*Whistleblower* Had 'Professional' Tie To 2020 Dem Pres. Candidate

catkinZ8a

Whistleblower had 'professional' tie to 2020 Democratic candidate

by Byron York | October 08, 2019 03:04 PM

In an Aug. 26 letter, the Intelligence Community's inspector general, Michael Atkinson, wrote that the anonymous whistleblower who set off the Trump-Ukraine impeachment fight showed "some indicia of an arguable political bias ... in favor of a rival political candidate."

A few weeks later, news reports said the whistleblower's possible bias was that he is a registered Democrat. That was all. Incredulous commentary suggested that Republicans who were pushing the bias talking point were so blinded by their own partisanship that they saw simple registration with the Democratic Party as evidence of wrongdoing.

"Give me a break!" tweeted whistleblower lawyer Mark Zaid. "Bias? Seriously?"

Now, however, there is word of more evidence of possible bias on the whistleblower's part. Under questioning from Republicans during last Friday's impeachment inquiry interview with Atkinson, the inspector general revealed that the whistleblower's possible bias was not that he was simply a registered Democrat. It was that he had a significant tie to one of the Democratic presidential candidates currently vying to challenge President Trump in next year's election.

"The IG said [the whistleblower] worked or had some type of professional relationship with one of the Democratic candidates," said one person with knowledge of what was said.

"The IG said the whistleblower had a professional relationship with one of the 2020 candidates," said another person with knowledge of what was said.

"What [Atkinson] said was that the whistleblower self-disclosed that he was a registered Democrat and that he had a prior working relationship with a current 2020 Democratic presidential candidate," said a third person with knowledge of what was said.

All three sources said Atkinson did not identify the Democratic candidate with whom the whistleblower had a connection. It is unclear what the working or professional relationship between the two was.

In the Aug. 26 letter, Atkinson said that even though there was evidence of possible bias on the whistleblower's part, "such evidence did not change my determination that the complaint relating to the urgent concern 'appears credible,' particularly given the other information the ICIG obtained during its preliminary review."

Democrats are certain to take that position when Republicans allege that the whistleblower acted out of bias. Indeed, the transcript of Trump's July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is a public document, for all to see. One can read it regardless of the whistleblower's purported bias.

Nevertheless, Republicans will want to know more about the origins of the whistleblower complaint, especially given the unorthodox use of whistleblower law involved. There is more to learn — like who the Democratic candidate is — before Republicans will say they know enough about what happened.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/whistleblower-had-professional-tie-to-2020-democratic-candidate

SaveComment46Like
Comments (46)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carro

No wonder they want to keep him hidden away.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

LIke "the Wizard of Oz."

ROTF! So much for being able to confront your accusers.

What a pathetic circus and hack job the democrats are making of our constitution and protections.

All because they are sore losers.

Save    
Carro

Stan, the Democrats will remind us that this isn't a court of law! The rules don't apply.

1 Like Save    
Eat Well

bob_cville

I prefer to list the possible charges like this:

Foreign Assistance in the Election

Extortion or Quid Pro Quo

Coverup Withholding Whistleblower Report

Emoluments with respect to the Trump hotels

Second Coverup – Mishandling Records

^---- Cause the first letters spell out what Trump is deeply in.

1 Like Save    
Chi

He should be hidden and protected for as long as possible so another Epstein doesn't happen.

1 Like Save    
Carro

The WB is in danger from the Clintons??

1 Like Save    
Chi

"The WB is in danger from the Clintons??"

Personally I think it was more likely to be from this administration, but it's all speculation at this point.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Well, well well.

So a CIA agent is investigating the president on behalf of a 2020 Dem candidate without a warrant of any kind....incredible.

Save    
Kathy

Only a Republican be a whistleblower? Is that because all the GOP are protecting the criminal in the WH? That makes all the republicans dishonest not just Trump. Wow. That is damning for the GOP.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

"Wrong" is wrong, no matter who blows the whistle.

Most people have put the election and Hillary's loss behind them. You could.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

UMMMM the whistleblower also had ties to Trump, and FYI do you know who he is? Typical Trump, slander the source when he isn't even sure who the source is. He must be foaming at the mouth, he cannot smear a person he cannot see LOL.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Come back when you have a credible source, WE is not one.

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

This is all anyone needs:

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

3 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

STOP THE PRESSES!!

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS:

Under questioning from Republicans during last Friday's impeachment inquiry interview with Atkinson...”

WHY ARE REPUBLICANS BEING ALLOWED TO QUESTION WITNESSES IN CONNECTION TO THE IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY??!?!

THERE HASN'T BEEN A VOOOOOTE!!!!!

(yes i’m yelling. i am simply panicked by this news that the whistleblower has held or does hold gainful employment.)

/sarcasm throughout

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

The Democrats have no clothes!

Save    
catkinZ8a

We have an anonymous accuser who heard from other anonymous people that you are guilty.

We also have a second anonymous accuser who heard from additional anonymous accusers that you are guilty.

And yes, we, the court (Congress) helped your accuser draft their statements. And no, you may not see the evidence or meet your accuser.

But we promise you that even though the court (Congress) assisted your accuser in filing the charges which we will deliberate on, we guarantee that you will be given a fair trial.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump did NOT release the transcript. He released words but it wasn't *the* transcript.

4 Likes Save    
maddie260

dt supporters, get it through your heads: it doesn't matter who released the information. We all have it from dt! The whistleblower(s) have only added to and confirmed the information.

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

It doesn’t matter, at all. What trump released is enough.

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

So, small detail, but:

If you read a transcript, or a memo, or a summary of a recollection—

THAT IS NOT FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE.

that is second, third, fourth, tenth hand knowledge. hearing the call is the firsthand knowledge.

1 Like Save    
elvis

cattyles

It doesn’t matter, at all. What trump released is enough.

Yes, and? You don't want to get to the bottom of the Ukraine situation?

Save    
cattyles

Whatever the “Ukraine situation” means, it’s not going to keep trump from being impeached.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

<3 Save

Save    
ubro(2a)

We have an anonymous accuser who heard from other anonymous people that you are guilty.

Yup, that's how it often works, you hear from a neighbour that a friend of theirs is planning to rob a store, the person also posts their intent online, you relay that to the proper authorities and do they say, 'nope second hand knowledge' or do you think they would take it seriously and look into the allegations.

Trump admitted to his illegal actions, the accuser confirmed it and now authorities are looking into it.

Geez Louise, the WH choosing to not cooperate is tantamount to setting up a dictatorship.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

That is the basis of "see something, say something" - providing info to LE anonymously...

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

WTH I hit the edit button and it deletes the comment altogether, once again I cannot edit.

I was going to add, we have anonymous tip lines to catch poachers and criminals. The accused does not have to appear in court or tell the police their name nor is their call tracked. The police pick up the investigation from there and they decide whether it is credible or not.

The anonymity is to protect the person from persecution and given Trump's vindictive character IMO it is needed.

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Let them investigate the complaint. The House will gather info, organize it - then the Senate will have ample time to pull it apart.

And the Senate has its own investigative powers. Just take a look at their latest volume showing the ways Russia did interfere with the 2016 election.

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

You know one thing that incriminates Trump? Their over the top refusal to cooperate. This doesn't scream INNOCENT does it? Why would Trump make the decision after talking to HIS appointee Sondalnd to block him from testifying? If I had a witness that were going to clear me, I'd throw them forward to testify so fast, they wouldn't have time to blink. What conclusion would YOU draw from Trump blocking Sondland?

Try a real newspaper next time for a source.

5 Likes Save    
enegiram

Such hypocrisy! An OpEd! NY You will believe b/s a right wing, so-called “journalist” that a third person claims to have heard, yet you don’t believe the whistleblower! That is rich. Trumpers define the word hypocrisy!

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Elvis, what are you talking about? Mishmosh.

Save    
ubro(2a)

I find it funny that anyone would think that a person who works in the WH doesn't have ties to one political party or other.

Or do they think that if the WB was a Conservative then his claim would be truthful, as though the only truthful person can be a Conservative?

2 Likes Save    
margaux

It MATTERS that the whistleblower was a Democrat!! Now I want to know how IG Atkinson votes, the guy who found the WB's complaint to be legitimate and of utmost concern. You know, the guy who Trump nominated for IG? Cause this complaint would go NOWHERE without the IG! Is he a Democrat too???

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“But we promise you that even though the court (Congress) assisted your accuser in filing the charges which we will deliberate on, ”

The WB filed no charges. A complaint was filed IAW requirements for such.

Whether the WB had assistance with such filing is immaterial and not illegal. After all, drump has rudely snidelash conducting government business for him.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Whether the WB had assistance with such filing is immaterial and not illegal.

We know he had assistance lol lol,, that is why his complaint came across so credible. His assistance knew exactly how to file this.

Save    
Iris GW

There are a lot of government agencies that help people fill things out. It saves time later having to get it corrected.

Save    
cattyles

Throw whatever you want out there. If Dems did something wrong, we will acknowledge it. But it won’t change trump’s impeachable conduct.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

This IG one appointed by Trump?

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

So now the GOP has pretty much stated that if a WB or witness is from the opposing party, he is to be ignored. That he/she is obviously a political hack, a biased, anti Trump liar. Do I have that right?

Will this also work in reverse?

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

A whistleblower reporting corruption should by all means be ignored or roadblocked if they are a Democrat? That makes no sense at all. I thought Reps were all for obeying the law? Or is that only for Dems too?

Save    
margaux

No one in the FBI should be a Democrat either.

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Kathy...

The GOP decided some years ago...maybe during Obama Time that "obey-the-law-stuff" was really kinda old fashioned.

Save    
Delilah66

“ an anonymous accuser”

What parts of the various whistleblower laws and corporate policies do you not understand? The WB’s identity does not EVER have to be revealed. Yet those who desire righting wrongs might eventually know who WB is and will have no obligation to reveal his identity. Shocking, right? Why do you think that is?

”His assistance knew exactly how to file this.”

Ummm, unlike trump who gets advice from his sleazy consigliere? Yep, not only is WB concerned about his sleazy, unqualified, lying president, he’s smart enough to avail himself of quality assistance. That bothers you? Hard to wrap your head around how smart people get through life?

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

The GOP admin should be able to investigate one's voting records as part of the hiring process. Just stop all these silly potential probs right off the bat!

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"Michael K. Atkinson (born May 16, 1964) is an American attorney. He worked for the United States Department of Justice for about 15 years before becoming the second Inspector General of the Intelligence Community. He assumed office on May 17, 2018."

Save    
queenmargo

No one in the FBI should be a Democrat either.

Face it, No one should be a Democrat.

Save