a key US ally in northern Syria -- claimed that warplanes had begun carrying out airstrikes on civilian areas. "There is huge panic among people in the region," spokesman Mustafa Bali wrote.

1 Like Save    
petalique

And another distressing component will be more displaced families — refugees.

ISIL will regroup. The Turks are indifferent to ISIS as is Assad

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Does anyone on here remember Yugoslavia and what happened there? While there are Kurds in Turkey what is to stop the governments of that area and I am including Turkey, Syria, Russia etal. from simply turning on the Kurds living in their areas after the ones in northern Syria are killed. While it is nice to say defeated wiping out a bunch of people that are defending themselves is still killing them. Our government has once again shown to our allies how little they actually mean to us. While the Kurds are only a small population why if a major conflict would break out would any country trust the US?

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Here is a very clear delineation of what is going on in Syria and why--at least I found it clarifying. It also highlights Trump's defense of his decision to throw the Syrian Kurds to the dogs.

Seems like Trump sees "the Big Picture" and the rest of us do not!

Thought you'd like to know that!

--------------------------------

"Trump defends Syria move, doesn't want US troops in Mideast

President Donald Trump lashed out Wednesday over sharp criticism of his decision to pull back U.S. troops from northeastern Syria, insisting he is focused on the "BIG PICTURE" that doesn't include American involvement in "stupid endless wars" in the Middle East.

"Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East," Trump said in a series of morning tweets. "The stupid endless wars, for us, are ending!"

[. . .]

Trump's words are at odds with longstanding U.S. policy of keeping thousands of American troops in the strategically important region, and his decision is being condemned by some of his staunchest Republican allies.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a close Trump ally, stepped up his criticism of the president Wednesday, telling "Fox & Friends" that if Trump "follows through with this, it would be the biggest mistake of his presidency."

In tweets, Graham urged prayers for "our Kurdish allies who have been shamelessly abandoned by the Trump Administration," adding, "This move ensures the reemergence of ISIS." He also said he would lead an effort in Congress to "make Erdogan pay a heavy price," referring to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who announced the offensive into northern Syria.

Another Trump ally, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, a member of the GOP leadership, said she was sickened by the prospect of a Turkish incursion. "Impossible to understand," she tweeted, why Trump "is leaving America's allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS."

Trump argued on Twitter that "GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY!" He said the U.S. went to war under a "false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE!"

Trump said he is "slowly & carefully" bringing home "our great soldiers & military," in line with his campaign promise to do so.

He added: "Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!"

[. . .]

Trump has long criticized President George W. Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003, but the subsequent rise of extremist groups like the Islamic State has convinced many national security officials, and lawmakers such as Graham, that a precipitous U.S. troop withdrawal from the region would leave the U.S. and its allies even more vulnerable to extremism.

Trump also claimed the U.S. has spent $8 trillion "fighting and policing" in the Middle East, up from the $7 trillion figure he has cited numerous times.

Trump is using an inflated estimate on the cost of wars and referring in part to predicted costs going decades into the future, not money actually spent. . . .

Graham said Congress "will push back" against Turkey. . . ."We're not giving Turkey a green light in Congress and we're not going to abandon the Kurds," he said. "If the President does so, we won't."

Trump announced Tuesday that he and Erdogan will meet at the White House on Nov. 13."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-defends-syria-move-doesnt-125821312.html

-----------------------------------

In the meantime, our troops are being ordered to stand back and let the bombing of our Kurdish allies happen. Trump omitted that detail from his "big picture."

Kate

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

However (wrt to Kurds and Turkey), the relationship within Turkey is not benign and it's about more than the PKK.

Erdogan has been president since 2014.

Wikipedia

According to human rights organisations since the beginning of the Kurdish–Turkish conflict 4,000 Kurdish villages have been destroyed and some 40,000 people have been killed. In December 2015, Turkish military operation against Kurdish rebels in southeastern Turkey has killed hundreds of civilians, displaced hundreds of thousands and caused massive destruction in residential areas.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Are we still increasing the number of troops in Saudi Arabia?

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I believe we are.

Kate

Save    
catkinZ8a

Tell us, how many troops is our POTUS bringing hime from Syria, hmmmm?

Save    
HU9999

This, maybe more than anything else he's done, shows how incredibly dumb Trump is.

His premise is we should never have invaded Iraq in the first place.

OK, good, I do agree with him on that. That was a huge mistake.

So, what's the solution, years after we made that mistake and helped create the mess that exists today?

Not a long term plan to fix what we created and remove ourselves from the mess.

Pull everyone out and leave the mess. Let our allies be slaughtered because we shouldn't have made that mistake years ago.

This is the solution a 5 year old would come up with.

2 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Back when W was getting us into the Iraq quagmire, Colin Powell said, You break it; you own it. Oh, well ...

1 Like Save    

I remember as a teen watching Colin Powell back in the 90s and thinking “why isn’t this guy the President?”

c’est la vie.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Tell us, how many troops is our POTUS bringing hime from Syria, hmmmm?

Anyone have the answer?

Save    
bleusblue2

I remember as a teen watching Colin Powell back in the 90s and thinking “why isn’t this guy the President?”

c’est la vie.

~~~~~

He was a better man than the President but he folded. He was suspicious of the whole thing but he went along with it and accepted that cherry picked "evidence" of WMD. He's ashamed now, is my guess.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Yeah that's how I read Powell too. He eliminated a lot of cheney's WMD BS from his UN presentation, but not enough to keep "W" from making the worse mistake since Nam.

3 Likes Save    

I mean, just the idea that he can *feel* shame for his poor choices and their consequences though...

(re:Powell)

1 Like Save    
Our business goal is to grow by building a reputation for offering quality work, fair prices, and excellent... Read More