SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
betsyslu

Kitchen Curtain Suggestions

Betsy
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all,

I remodeled my kitchen recently and need advice on what kind of curtains I should get for the window above the sink. I want something simple to maintain the aesthetic, but with some color to warm the space. We're leaning towards roman shades in a complimentary fabric, although we are open to other suggestions. We're not sure if 2 panels splitting the space would be best, or if there should be 3, one for each pane of window. Only the left and right ones actually open. Windows open via a crank. Before you say we should've just replaced the original windows so they're more energy efficient and standard, we decided to keep the original character of the window with the angled framing, a feature that maintains the mid-century modern vibe, which couldn't happen with modern manufacture. This angled feature also may make installation challenging.

Here's the window:

Lower cabinets are dark gray, uppers are white, and it's a cool gray backsplash. Granite counters are white with gray veins and wine/magenta spots. I want to say its River White Granite, but that's not what it was called when we bought it. I can't seem to upload an actual picture.

I have not yet figured out which color is different yet complementary in this space. Being that the backsplash has some movement, should I go with something solid or can it take a simple pattern? I'd like to bring something in other than gray, since there's already so much of that. Here's a material I've found that I like. This would be perfect if it had some magenta in it:

Comments (22)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022