SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bturner12

overly involved neighbor with border issues

bturner12
4 years ago

We bought a second home last October that needed a ton of work, it had only one owner who loved the house but she didn’t manage for last 10 years or more of her life. The house is located in large beautiful lake which was the draw for us. So we worked with a landscape designer for a huge product that went through all the state permits. This was all super important as the property had erosion issues that had been neglected. During the process we surprised at how much space we had after the surveyor came. We noticed the neighbor had been using several feet of our property. Then every time we went there on the weekend we noticed the surveyor stuck would be missing. So we asked around to get their number and asked if they could ask the landscaper or whoever took care of their lawn to leave the stick in there. But it went missing so basically added a pole. Then they moved in for the summer and had the guts to even ask if they could take it out we said no as the contractors needed for the job that would start at the end of the summer. Now that the 3 month project is underway we have been playing middle man as he keeps questioning everything my contractor does saying it is not to plan. Recently our contractor refused to continue work until we talked to them. Which I did and assured them the project was still early and we plan on adding thousands of dollars of planting in the spring and that boulders on the shore wouldn’t be as severe as it looks now. To mention this is all on my property, my house and he is talking to my contractor more than I do. And my real concern is how is going to handle what I do in the border of our property. They are so out of control that I plan on letting them know but want your opinion what I should plant or put here to define our property? The left green side is his bit he has been mowing our law for years and we will have that area with grass as well so I need to do something but I don’t want to get him crazy as we have to live next to them

Comments (32)