SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cocotini_hartman

kitchen help, please! cherry and rainforest to ??????

Cocotini Hartman
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are thinking of buying this house as it has most things that we want in it. However, I am having a hard time with the kitchen. My husband absolutely loves it- especially the rainforest marble countertops. Me? Not so much. I appreciate the beauty of the marble as it is quite striking. but I envisioned my kitchen as light, bright and airy. So, since my husband does cook along with me, I want to make him happy, too. The cabinets are cherry, and too modern for me. I am thinking of changing the doors to a shaker style, leaving the drawers plain and painting everything dove white. Changing the glass tops to clear (design?) instead of the funky fluted glass. Ripping out the brown tile and replacing with either a plain subway in a color to blend with the cabinets, or a soft green. Should I also rip out the stove backsplash and just run the subway everywhere? I think the stove backsplash is rainforest sections. I don't think I can pull up the rainforest 4 inch backsplash as it would possibly damage the countertops. Replace hardware with what? Would you leave the island cherry? Or paint everything. Floors are tiger wood. I did see this photo of rainforest with lighter cabinets and it looked very nice.

Comments (28)