SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnatrus

Advice pls re: minor or major changes for master bath/closet remodel

donnatrus
4 years ago

Hellooo! I’m so excited to get feedback on this! We are planning a complete cut of our 1981 master bath with some layout changes. We are doing it ourselves (mostly); husband is in construction. We are comfortable doing just about anything but of course less work would be great (and less $) but we are kinda the ‘go big or go home’ kind of people. If we’re doing it, let’s get it right.

So, it’s a long narrow space. Currently 18x5’. We will be creating a water closet (toilet room) and to give us a bit more room and to give us a bigger closet (walk in), we are considering moving the wall to the office by 2-2.5’. The office is a good size now (11x12’) but would be ok at 8.5x12’. It’s a 4 bedroom house so we have 2 other bedrooms. But is it worth it?

I’m attaching the current layout plus 2 options (plus pics of current bath in comments):
Option 1: no change to office but smaller walk in closet (4.5x7’).
Option 2: take 2.5’ from office to create bigger bathroom and bigger closet (7x7’).

Either way, I think we need to put in a smaller bedroom window (currently 8’ wide; change to 6’). We need a new window anyway and this would allow us the space to move the bed to that wall which I think is better. And in both, we would have a 4.5x5’ shower, a 7’ vanity, and a 1.5’ wide tall cabinet to the ceiling.

Would love thoughts/advice re: anything in the layouts!! Bathroom, closet, bedroom, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated! And most importantly, is it worth losing the space in the office for a bigger walk-in closet and more space in bathroom? Re-sale?

Many thanks in advance!!

Comments (7)