SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Do you carry a Baggallini? Help me choose color - POLL

Oakley
4 years ago

Why is it so hard to find a decent everyday handbag anymore? Organization is key to me especially for my readers and sunglasses that are not in cases, and ink pens that I can quickly grab.

I've decided on Baggallini's The Everywhere- bagg. Seems perfect. If you have a Baggallini do you like it?

I'm torn between colors, Juniper and Apple. With winter coming I kind of like Apple. Hush Mtn! :)

Apple is only sold at Amazon Do I want to buy from Amazon? Some reviews are pretty bad but most are good.

Juniper is only sold at the Baggallini website

Please vote and also tell me the negative and positives of why you like Baggallini's.

Apple
Juniper

Comments (43)

• sushipup1
    4 years ago

(I hate polls.)

Did you look at Kipling bags?

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Baggalini's are my favorite bags. I have many of them, but tend to carry small ones for the most part. I love the Pewter Floral on the Amazon site.

• Related Discussions

Please help me choose a wall color for my home office!

Q

Comments (15)
    kristinamaria and teacats, you are on the same wavelength. I think I will do that... find the fabric first. And teacats, I absolutely LOVE THAT FABRIC. Seriously, I LOVE it!! I am going to go back to that site in a minute and see about a sample. Thanks for linking that. I luv my GW friends. :o) You all are so helpful. Each person has something to share that I had not thought of/had not realized. Thanks for sharing all of your advice. I'm going to find the fabric and see if I can get my green in the fabric, and then I think I'll go with whatever blue the "experts" have put in the fabric. I'm just not the best with paint colors. Thanks! ;o) mrsrose, I am headed out the door in a few minutes, but will post a few kitchen shots on here later today for you to see. Thanks for the compliments from you and lindybarts too. ;o)
    ...See More

Poll: Help me choose finish for cabinet hardware

Q

Comments (4)
    Thanks! I was leaning towards the bronze myself, but the decorator we are working with wanted polished nickel. She tends to like grays and silver tones way more than I do.
    ...See More

Cabinets -- how do you choose style, brand, color, custom?

Q

Comments (5)
    your budget isn't huge (i know that dosen't sound right...given you can buy a car for that amount of money...but cabs are dear) so first off i think you need to think about priorities for the spaces and your design hopes. if blue granite is your dream...you're going to need to go with a simple and pretty basic cabinet to keep your costs down. inset doors for instance...they're about an average 20% upcharge...paint, ditto that. but if you want formica, or a less expensivee granite say prefab from china, you can do more with your cabs. keeping your door styles simple saves a lot on the budget. my son's bathroom cabs were rediculously expensive...but thats because i fell in love with a very expensive finish and door style...thank god he dsen't have many cabs! personally i went with the best built cabs i could afford. i like the look of those simple consoe sinks, but is there enough storage in a kids bth with those? an idea to keep some costs down are to use unusual items for your vanety...like an antique dresser or other cabinet. its an easy retrofit to a pretty oak piece to make it work well...add either a well finished top, or a simple marble top...and you have a lovely piece.
    ...See More

Help me pack carry on?

Q

Comments (50)
    hhireno no, worse, it was my phone so I could take pictures! :D frankandgina I really enjoyed the garden! Hard to believe it is only a few years old. They've done a great job with the infrastructure and theme gardens. msmeow looks very interesting, I don't know a lot about southern history to be honest with you. Mtn - thanks! It's been beautiful here. cmn - we were up in st petes yesterday and it was windy! I enjoyed watching the kite surfers sailing along above the water
    ...See More
  • bac717
    4 years ago

I have that exact same bag. My DIL gave it to me for my birthday. She thought it would be great for all the traveling we do and it is!!! When traveling, I especially like the feature on the back of the bag where you can open the zipper at the bottom and slip the bag over the handle of a wheeled suitcase. For travel, I also like the compartments on the front for quick grab items. Of your two color choices, I like the Juniper.

• rosesstink
    4 years ago

I like the Baggallini that I have very much. It's not the "everywhere" model though. I don't know what model mine is. The best part of it to me are the two exterior pockets on the ends. One day, as we were getting ready for an outing, DH watched me tuck a 10 oz bottle of water in one pocket and my collapsible umbrella in the other: "Now that's a useful bag!"

I'm with mtn on red so I'd choose the juniper.

• DLM2000-GW
    4 years ago

I have 2 different Baggallini bags - no idea what models. Green is my favorite color so I'd choose the Juniper - also it's my granddaughter's name so there is that ;-)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Sushi, this is my first poll and I was curious of the results. However, there's nowhere to even see the results. If you all didn't vote. would you do so just to entertain me?

I checked the colors again and there is juniper on Amazon. As much as I love the apple because it's not a bright red, I'll get juniper

Dedicated to DLM's granddaughter. :)

• DLM2000-GW
    4 years ago

Oakley I sing that to her all the time! And I did vote before I even posted but it never changed from saying 'submitting your vote' and oddly it was saying that about both colors even though I only clicked one. This place is a mess - part of the reason it's hard to hang around here anymore.

• czarinalex
    4 years ago

I have a smaller Baggallini cross body bag that I use often. It's a great bag when I don't need to bring a ton of stuff and want to have use of both hands. I got it at TJMaxx.

Of your two choices, I like the Juniper.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I wondered if you did, Dlm. Donovan was great!

Juniper is ordered. But now I'm obsessed in finding a purse charm to give it some color except they're all HUGE. I was thinking at Christmas I'd give one to my little granddaughter for her book bag, and I'd have a matching one.

Other than Etsy and Amazon, do you know of any places that has wide selections of purse charms, or am I the only one who likes them? :)

Pom poms would be perfect but they are just too big and long

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    4 years ago

I'd choose Apple for myself - or charcoal.

Weirdly, I had to switch to the houzz url to be able to vote.

• Missi (4b IA)
    4 years ago

I have the everyday bag. Have had it 7 years roughly. I've not heard of a purse charm before.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago
  • daisiesandbutterflies
    4 years ago

I have the Everywhere bag in 3 colors. I only buy from Bagalinni website. Beware of knockoffs.

• arkansas girl
    4 years ago

I have a very similar Rosetti bag. I bought it for the pockets, I think I like your bag choice a little better as it has a few MORE pockets. But, I love my bag and use it daily! I can't say which color because I'm more of a black bag person myself. Red and green are not very high up on my list of favorite colors...HA! I personally feel that you need to choose the color you like because it's too personal of a choice.

• DLM2000-GW
    4 years ago

Purse charms sometimes come with a new purse - first thing I take off ;-)

• graywings123
    4 years ago

I voted to help you test, Oak. I bought a different style Baggallini at TJMaxx on a whim. Nice bag, well-made but I hate having all those pockets. I forgot that I feel that way about purse pockets. I like that the Baggallinis are so lightweight.

• westsider40
    4 years ago

i wear my black Baggalinini every single day. No more heavy leather purses for this old bag. No one to impress. Love Baggalini.

• Missi (4b IA)
    4 years ago

Ahhhh I see, thank Oakley! I don't know that I'd want one, myself. I'd end up buying several to switch out and then have more stuff to keep track of. I know they're small, but...

• bpath
    4 years ago

Well, since it’s Baggalini, we must know: what color is the lining?

• Momofthree Ma
    4 years ago

Love my baggalini’s, I would definitely go with the juniper. I have a black and grey one and it is my most durable every day bag!

• HoJo1
    4 years ago

It sounds like you are set on baggalini, but have you looked at Ameribag? I have used them for almost 20 years now in different colors and fabrics. The Small and Extra Small are just the right size for me and hold a lot. The fabric is lightweight and they are ergonomically designed. Washable too. I like the organization on the inside.

https://www.ameribag.com/

• OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

DD has a Baggalini with RFID she bought for her trip to Europe this summer. I borrowed it for our trip recently to Ireland and Scotland and really enjoyed using it for the features. She bought it on Ebags and they frequently have sales. If you haven’t shopped there I’d definitely try their site for a discount.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Dowager, that's why I was hesitant to order from Amazon but they do have great return policies if I suspect it's a fake. I never buy cologne & similar items from Amazon.

Same here DLM. Someone made a charm for me and I used it forever and now I'm in the mood for a pretty pom pom. lol

Bpath, the liner is light gray. One of my biggest pet peeves with purses is how most liners are so dark I can't see squat inside.

Westsider, I like the everyday bagg because I've been wanting to downsize my handbags. If I must take my iPad or book somewhere, I'll use my little Vera Bradley tote.

Gray, I need those pockets because I'm notorious at losing things inside my purse. lol. The interior has the one zipper and the credit card slots. The outside pockets will come in handy for my readers and sunglasses and little things that won't get lost inside. I probably use only 90% of things in my purse anyway.

Hojo, it seems Ameribags are mostly backpack style bags and I don't plan on carrying my bag on my shoulder unless I need to be hands free.

Outside, I totally forgot about looking for them on Ebags, but I've been on their site a dozen or more times this week trying to find the right organizational purse with no luck. Oh, I did buy a nice purse organizer but it just made things worse.

I was "shopping" around my old purses before I decided to buy a new one and found a Dooney & Bourke I bought about ten years ago. I cannot believe I used to carry that thing! It's super heavy with nothing inside. In fact, my late doctor loved to weigh his patients purses and when he weighed mine I was the winner of the heaviest purse EVER. lol

How I wish I'd never bought it and I have no idea how to get rid of it either. Wasted money. I do love their new styles though.

• maire_cate
    4 years ago

Oakley - you could try selling your old Dooney on eBay. You may not get much but at least it's out of your closet. Use the proceeds to buy a fabulous charm or two for your new bag.

Maire

• mileaday None
    4 years ago

I’m with the 1st comment! Take a look at Kipling bags. My go to Kipling is about 10 years old & has been to about 40 countries plus being used as my everyday bag. Unfortunately, mine has been discontinued or I would buy another in the same style. My husband uses one that was listed as a diaper bag. He removed the changing pad and uses it as a brief case / travel bag. Kipling has lots of styles & lots of colors - plus they have little monkey bag charms!

• chessey35
    4 years ago

I have a couple of Baggalini bags but my favorite is a Kipling which I use all the time. No help on color as I only buy black bags. Mileaday - check out e-bay for your Kipling bag - I bought the last one off ebay and it came with tags and in perfect condition and considerably cheaper.

• Bonnie
    4 years ago

Last week I bought a Travelon crossbody bag with RFID for a trip to Europe. I looked at Baggalini too, but liked the features on the Travelon. This is my first nylon handbag. The Juniper is a nice neutral. I am cheap and like TJMaxx for bags. They had a nice selection of Baggalini, Travelon and Kipling.

• makmartell
    4 years ago

I love my Baggallinis... I have a blue (Pacific, I think), and a nice dark grey. Got them at TJMaxx, actually.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    4 years ago

Yes - I often see them at TJMaxx too.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    4 years ago

i wanted to click to view it, but instead I accidentally voted "apple." So sorry! You know I vote Juniper.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I know I've talked about Naps Between the Porch a lot, but today's email had me interested since it's sorta on topic.

See-thru bags are popular right now but I thought they were mostly used for scanning purposes while traveling. Little did I know!

I love the bags she bought and also the purpose for buying them, but come on! $235 for each of them, so they can be used for different seasons?

Jealous I am, because inside one of her De Vesi bags is a $1500 (used!) Tiffany bag. Waaah! Want but can't. :(

Dear Santa....

Protecting a travel bag

• always1stepbehind
    4 years ago

I've heard of/seen Kipling bags. So it the draw or point of these bags that weight, number of pockets? I too used get Dooney & Bourke purses but the last one was so heavy, I didn't use it. I've been on the look out for a light leather bag. Maybe I'll check out a Kipling bag next time Im at the mall. ETA: large or heavy bags never used to bother me, but I guess as I'm getting older I'm starting to feel the effect. My current purse isn't that heavy but I do tend to over load it and it gets very uncomfortable to wear.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Always, it's definitely the organization which is the draw to the bags & purses. Especially for traveling. The leather tote I'm using now isn't all that big and has quite a few pockets inside with one zipper pocket. The problem is things fall out of those pockets and when I dig for items in my purse, it's too deep and dark to find what I need immediately.

Plus, I don't need a purse that's deep anymore. It's a wasted space and makes it harder to organize. I've even bought a purse organizer and don't even get me started on that! Major fail.

The Baggallini and other bags have a lot of zipper compartments which is what I like the most, plus the interior linings are light so you can see what you need. That's a good thing. :)

• always1stepbehind
    4 years ago

ahhh...Makes sense. My purse is a disaster. My sister keeps everything in little pouches inside her purses. That would make it easy too for switching from bag to bag. At least everything is already contained.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Need suggestions. The bag arrived today & I was too exhausted to open the box when it came so I waited until about an hour ago. When I opened it, my heart dropped. It was navy! Or was it? It looked like dark navy until I took it to a brighter room & then saw it was green. I do like it but feet the color is misleading because the picture was obviously taken under a bright light. It's fine though. Navy would have been a good color too.

Oh! The interior lining is a gorgeous beige, and not gray as advertised. I was so happy because the two colors really compliment each other. The feel of the bag is scrumptious, not the rough feel of other types of nylon. The zippers work with perfect ease as customers said.

Nice looking bag, classic in design and IMO, will never go out of style.

I have one major problem. I knew the interior was limited with pockets and planned to store the less used items in the outside pockets. But I don't know where to put my readers and sunglasses, both are used frequently. I need to be able to grab them with one hand so cases are out. Is there an outside pocket where you put your glasses?

Also, the large back pocket which zips from the bottom. Is that where the bag hangs on a luggage thingy? When zipped, my iPad fits perfectly. Happy. :)

Do you use the zippered side pocket? If so, other than water, what could go in there? I thought the secret zippered pocket was cute. :)

• tinam61
    4 years ago

Always, that's what I do. I have two zip up bags - I suppose they are cosmetic bags, but in different sizes. I keep small items in those bags. Then I really just have to move those, my wallet and phone, when I swap bags. I don't like pockets on the outside of a bag. I love leather bags and don't find all of them heavy. I also love straw bags and will use them in summer. I don't do charms, but the pom-pom thing looks good on a straw bag. My sunglasses are most often in my car, unless I am at an outside function and then I probably wouldn't have a purse with me anyway. I rarely carry my ipad (unless traveling) and a purse that would hold it would be too large for me. Years ago we had an old family doctor. For some reason I took my mom to see him. She had trouble with her shoulder and after examining her, he walked over to where her purse sat. He picked it up, weighing it and proceeded to tell her that was the problem with her shoulder. LOL

• Bluebell66
    4 years ago

Vinyl bags for $235 to carry another bag? It seems a bit much to me - both the need and the price tag for the particular purpose. I do have a Baggalini backpack purse. Not the most fashionable thing I own, and it doesn’t have any organization on the inside save a zipper pocket and utterly useless credit card slots, but it’s lightweight and wears like iron. Enjoy your new purse!

• always1stepbehind
    4 years ago

I went looking around TJ Maxx this evening and saw Baggalini bags. I can see the appeal for a light weight bag. They had a few different styles. They had a smallish hobo style bag that I liked. Prices were like $29.99, $24.99...not bad.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Tina, I had the same experience as your mom! I won my doctor's purse contest when I was using my D&B.

Small zip up bags are good but they add bulk and space. I actually like not having all that much in the body of the purse, it keeps it slim. The size of an iPad doesn't take up much space if it has it's own slot.

Last night I took the bag out for the first time and the only thing that bothered the heck out of me was the pen situation. I had two pens in the slots & they fell out & I had to dig looking for them. Exactly what I didn't want to deal with. Then I discovered an empty outside zipper pouch perfect for pens, checkbook, paper etc.

I was pleasantly surprised at something I discovered. The straps on shoulder bags always fall off my shoulders so I made the strap as low it could go which still fit on my shoulder but had no plans using it that way. For some reason I put the straps over my shoulders and the purse was at the perfect height where I could rest my elbow while holding the straps & they didn't even try to fall down.

When the purse came in I showed my husband and told him the story of the Baggallini. He doesn't even notice purses but he said, "That's a really good looking purse." :)

Five stars from me. I may have to get another one!

• chickadee2_gw
    4 years ago

Next time you’re shopping online for a bag you haven’t seen in person, check and see if there’s a review for it on you tube. I’ve found the videos very helpful because I have a hard time determining whether a bag will be too big or small for me. It’s nice to see it next to a real person and not a drawing. It’s good for colors too. I’m glad you’re happy with your new handbag. That red one looks pretty cute too. Pretty soon you’ll be showing your collection on you tube too. ;-)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/REAL-SIC-Alpaca-Llama-Keychain/dp/B07PPRLJ37

Just in case you really need a cute pompom charm! This Llama is adorable. Not real fur!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Chickadee, I make sure to check reviews and I did go to youtube! lol.

Raven, I love the Llama, but I wonder if it's too long? It seems most charms are six inches long. So far I like that one the best.