SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate2carey

What 0 Maintenance 4 Craftsman Curb Appeal? Elderly owner, w/Photos!

kate2carey
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Argh! Need income from this remodeled 1st floor, yet owner/informal partner cannot (will not) maintain yard. Yes, I remodeled & furnished the inside, painted, cleared out weeds and laid out black cover.

Stubborn, now he insists on putting a low storage shed for his new electric bike below the left side of the porch, just by 2nd level of stairs. Hard-scape seems the way to go, yet I need help figuring out the best and least expensive materials & design. The only nice feature is set of Japanese Maples on upper yard level. So... Pebbles & stepping stones? Trellis on either side? Concrete? What is most economical & easy? (See other "before"

views...)

So...I’m not on site right now, but will fly back from NY to Pacific NW to get it done as soon as I get the plan. (I had to move from the area prior to completion, but do know the owner will cooperate IF I have a simple plan.) The current tenant sent photos of how overgrown it has become and now, of course, I will struggle to get new tenant(s). (Yes, I get part of the rental income and I need it more than he does, of course!) Help me please.

(Below is all white-washed now, as first photo shows. Left side of steps is flat area w/temporary stepping stones to new concrete & permeable paver driveway. BTW, love the permeables!)

Permeable Pavers

Comments (14)