Trump should want to be impeached

patriciae_gw(07)

I have been mulling this over and I think that since Trumps biggest desire in life is to be famous then he ought to want to be impeached.

So here is my thinking on this. I have just finished reading a bunch of stuff about the Harding administration typically considered to be the most corrupt administration ever. Now first of all I had totally forgotten the man died in office-he did and it was claimed at the time by some people that he was murdered by his wife but no one remembers that either. He had two people in his administration "kill themselves" and no one remembers that either. The AG went to prison. No one remembers that. So dying, being corrupt and possibly murdered by your wife and so on wont make you famous but being impeached does. Why else does anyone remember Andrew Johnson? Do they remember he filled in for a dead Lincoln(most people erroneously think that was Millard Fillmore)? No he is the example of the first president to be impeached. Now since no president has ever been impeached and found guilty Trump would be the first and everyone would have to learn about it. Would we remember a thing about Nixon if he hadn't taken the short cut out the door? First president to resign. This is a first that Trump could OWN! think about it.

SaveComment24Like3
Comments (24)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

In this respect trump is a bit smarter than his supporters. They think being impeached would give him a boost, but he realizes it would just give him the boot. Trump wants to avoid being known as the #1 Loser Prez.

Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Since Trump knows zero about history I don't think this has occurred to him. I do think someone needs to mention to him that impeachment is his ticket to infamy - oops, I meant fame.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I don't need to think about something that is just cuckoo.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I think if he's smart he will make sure he is impeached and get Pence to pardon him...because after he is no longer the Prez I think the SDNY has his NYC address !

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Now this is an entertaining thread.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Tell him if he gets impeached he can write a book about it and sell more than Obama bigly. He can beat Obama that way. He will also sell more books than Biden too!! You just have to stroke his ego a bit to get what you want, like Putin does.

4 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Some excellent thoughts here. I hadn't thought of the pardon aspect and as a nation we do tend to move on. And the profit aspect. A book by an impeached and expelled president ought to make some serious money. I would read that, depending on who wrote it for him of course. I wonder if Nixon made any money on speaking fees after he resigned. Normally these days there is serious money in that but the selling point would not in the end be money, it would be the fame. To not be forgotten.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I tend to agree with the OP because the profit aspect is never far from his little mind. What a book he could write! The easy path to fame and adulation -- just admit his battle fatigue and get pardoned by Pence. He knows he is in way over his head being a real POTUS. Between the ghost writer working on his book, he can watch all the TV he wants, interspersed with non stop tweets.

Save    
desertsteph

"He knows he is in way over his head being a real POTUS"

he isn't in over his head. he sure is showing up past dem presidents tho - and he isn't letting them push him around. bravo for him.

Save    
maifleur01

Funny because he is showing up all past Presidents no matter what party they were from. Sad commentary when you only think of party and not your country's good.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

There has been no official vote on an impeachment inquiry.

President Trump is not being impeached.

It's all political speak and the American people know it.

We can't wait until it all boomerangs on the Dirty Dems.

1 Like Save    
whynottryit

As an aside, I remember when JFK was killed there being a lot of correlations drawn to Lincoln's assassination. One that stuck in my 11 yr old brain was that they both had VPs named Johnson.

Save    
petalique

This is a first that Trump could OWN! think about it.”

And think of the merchandising possibilities!

Save    
lurker111

I'm so glad that I get to witness the demise of the DNC.

Save    
HU9999

I disagree with the premise in the OP. He does not want to be impeached. He's just smart enough to know that it's a bad thing.

========

He knows he is in way over his head being a real POTUS.

No, he doesn't. I'm still surprised that people give him as much credit as they do. He doesn't know this. He's too stupid to know this. I think that he sometimes realizes he's in legal jeopardy. But then the narcisstic traits take over again and he pushes it away. He's mentally deficient. So much so that he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

=======

I think if he's smart he will make sure he is impeached and get Pence to pardon him...because after he is no longer the Prez I think the SDNY has his NYC address

Pence cannot pardon him for crimes committed in NY. And thankfully, Cohen is spilling the beans on more Trump org shenanigans.

1 Like Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

Catkin try to keep up. The House votes on the articles of impeachment once they are drafted. And then the Senate gets a crack at it. There is no vote required to open an inquiry.

STOP MAKING UP STUFF.

Yes, shouting.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

The SDNY is a federal court not a State court. It is the SDNY that named Trump as co conspirator #1 in their indictment against Cohen for federal election violations.

Those are the charges I was referring to Pence pardoning.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

vgkg

Trump wants to avoid being known as the #1 Loser Prez

Too late for that! That status was confirmed January 20, 2017.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

I N. A. N U T SHE L L

IF Nervous Nancy brings it to a floor vote, Dems that were elected in the mid-terms in states that Trump won are in jeopardy--they'd be on record voting for impeachment of our POTUS.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Yeah, and when it gets to the Senate, Repubs will be on record voting against impeachment of the most corrupt president in history.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

I think Melania needs to encourage him. I think Mel might be the WB! She did NOT want him to run, cried when he won and HATES every single minute of this presidency. I can't imagine how she feels thinking she might have to go thru it AGAIN. Desperate times, desperate measures. C'mon Mel....you could be America's Bestest Heroine!

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Wouldn't that be a hoot. But I'm sure she signed a nda and will lose out on a lot of money. Their relationship is more momentary I would assume, that's just how Trump is. She probably got deductions for slapping away his hand in public.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

No, they’d be voting for an impeachment inquiry.

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

She probably got deductions for slapping away his hand in public.

She slapped more than once... lol. Yep, she'd lose everything and Mel LOVES her creature comforts. Apparently Marla Maples felt hurt that he wanted her to sign one and she held out until the 11th hour. He refused to go through with the ceremony so she caved and signed.

Save