SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcat29

Entryfloor Help

mcat29
4 years ago

So we are renovating a home we just closed on and I'm not sure what to do for the entry hall floor. It is currently white tile (pic attached) We are not sure if we want to keep the original wood paneling as is or paint it all white (opinions welcomed)! I would like a floor that is timeless in either or porcelain tile or even marble. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!! Thank you in advance!

Comments (6)

• decoenthusiaste
    4 years ago

Wait and see what functional surprises await you. Move in and make decisions based on how you use the home and what items need attention that are about function, not form. An older home can have lots of issues that will need attention before you turn to aesthetics.

mcat29 thanked decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Start a file for foyers and once you decide to create a master plan for your home, you'll be ready with concepts you want to employ

Should you decide to take the vintage home and make it a bit modern here is an option.

If you want to stay more vintage, then here is an option.

mcat29 thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Katie Wallace
    4 years ago

I think a slate tile could look good with a red rug on top. And I love the original wood paneling!

Or, if you go with wood floors, I'd suggest painting the paneling white.

Traditional Entry · More Info

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I'll get hell, but I'd paint all the wood paneling, and possibly the stairs. obviously remove the red carpet. I like beverly's option. I would keep your large, original wood and refinish that beauty.

as for the floors, you could match the wood from the other part of the home, use that in the entry w/a type of inlay tile.

love the black slate herringbone

mcat29 thanked Beth H. :
  • mcat29
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Katie, I plan on doing slate in the indoor porch when you first walk in. I don't want to continue it inside the house. I love that image to Shared thank you!