SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forever_now

Would you consider this acceptable for a quartz countertop?

Forever Now
4 years ago

Our island countertop was just installed yesterday. Its LG Viatera Rococo. I was really happy with it when they were putting it in. It looked just like I expected and was beautiful. After they left though I noticed it wasn't really square, one of the front corners seemed to be a little more forward, so I measured thinking they must not have gotten it on straight, but the back over hang was fine, it is just a quarter inch wider on one side. This doesn't actually bother me over much (though my DH was really annoyed by it when I told him, he is traveling and hasn't seen it yet) but I am curious if it would be considered in the realm of acceptable?

The things that ARE bothering me is that right before I was about to leave the house to run my kids around for the evening the light hit it just right and I realized there are large straight marks that go across the whole front of the slab. They look like tape marks but there is no residue, so I thought maybe from straps? They would not clean off. I took a picture because the installers told me their shop would be calling later. They didn't call last night though and when I walked back in that evening the first thing I noticed was that there are 5 dark spots all clustered around the center of the slab behind the sink. I hadn't noticed them in the bright sunlight when it was first installed but in the dimmer ceiling light they really draw the eye. Are these to be expected in quartz? To me they almost have a burnt look. I might be able to overlook them more easily if they weren't all bunched together, the rest of the slab looks perfect. I'm going to call them this morning when they open but curious what others think of these things? The dark spots are what bother me most, I can't NOT notice them. I could probably even live with the "strap" lines as you only see those if the light is just so, but these spots are hard to overlook. I'm a little afraid they're going to tell me these are an acceptable variation in quartz, but are they?

The "strap" marks:

The dark spots:

Hopefully they'll be helpful when I call, though I don't know what I'm expecting, maybe the lines can be cleaned or polished off but these spots seem like part of the slab. TIA!

Comments (19)