Trump lies, again. Let the Kurdish genocide begin

Janie

Trump falsely claims he ‘consulted with everybody’ including Joint Chiefs – Pentagon was ‘blindsided’

President Donald Trump late Sunday night decided to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria – opening the area to an invasion by Turkey against the Kurds, who have helped the U.S. in the war against ISIS.

According to multiple reports Trump talked to Turkish President Erdogan Sunday night, then immediately had the White House issue the statement that he had called for the withdrawal.

Other reports say the Pentagon was “blindsided,” and learned of the decision news reports. Even Fox News is reporting the Pentagon was “blindsided.”

And yet, Monday afternoon, asked by a reporter if he had consulted with anyone, Trump lied.

”I consulted with everybody. I always consult with everybody,” he claimed. That claim is also false. Trump has a record of making decisions based on the last person he talked to and making the announcement himself, surprising everyone. In fact, in February Trump announced he was pulling out of Syria, but had consulted with no one, not even his top military commander in the Middle East.

Trump Monday afternoon went on to claim many people are “extremely thrilled,” including the U.K. Reports from earlier Monday say Trump did not consult with them either.

President Trump, in the video below, also lied once again, claiming when he bacame president the U.S. Military “did not have ammunition.” That’s totally false, also.

SaveComment131Like
Comments (131)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ubro(2a)

IMO it is a problem when the alpha male is a baboon. Oh but Elizabeth Warren lied, so how about calling out Trump. He lies to the world, to his allies, and to his own pentagon, but ELIZABETH WARREN LIED!

I would LOL but as a person who takes world safety seriously I find that this bozo spinning out of control is dangerous for us all.

21 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
Janie

OMG, you’ve fallen for his lies. Margarita?

Seems like you agree with Trump that Kurdish genocide is an acceptable foreign policy

The Kurds have been our ally for many years, and this is how Trump treats them.

Turkey will obliterate the Kurds and ISIL will return to it’s former strength

Trump is the least alpha male in America.

He got played by the Turkish dictator and hasn’t even realized it.

17 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump realized he was played, that why he threatened to decimate Turkey’s economy as a walk back to look tough. He’s so transparent. There is the small problem of his partnership with a magnate named Doran in Trump Towers in Istanbul. When Trump wanted to stop immigration of Muslims from certain countries he threatened take a Trump’s name off the Tower——read below—-

Less than a month after the threat to remove his name was made, Trump very publicly voiced support for Erdogan when the Turkish leader faced a coup attempt. And his closeness with Erdogan has continued, even over the objections of some of Trump’s most reliable supporters. For instance, in May 2017, when Erdogan visited Washington, D.C., for a White House visit, Turkish agents violently attacked protesters outside the Turkish ambassador’s residence—shoving past local police officers to do so. Video showed Erdogan calmly watching the attack from his car. Although the House of Representatives, then under GOP control, voted 397-0 to condemn the attacks, Trump refused to do so. A few months later, Trump praised Erdogan, describing him as “a very good friend” and saying he gets “very high marks” for the way he runs Turkey.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Janie
maifleur01

His everyone is just his little circle of yes sayers rather than the people who actually know what is happening in that and other areas.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Janie
jama7(6)

I love the way Trumpers just "la la la la" while Trump plays with human lives and our security...and that of our allies. NO, most "alpha" male POTUS's do NOT make unilateral decisions, esp those regarding wars and human lives because they have "great and unmatched wisdom"!! They consult their advisors, experts, read, discuss, debate. Repeat. They agonize over these matters. You're going to tell us that "wisdom" Tweet comes from a sane mind?? On what planet is this normal talk? It's obvious from all the pushback from his supporters/protectors that he consulted NO ONE. Lies, nothing but lies.

You casually ask "what's our problem"? THIS RAVING, DELUSIONAL LUNATIC IS GOING TO GET PEOPLE KILLED because he is OUT OF CONTROL!

17 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
Izzy Mn(4)

When will enough be enough. He is dangerous. Do you suppose this is happening because Putin suggested it? He isn't listening to more experienced people in our government. How much more proof is needed he is compromised? Even his yes men are in a panic

8 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
Kathy

He’s mentally deficient with delusions of grandeur. The impeachment might stain his legacy! Delusional.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
Kathy

He has to pay those Deutsche bank loans somehow is my opinion.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
woodnymph2_gw

This despicable action is inexcusable. To betray our faithful allies, the brave Kurds who have been all that is between us and Isis. Now this will show the world that America cannot be trusted. Trump heeds only his own autocratic voice. He will listen to no one else. Even his lackey Lindsay Graham has condemned this action. Has there ever been a more DANGEROUS POTUS in our history?

9 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Yup, and who will he threaten next? Will he threaten economic disaster for Canada if, as this progresses, we decide not to side with him? His comments are concerning and dictatorial.

Yet, some wonder why we, in the rest of the world, dare comment on Trumps actions.

7 Likes Save    
petalique

Removing post. Not verified.

Save    
Cookie8

I feel lazy to organize my words today so this is back from last year (a question I had for a thread last year) I think it still stands:

I don't understand. Turkey has the highest number of Kurds in the Middle East. There is no risk of attack in the highly populated area of Turkey but there is in Syria, which has the least amount? Why aren't they going after the PKK if they are concerned about an alliance (or front) with the Kurds in Syria? I mean the conflict is there too. Why isn't the US concerned about that? (as in protecting the Kurds in Turkey).

This was from when Trump said he was fully pulling out of Syria (which he didn't).

Save    
HU9999

Trump gathers the intelligence and makes a decision. Himself. Like all alpha males do. What's your problem?

Except he didn't gather anything. He spoke to Turkey's dictator and announced his decision. Clearly didn't read the OP, did you? Oh, I know, if Fox didn't say it, it's fake news.

Nice try, but another failed attempt to support a raving lunatic.

4 Likes Save    
HU9999

His everyone is just his little circle of yes sayers rather than the people who actually know what is happening in that and other areas.

Actually, no. When he says "everyone" he means noone. Just like when he says "many people are saying" he means nobody but me is saying. Just like when he says "this big guy came up to me crying and thanking me" he means nobody every did that but it sounds good and fools the base every single time.

He's a sick person with a mental defect.

7 Likes Save    
bob_cville

> Trump gathers the intelligence and makes a decision. Himself. Like all alpha males do. What's your problem?

> Except he didn't gather anything. He spoke to Turkey's dictator and
announced his decision. Clearly didn't read the OP, did you? Oh, I
know, if Fox didn't say it, it's fake news.

> Nice try, but another failed attempt to support a raving lunatic.

Actually it seems that Turkey's dictator told Trump what he was going to do and Trump folded like a cheap suit.

> A National Security Council member told Newsweek
that Trump got "rolled" on Sunday afternoon's call; was
"out-negotiated" by his counterpart; and "only endorsed the troop
withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not
getting something," the source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national
security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come
because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

You know darn well that this policy change is coming from putin. trump helped it happen, but it wasn't his idea...it never is. We've seen him dis US intelligence in favor of what putin said *multiple times* on the *global stage*. What makes you think this is any different?

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

The tRump cult doesn't have to hear his lies in order to defend him. They get ready to defend the lie before it comes out of his mouth. Alpha male? A baboon would be a better choice than Trump.

6 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

Janie

OMG, you’ve fallen for his lies. Margarita?

Seems like you agree with Trump that Kurdish genocide is an acceptable foreign policy

The Kurds have been our ally for many years, and this is how Trump treats them.

''

First of all, you are using genocide term loosely to make an impression. It's not a genocide, it's a war - Kurds have weapons, you know, and they are prolific fighters . So, please.

Israel have been our ally for decades, too, Liberals have no problem throwing it under the bus.

Obama's 'rebels' in Syria were beheading children and eating people's hearts - Liberals were fine with that.

Obama pulled troops from Iraq, he is basically a god father of ISIS, and it's all his mess that many countries are still cleaning up, locally and in Europe. Liberals were fine with that.

Obama destroyed Libya making a peaceful and prosper country a living hell - Liberals were fine with that.

Why Liberals are happy with a slave trade and horrible violence in Libya and were '' so happy about our boys coming home''? That's what every Dem was saying when troops were pulled from Iraq and Libya. What do you think happened after American troops were gone? A bloodbath. That's right. But all of you were OK with that.

But when Trump pulls troops - OMG! The genocide!

The only difference here is TRUMP. The thorn in a Liberal heiny.

I have nothing against Kurds, Turkey couldn't get them for more than a century, will fail again. American troops have to come home. Period. Nothing to discuss here.

Save    
bleusblue2

^^^quibble about a definition. Genocide? No genocide? A little less than genocide?debate Obama all you like elsewhere -- more of that "yes but" business.

Oh those pesky Kurds. They'll hang on those feisty little fellas. Oh and those ISIS fighters and families that they are controlling on our behalf. Well, the Kurds can't do everything, can they? ISIS will be back in action once they are released as the Kurds head North. Just a blip in history.

I only "know" the above because I've read informed comments from a lot of sources, including Trump's beloved Fox news and from his fellow GOPers who are alarmed that HE, TRUMP consulted with nobody, took no information from anywhere, just talked on the phone with his Turkish pal and -- wow -- he made a decision as only his wise and sublime highness may do. And now it's all blankety blank for those who make agreements with the US.

1 Like Save    
arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

This is like going back about seventy years when I'm sitting in the front stalls of a movie theatre watching the cavalry save the goody settlers from those evil Red Indians.

Just Goodies and Badies. No Shades of Grey!

On day 14 or was it 16, when Donald Trump hung up on the Australian Prime Minister because he didn't like a refugee resettlement deal..... The people involved were from the Middle East and Central America... All Badies!!!

You would need the wisdom of Solomon to sort out the goodies from the badies in the Middle East.

Similar with those people subject to the deal, many genuine refugees, some just seeking a better life.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Tell us, how many troops is our POTUS removing from Syria, hmmm?

Save    
jama7(6)

But when Trump pulls troops - OMG! The genocide!

The only difference here is TRUMP. The thorn in a Liberal heiny.

I have nothing against Kurds, Turkey couldn't get them for more than a century, will fail again. American troops have to come home. Period. Nothing to discuss here.

NO, the difference isn't that it's just Trump, it's that he made this rash, emotional decision followed up with raging tweets after a SINGLE phone call with Erdogan. He consulted NO ONE and if ever someone needs someone to advise him, it's this lunatic. He can't string a simple sentence together, doesn't know anything about anything and rages like a maniac on Twitter and you think this is the rational mind that should make such decisions without consultations?? NO DIFFERENCE between moronic, raging, Mr Great Unmatched Wisdom Trump making a unilateral decision and Obama with a staff of highly qualified generals and advisors/allies? I think you know better.

I'm sure the Kurds feel better that you "have nothing against" them. When they're dead, this will console their family...if there's any left. And ISIS....their resurgence is guaranteed. Guess you don't have anything against them either.

5 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

I get why Trumpers don't care about the Kurds. What I DON'T get is why you don't mind that ISIS will be revived since it's the Kurds who have contained them. Any input appreciated.

6 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Tell us how many Kurdish troops died fighting alongside the US, possibly saving US troops lives? Tell us how many Trump et al are allowing to die now? You might not think you need your alias but you do and this is concerning for us.

If, in future years, the Kurdish people, and it's sympathizers in the region, rise up against the USA will you remember what you did to them, or will you deny your part in it.

4 Likes Save    
HU9999

When ISIS reforms and becomes the danger they were again, who will Trump supporters blame? Obama? The next democratic President? It will be Trump's fault and no amount of deflection will change that fact. And, those that supported Trump (both private citizens and congress) will also be to blame.

4 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

margarita: "American troops have to come home. Period. Nothing to discuss here."

Oh really? at what cost, I must ask you? At the cost of another 9-11 attack on American soil? Frankly, I think you need to read your history a bit closer....

Kurds are the main guardians of those violent Isis prisoners who have sworn that when they escape, their goal is to slaughter Americans. Are you ok with that?

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Can anyone answer this?

Save    
catkinZ8a

50 TROOPS---COUNT 'EM 50 TROOPS

On Monday, about 50 U.S. special forces personnel were removed from zone of the Syria-Turkey border, according to a senior administration official. However, the move "is not the beginning of a formal pullout of Syria," the official added.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/07/767904589/shocking-trump-is-criticized-for-pulling-troops-from-syrian-border

Save    
Kathy

Fox has created an alternate world devoid of truth and watered well with Propaganda. Half truths and Trump sycophants have poisoned the Republicans.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

50 troops

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Where did the 50 troops in Syria/Turkey working with the Kurds come from, post source please catkin, maybe everyone else has it wrong.

I found 1,000 troops with Kurds.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/middleeast/six-questions-syria-us-intl/index.html

2nd source, 1,000.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/u-s-troops-begin-pulling-out-of-syria-leaving-kurds-without-support

1 Like Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

This invasion by Turkey has World War III possibilities.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

jerzeegirl, I agree...though I don't want to like your post as it's so frightening.

We are looking at the biggest invasions in Europe and the Mideast under putin, with trump's help, than we've seen since WWII. Only this time the US is going in on the side of the aggressor, not the allies.

5 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Kathy

Fox has created an alternate world devoid of truth and watered well with Propaganda. Half truths and Trump sycophants have poisoned the Republicans.

Not to mention hundreds of crazy RW websites, bloggers, talk shows, the Russians, bots on FB, Twitter....it's everywhere. Trumpers have a steady diet of conspiracies and lies 24/7. We all probably have friends who we don't even recognize anymore.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It's not just the troops, but it's the fact that until now they had US backing and turkey wouldn't make a move unless the US agreed to stand down.

We've seen the same thing happen in Hong Kong...trump told xi that he considered hong kong their problem not the US's and since then we've seen what the chinese have done to them.

3 Likes Save    
An (PNW 6b)

Catkin, did you get your number from Trump’s tweet? You should probably fact check it, he’s not well known for getting the facts right.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

My post seems to have gone poof.....I'll repeat

It isn't the number of troops withdrawn that is important. It is the fact that Trump gave Erdogan the green light to attack the Kurds......shameful is a nice word.

8 Likes Save    
maifleur01

What is happening in this area and eastern Europe reminds me so much of the activities to partition those parts of the world before WWI. Not even the participants have changed much. I am hoping France, England, and Germany are currently sitting on the sidelines but worry for how much longer.

Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

The invasion of Poland was 80 years ago (Sept 1).

I know that Iran is not happy and I read that Russia is not happy about what Turkey is doing so the alliances will be forming. Thing is I don't feel this is isolated like our previous middle eastern encounters - I think there are more players involved and the stakes are greater.

Trump did this to spread dissension up and now he's washing his hands of it.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

My post seems to have gone poof.....I'll repeat

Your comment is in the other thread. :)

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.

N THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE.

Save    
catkinZ8a

It's crazy how the left went from calling Bush the new Hitler, to inviting him on Ellen and sharing candy with Obama for fun.

They probably forget all the stuff they used to fight for--anti war, lowering unemployment, and no economic deals for their family members.

Guess they started to follow Bush after Trump came into the picture.

1 Like Save    
Cookie8

"The Kurds have been our ally for many years, and this is how Trump treats them."

See, I don't believe this. I believe they have been used a few times by the US (look at the history) for the benefit of the US. Other countries are used and disposed of. I don't get why the administration suddenly wants to look out for them. It is all for the agenda of Syria. It is not about the Kurds. I don't believe this at all. Lindsey Graham!!! He is an an untrustworthy chicken hawk.

We have to be honest with ourselves about if it is really for the betterment and care of people of another country. It the past, this has rarely been the case. There is usually an agenda and they manipulate the people (who actually care) to do their invasions. The Iraq war isn't even 20 years in the past!!!!

Save    
jama7(6)

catkinZ8a

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.

You know WHY the US has been so involved in the middle east? OIL. IF we had developed alternative energy sources like we were on track to 30 odd yrs ago, we probably wouldn't be in this damn positon or at least not to a degree that requires constant military presence. And you know who protects fossil fuels right? The GOP.

Interesting that you almost sound like a anti war, peace loving liberal now.

5 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

ama7(6)

... Obama with a staff of highly qualified generals and
advisors/allies? I think you know better.

''

And with all that you listed what do we have? Blood bath in Iraq and Libya, ISIS, and invasion and countless terrorists attacks in Europe. You should not be posting this embarrassment, seriously.

Save    
margaritadina

''

HU9999 When ISIS reforms and becomes the danger they were again, who will Trump supporters blame? Obama?

''

ISIS is a direct product of Obama's actions. It's not even up for discussion.

Save    
Kathy

Invading Iraq was the beginning of the problem. Republicans make money from war.

3 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

That's a gem of revisionist history. You must have forgotten about 9-11.

6 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

woodnymph2_gw

margarita: "American troops have to come home. Period. Nothing to discuss here."

Oh really? at what cost, I must ask you? At the cost of another 9-11
attack on American soil? Frankly, I think you need to read your
history a bit closer....

Kurds are the main guardians of those violent Isis prisoners who have
sworn that when they escape, their goal is to slaughter Americans. Are
you ok with that?

''

Keep electing and pampering some people did something and CAIR, and yes, we will have another 9/11.

When Trump installed a travel ban on some terrorists infected countries, Liberals were screaming on top of their lungs that he is anti Muslim. And NOW you are concerned? May be Liberals should stop advocating for bringing them here and for rights of Guantanamo scum. There wouldn't be 9/11, San-Bernardino, Boston marathon, Pulse, NY attack. Don't you think?

Save    
margaritadina

''

jerzeegirl(9b)

That's a gem of revisionist history. You must have forgotten about 9-11.

''

ISIS gained global prominence in early 2014, only two years after the US troops withdrawal. Obama had a chance to finish it before it became a monster, and didn't.

Save    
Kathy

Bush never made arrangements for the safety of US troops in Iraq. Blame Bush.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

We have a sane President now. Blame away. :)

Save    
margaritadina

''

Kathy

Bush never made arrangements for the safety of US troops in Iraq. Blame Bush.

''

How he supposed to make such arrangements in the middle of the war, of the invasion? It's not like we were invited, you know that, right?

Save    
Kathy

He should have negotiated the exit strategy but Iraq wouldn’t agree to give our troops protection for crimes if they stayed. Obama had to withdraw them as a consequence.

2 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

ISIL (same as ISIS) originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999, which pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and participated in the Iraqi insurgency following the 2003 invasion of Iraq by Western forces at the behest of the United States.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

The RW just wants to blame Obama for their war and their lack of forethought for how to end the invasion they started. Bush senior said the reason he didn’t invade Iraq is because there was no strategy to get out. He told Jr. do not go into Iraq. Bush jr listened to Cheney instead.

4 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Lurker...I think you should stay away from any psychological diagnosing; it's not your thing. It doesn't take a psych degree to see this is one sick man but with that said 60,000 psych professionals signed to that effect in an effort to warn the country in 2017.

6 Likes Save    
margaux

So this is Trump's exit strategy? Erdogan tells Trump he's going to kill the Kurds and Trump says "Let me get out of your way"?

8 Likes Save    
cattyles

They (Putin and Erdogan) had to bump it up because everyone but the die hards and apologists see the writing on the wall.

3 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

And he's gloating over the fact that ISIS will head for Europe, or so he thinks. We might pick up a few. Seems to think they deserve it for something Europe did to him. Always the victim. Always.

4 Likes Save    
Janie

Trump defended his decision to withdraw US troops from northern Syria, allowing for Turkey to launch a military offensive against US-allied Kurdish forces in the region, noting that the Kurds “didn’t help us with Normandy”

1 Like Save    
Kathy

He is insane. He is owned by evil.

5 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Kathy

He is insane. He is owned by evil.

~~~~

Ah Kathy, I'm with you. It's exhausting.

Save    
Kathy

I have no more words for how crazy he is being and how his sycophants are protecting him. the whole a Republican Party is going to go down with him. he will get worse. They are allowing it.

3 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

He's empty. An empty, hollow, cruel, psychotic narcissist who cares for nothing and no one but himself. Look at his eyes...they're dead looking, evil.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

I just wonder how many Trump enablers will go down with Trump. Remember the first to jump ship may get a deal. If you hang on to long you will go down with him.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

We have to be prepared for it to get much worse.

I'm sure putin knows trump is a short-timer now either through reelection or impeachment, so he's going to push to get trump to implement as many policies favorable to putin that he can in the time trump has left.

SOS

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Exactly Annie, my thought too. Trump is on speed dial now.

2 Likes Save    
Janie

I just wonder how many Trump enablers will go down with Trump. Remember the first to jump ship may get a deal.

None of them showed up on Sunday. Not even Jared or Ivanka or Her brothers. Apparently, everyone was “busy”.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Annie, my son and I had that exact conversation last night. The list is being prioritized and we should watch for trump running from one devastating task to the next.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Trump defended his decision to withdraw US troops from northern Syria, allowing for Turkey to launch a military offensive against US-allied Kurdish forces in the region, noting that the Kurds “didn’t help us with Normandy””

You’re on board with that defense?

1 Like Save    
HU9999

Actually it is up for discussion since you're wrong. But that's not the point. I didn't ask about who created them. You didn't answer my question. Want to try again? I'll repeat it for you -

When ISIS reforms and becomes the danger they were again, who will Trump supporters blame? Obama?

Perhaps the bolding will help you this time.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

didn’t help us with Normandy

Does he know where Normandy is?

How in the world does anyone support this nut case?

He's psychotic. And a danger to the world.

2 Likes Save    
Cookie8

"ISIS is a direct product of Obama's actions. It's not even up for discussion."

ISIS was formed before Obama. But, he is guilty, along with other former presidents with invading countries (where ISIS did not exist previously) in hopes of or to overthrow their governments. This instability allows these terrorist groups to flourish and gain significant control in these regions. This isn't just one president's problem. It's an operative problem that US has had for many decades. I would love to hear of US interference that led to positive results because there hasn't been one for a long, long time.

This is in no way to defend Trump. I can't even include him in the equation because he is so self serving but I can't help but question intentions by MSM and the administration claiming to be concerned about the Kurdish people. They are not concerned! The Kurds are not the reason to keep troops in Northern Syria. No way I believe that.

Save    
Janie

Wrong, again. You have Bush to thank for ISIS

ISIL originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999, which pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and participated in the Iraqi insurgency following the 2003 invasion of Iraq by Western forces at the behest of the United States.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

He is a danger to the world, as this path led by T. could take us into a WW III. If Putin has dreams of restoring the former grand autocracy of the Tzars, then Erdogan has dreams of gradually restoring the old Ottoman Empire. Remember that one? WW I broke up that former Empire, but led to the fracturing of boundaries in the Middle Eastern nations that are artificially created. And WW I started because of Alliances.

Are Putin and Erdogan dreaming of carving up the Middle East between themselves, with the Kurds as collateral damage? It's not a fantasy. History does tend to repeat itself.

T. imagines he is an autocrat but he is mere putty in the hands of international puppetmeisters.

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

HU9999

didn’t help us with Normandy

Does he know where Normandy is?

Nope, couldn't go. It was drizzling.

5 Likes Save    
maifleur01

ISIS is just one of a long number of radical Islamic groups that have used different names over the years. This is an offshoot of the Taliban groups that sent Russia/USSR back then running from Afghanistan and other countries that they controlled.

An interesting fact is that while Turkey as such did not exist until after WWII the Ottoman Empire which Turkey was part of fought on the German side. Let that sink in while thinking of Trump's comment about not helping in Normandy. Which side was he for?

Save    
lurker111

Trump is ending a stupid oil pipeline war. The left should be thankful. Expect less terrorism.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

100 kurds have already died in fighting the turks.

Even lady macbeth couldn't wash the bloody stains off her hands. The gop must be so proud of their stable genius with the great and unmatched wisdom. It's on you, trumplicans. Own it proudly.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Expect less terrorism.

How do you feel about any ISIS prisoners being released during the fighting? Is that just an unfortunate by-product of this effort?

Save    
Janie

Expect less terrorism.

In what universe?

There are more than 10,000 ISIS prisoners being held by the Kurds, for the US.

Do you really think they will waltz out of prison and settle down to a quiet life in the suburbs?

5 Likes Save    
barncatz

Malfleur, the Ottoman Empire, fought on Germany's side in WWI. It was dissolved and its lands reconfigured after WWI, as someone noted above, and if I recall, Turkey was recognized as a country then.

I think Turkey came in on the side of the Allies in WWIi, but pretty late. Not sure how much fighting they did.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

As horrible as this is, I'm most concerned that unlike trump's mid-air U-turn on this wacko idea to airstrike Iran -- which someone clearly talked him out of -- it's becoming increasingly clear that there is no one left in the wh to talk him out of these crazy ideas. When kelly and mattis were around, at least they were able to trim his worst ideas. But now apparently no one can.

So who wants to take credit when he decides to actually nuke a hurricane or invade venezuela? Will you still blindly support your stable genius then?

5 Likes Save    
lurker111
Save    
chase_gw

I had thought Pompeo might be a good counter balance. I am really surprised at how he has compromised himself. Let's face it , Trump is flying solo and that is frightening.

4 Likes Save    
Save    
jama7(6)

Pompeo believes in the Rapture. I'm not sure how good a counter balance he ever could have been. Why kill yourself trying to straighten out the world when it's going to end soon? He'll be floating up into the clouds though.............

Nah, not a good balance lol.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"Pompeo believes in the Rapture."

Is that true?

Save    
Iris GW

lurker, it's hard to tell if you care about the ISIS prisoners being released or not ...

1 Like Save    
1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Had no idea......now I am really frightened.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

chase....sorry.

Save    
ubro(2a)

I am very concerned, it is starting to look like we, as a nation, need to fear Trump.

1 Like Save    
Cookie8

""Pompeo believes in the Rapture."

Is that true?"

I don't care much about religion myself but I'd question Pompeo and his "Christianity".

I'd also question all the people who applauded this too.

Save    
Iris GW

It would be nice if their countries would take them back and dispose of them however they see fit.

Not likely to happen, especially if they are just released and run away. Is that still acceptable?

Save    
ubro(2a)

They are running away, but only far enough to gather forces again. It's as if Trump had opened the prison doors and let all the criminals go.

So, when they begin their attack on the western world who do you think we should blame? Will the Trump supporters remember this and be honest about who is at fault, or will they continue the game of blind followers.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Ok, ok, I get it: releasing ISIS prisoners to the wind is NBD. That's a strange way of putting America First.

3 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

ubro(2a)

They
are running away, but only far enough to gather forces again. It's as
if Trump had opened the prison doors and let all the criminals go.

So, when they begin their attack on the western world who do you
think we should blame? Will the Trump supporters remember this and be
honest about who is at fault, or will they continue the game of blind
followers.

''

ISIS prisoners are in the middle of the country that hates them. They are alive only because they are protected by prison's walls and guards. They are all filmed, photographed and fingerprinted. I am sure American intelligence have all the data about them. Have you thought about it?

Besides, there are plenty of local men waiting for them to come out to kill one or two. Or more.

France sent a team to prevent their citizens from coming back to France - they are dead now, other WE countries can adopt this wonderful practice.

Europe has to stop giving benefits and money to the ME migrants and they will stop coming.

Syria started it's own civil war, it has to sort it out. Better late than never.

Save    
ubro(2a)

^^^^^ I have thought about it, our news reports nothing else, and if you think that the Kurds will keep these guys under lock and key without US support then you have not thought hard enough about it.

What do they care for fingerprints when they have melted into the surrounding countryside. Do you honestly think, that in the middle of a war, photographs matter???? These people are adept at working unseen it is not as though they will be wandering down the sidewalk window shopping and then US intelligence can just pick them up.

Did you read the report that said that the Kurds are still on the US side, and keeping these criminals in the prisons, the key word is 'still'.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

""Pompeo believes in the Rapture."

Isn't the whole idea is that only good people get picked for a flight out? Who does he think he's fooling?.......oh yeah, God.

4 Likes Save    
Cookie8

Ro Khanna seems to be the biggest voice of reason. Actual good ideas. Have congress heavily sanction Turkey and threaten their position in NATO.

If the US cared about the Kurds - they could start with this. They want to stay in Syria and this allows them to. Why can't Turkey be heavily threatened? No more aid? No more arms or artillery sales, sanctions, NATO withdrawal?

https://twitter.com/RepRoKhanna?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Save    
margaritadina

''

bro(2a)

... if you
think that the Kurds will keep these guys under lock and key without US
support then you have not thought hard enough about it.

''

I haven't said a word about Kurds keeping or not keeping ISIS prisoners under lock. I know that Turkey bombed prisons and at least a 100 are dead.

''

What do they care for fingerprints when they have melted into the
surrounding countryside. Do you honestly think, that in the middle of a
war, photographs matter????

''

Melted???? I know for a fact that melting into anything for enemy soldiers is impossible. I know for a fact that all ISIS related data matters. Please learn how intelligence operates and what is it for. A lot of folks were caught in Europe because they loved posting their photos on social media. And SM is not even an intelligence data.

ISIS prisoners surrounded by people who want them dead, that's the most important factor right now.

''

These people are adept at working unseen it
is not as though they will be wandering down the sidewalk window
shopping and then US intelligence can just pick them up.

''

Again, learn how intelligence operates and what is war, what's involved. No one operates unseen. And it's not just American intelligence. A lot of countries participate, intelligence is shared.

Watch some documentaries, or movies based on real events, it will help you.

Save    
bleusblue2

Margarat--is it your opinion then that Trump's move to leave was a wise one?

Save    
maifleur01

Appears that someone does not know that documentaries and movies both follow something called scripts and are for entertainment purposes. They can inform the public as to things that have or are happening such as Pol Pot but even those are not 100% factual.

Edited to add that I really do not think Saud Arabia is too worried about ISIS since they were supporting them for a while until they started to want more backing. The guards now do have a worry.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

This map is helpful to visualize the ISIS camps

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Pompeo: (from link given above)

In setting out the Trump administration’s Middle East policy, one of the first things Mike Pompeo made clear to his audience in Cairo is that he had come to the region as “as an evangelical Christian”.

In his speech at the American University in Cairo, Pompeo said that in his state department office: “I keep a Bible open on my desk to remind me of God and his word, and the truth.”

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Having had ancestors from several countries that fought and died for their religious freedom in several centuries the idea of being governed by any religious text has only lead to the deaths, imprisonment, or banishment of millions.

2 Likes Save    

Totally agree with your comment Maifleur. I have some rules for getting through life and two are avoid the extremely religious as well as lawyers. Cannot describe those people who attend Trump rallies. Nothing much like that occurs here in the Slack Socialist Paradise in the south.

3 Likes Save    

Getting back on topic. I feel sorry for a past US President who probably believed that if there was a regime change in Syria, life for people there would improve.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Turkey claims more than 200 "terrorists" killed. Among them Kurdish fighters who assisted US forces fighting ISIS.

Save    
chase_gw

"“I keep a Bible open on my desk to remind me of God and his word, and the truth.”

Too bad it doesn't remind him of the importance of the truth and integrity.............

1 Like Save    
Janie

I wonder if Trump knows who Turkey supported on D-Day?

During the war Turkey sold chromite to Germany for war production, and Germany sold gold (melted down fillings from Jews murdered in concentration camps) to Turkey.

I guess this explains why Trump likes the Turks so much.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

So, when they begin their attack on the western world who do you think we should blame? Will the Trump supporters remember this and be honest about who is at fault, or will they continue the game of blind followers.

I asked before who they would blame once we're attacked again. The only response I got was that Obama created ISIS. Which is not true and not an answer to my question.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

A stable genius , the wisest of all, he knows more than the Generals.......bring the troops home as he promised.......as he deploys 1,500 troops to Saudi Arabia to protect ...??????

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

I just hope the Kurds realize that their ongoing slaughter is trump's doing and not the American people's idea.

4 Likes Save    
Save    
Iris GW

I hope Saudi Arabia is reimbursing us for those troops. Didn't Trump say that allies should pay for our support? I guess the Kurds didn't pay. SAD.

Save    
lurker111

WW3 avoided.

Save    
Iris GW

He doesn't get credit for almost starting something and then trying to stop it.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Save    
Kathy

Whose side is Trump on?

Save    
HU9999

Putin's

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
lurker111

He had no option. Iran will rebuild their pipelines and they won't have to ship their oil all the way around Africa to get to Syria.

Save    
studio10001

Weird, to read that the same folks promoting locking up or walling back South American families ( an est. 18,000 children waiting for a legal process in Mexico, BTW) are now in favour of ISIS catch and release. Can hardly wait to read what you are 'for' tomorrow.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by Janie
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

What ever trump is for, it doesn't really matter.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

He had no option. Iran will rebuild their pipelines and they won't have to ship their oil all the way around Africa to get to Syria.

That was the reason he agreed to stop supporting the Kurds?

Save    
Kathy

ISIS prisoners are breaking out. Thanks Trump.

Save    
lurker111

That was the reason he agreed to stop supporting the Kurds?

No. That's the reason we're there. We used the Kurds to fight for control of "the valve"in Syria. That should ring a bell. Too much history for me to post here.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Iris GW

10 hours ago

Me: you are so right iris. That's what Trump has done in recent past. Create a crisis then lame attempt to "fix" it. He thinks it makes him look good. Is he just trying to become "hero" now, only I can save them. Just like he tells his devoted followers?

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Floors 11 Reasons to Love Wall-to-Wall Carpeting Again
Is it time to kick the hard stuff? Your feet, wallet and downstairs neighbors may be nodding
Full Story
Features Houzz TV: Life, Love and Purpose Down on the Farm
A Missouri native proves that you can go home again — and discover something entirely unexpected
Full Story
Life 11 Things to Expect With Your Remodel
Prepare yourself. Knowing what lies ahead during renovations can save your nerves and smooth the process
Full Story