SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

H and R Block Estate Sale

User
4 years ago

Whether you use the tax service or not, I'm sure you've heard of the company. And their local. Born and raised in KC, the brothers -- Henry and Richard continued to live there and Henry was very philanthropic to the town that often snubbed him because he was Jewish. There is a new wing to the art gallery named for him (because it was mostly his money) and he donated his collection of Impressionists to the gallery as well (think Mattise, etc.).

He passed away this year and this week they held an Estate sale at his home. I went. I thought consi60sdering his great wealth that it was a modest home. Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't a 3 bedroom rancher -- it WAS in the most prestigious area to live in KC and it was big but it did not scream -- I have money -- the rooms were large but not massive.

The first day of the estate sale I am sure was massive with lines and people everywhere. I chose to wait until the second day and even then was not there for the doors to open. I got there about 1 1/2 hours after the start of the second day. EVERYTHING was half price (here usually only the $100 or less are half and the other things are negotiable). Well, 90% of what was pictured in the ad was GONE! Did I buy -- yes! I bought a Waterford centerpiece bowl, a damask tablecloth (monogrammed -- I love monogrammed things) with 12 napkins and 5 linen bathroom guest towels (which I also love and which also were monogrammed) -- and I had change from my $50.

I found the house for sale on the internet and it was over 5 Million and includes a tennis court and a pool and over 1 acre of grounds (and this is in the city). Many of the homes in the area are older -- teens and 20s and bigger. I think this was perhaps built by them in the 60s (because the garage was attached).

I enjoyed seeing the inside of this house AND I will enjoy my new treasures!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6400-Wenonga-Ter-Mission-Hills-KS-66208/75564294_zpid/

Comments (47)