SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_825590692

Help with bedroom layout - furniture ideas?

Marit Erne
4 years ago

Hello all,

Just moved into a new apartment and am feeling a bit at a loss as to how to arrange the furniture in my new bedroom. Because I’m so unsure about what the layout should be, I’m not sure what furniture I should buy!

I’m going for a Scandinavian style. The space has a queen sized bed and the shelves on the wall are attached but can be removed (they were here when we moved in). I would love to have bedside tables, a rug part way under the bed maybe (?) and a large wardrobe with space for both my husband and I to store our clothes (hanging and drawer space inside), probably something from the Pax line at IKEA. Additionally, I would love some sort of low profile bench or something to put at the end of the bed, but I’m not sure if there’s enough room?

The end of the bed lines up exactly with the beginning of the door frame into the hallway (not pictured). The space between the end of the bed and the wall is about 1.5m. The space between the left side of the bed and the wall is 1m and between the right side of the bed and the wall with the dresser and sliding door is 1.5m.

Also to note, we have plenty of artwork options for the wall, I’m just waiting to hang them until we have the furniture in so I can make sure they’re placed properly.

Any ideas for the room?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations