SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chetthomas

Furniture Layout in a Living Room with a Corner Fireplace

chetthomas
4 years ago

I want to get ideas for a great layout for this livingroom. The door on the bottom left is my Front Door. The Stairs are exposed to the living room. The pink room is a spare bedroom. The Dining room is in the center of the house. On the other side of the Dining room is the Kitchen.

The Living room sits on the North West corner of the house.

Living room Details:

-I will use the fireplace regularly, and throughout the entire winter, bringing in logs from the front door.

-The room is a medium Green

-No TV in this room, ever

-I have an Old Crosley stand up radio (roughly 2.5' by 1.5' footprint) that will go somewhere in the room

-I would like to incorporate an area rug

-All the windows go about 18" from the ground all the way up to 20" from the ceiling

Style

-Cozy Farmhouse (without the knick-knacks) Its a real farmhouse, I would like to pick out furniture that matches that style

-I'm not sure what brands of furniture to get, I have not narrowed it down yet

-I have 2 Art Nouveau light fixtures in the Dining room (simple five light fixtures) I like Art Nouveau, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it with farmhouse.

-I will be hanging Gold picture frames in the stairway area and more throughout the living room

-Hardwood White Oak floors (I would like to see the floor as much as possible, minus the rug area)

-I like wingback chairs

-My wife does not want Buffalo Plaid or any checkered type patterns

All ideas and layout designs are appreciated.

Thank you

Comments (5)