SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sseibert

Need design help Master bedroom 1901 house

sseibert
4 years ago

We are in midst of renovations.

Have an odd wall that cannot be changed. We will do built in drawers/storage there.

We also removed the skinny "walk in" closet to build floor to ceiling (12 ft) Wardrobes. We have a alot of hanging clothes, trying to purge! Also considering those pulldown rods, photo below. And maybe a rolling library ladder to access the high cabinets. Note there are 12 ft ceilings where the closet used to be but they are 10 foot for the rest of the bedroom. That is part of the reason I positioned the bed & wardrobes where they are.

Below are before and afters of the floor plan. Before entry to bedroom was via laundry/bathroom or dining room. We have added an entry from the hallway and closed off laundry to bathroom and removed dining room access. When you walk in the wardrobe will be on right all along the wall. There will also be to the left of the door an inset storage closet, likely for shoes.

I had considered doing built ins around the bed with wall sconces to eliminate need for any furniture except for bed and maybe a chair. But I'm now thinking that is too much built in and beginning to feel dorm like? Also don't want my bed to look like a murphy bed.

My builder says he can built anything I show him. I like french inspired wardrobes but want it to look "older" not like ikea. I'm adding our floor plan and some inspiration photos. Would love to hear feedback and advise.

Before:

New Plans

Inspiration photos:

Thanks

Comments (3)