SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

TwinStrangers-a website to find your doppelgänger

rob333 (zone 7b)
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I can't believe it?! I realize that it could be possible to look a lot like someone, but these folks are close enough to be twins, or even triplets? Amazing.

TwinStrangers.net

Comments (16)

• nicole___
    4 years ago

They look so cute together! Exactly alike!

I used to go to this King Soopers/Krogers grocery store, now closed....and I'd hear..."Your not working today?" I'd look puzzled....and then, "Your not her, are you?" I never met my doppelganger.

• Lars
    4 years ago

It looks like that site only works for women. However, I have been confused for several other people, including an actor in Italy. In Rome when I went into a fabric store, the people there thought they knew me and that I had been in the week before. At the Newark Amtrak station, someone came up to me and said, "You're with Kevin, right?" My brother's name is Kevin, but he said he does not know anyone in Newark. In 1981, someone in Vancouver showed me a picture of a friend of his in Australia that looked exactly like the way I looked then. I sort of feel very common.

• patriciae_gw
    4 years ago

I have one out there who not only looks like me but we share the same name. I must be a common type though because I have been mistaken for a couple other people as well.

• eld6161
    4 years ago

I knew of Niamah. She found tow others that looked like her.

It's fun, but I don't think I have an interest in finding one.

• maifleur01
    4 years ago

I do have at least one if not more who looks like me in this area. Even one that is about a foot taller than I am.

One thing about sharing the same name is that names are often popular then go out of fashion so that is one of the reasons of similar names. Another reason could be that you are related in some way as families often use the same or similar names even over centuries.

Having ancestors from the same regions has an influence on body build and facial structure.

• patriciae_gw
    4 years ago

We shared the same first and last name. I met two different sets of people who had met her at a National Park in the west and assumed I was her. Very strange but as I said I must be a standard type. My last name is fairly common though. Patricia was an astonishingly popular name in the south back in the day. There were always several in my classes when I was at school there. I have a SIL who has the same name except our middle names. Mine is weirdish so I have to be thankful for an off the wall mom.

• jemdandy
    4 years ago

I have met my doppelganger. He was my cousin, 8 yr older than me, and sadly he passed away a couple of yrs ago. After we aged past 60 yrs, we could have passed for brothers and possibly twins.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

My mother and father said they were at a dinner and dance place in Louisiana and saw a girl that looked exactly like me. They thought I was there to surprise them. They went up to her and realized it wasn't me lol. They explained that she was a twin of their daughter. To bad no one had a camera.

• dedtired
    4 years ago

I’ve been mistaken for other people all my life. One time a contractor came to my door and kind of stood there dumbstruck. In a few seconds he said I was the spitting image of his daughter.

I was constantly confused with a girl one year ahead of me in high school. It got kind of tiring after awhile.

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

I did a double take at Costco the other day when I saw a man who looked exactly like my deceased brother. It was uncanny - same body type, height, haircut, facial features and he walked with the same type of gait my brother had too. He was even wearing a similar type of sunglasses and clothing that my brother would have worn.

I have not met my doppelganger, but when I was a teen many people thought I looked like Mackenzie Phillips. Same coloring, freckles, hair color and style and same body type and height. What was different between us was the mouth. There was something about the shape of her mouth/teeth/jaw that was completely different from mine. I can't really describe it well, but it was like her she had a little bit of an overbite or/receding weak chin or maybe both that made the difference.

• bpath
    4 years ago

When we moved to our new house when I was in 8th grade, I was riding in the car with my mom when she stopped to chat with a new neighbor. The neighbor looked in the car and said “Laura, what are you doing with Mrs ___?” I had not yet met Laura. Many people said we looked like twins (well, not identical, but super similar). I never quite saw it, myself. She’s still much prettier than me. But one day we happened to wear the exact same outfit to school and people really got confused. We were best friends all through high school.

• OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

Twenty years ago when we were building our house, we were living temporarily in our family lake house which is about 30 miles from here. I was constantly mistaken for a female veterinarian who had established a practice there. I never met her but so many people said we looked like we could be twins. My parents had passed away by that time so they probably would have known her and likely would have had a different opinion. It’s interesting though how much those two girls look alike.

• nickel_kg
    4 years ago

You know how some people find clowns creepy? that's the way I feel about doppelgangers. So a whole website about them, no thanks!! (lol)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm surprised at the number of people here who have had such experiences (Lars, I don't find your feature mainstream, much less, find you common in any way). I have had no similar experience. Well, except when we left the theater after the movie La Bamba. I have to say Donna and I do look quite alike. I was getting a lot of stares. HA! These days, her smile is far more "gummy" than mine. Neither of us looks like this any more. But back then, yep!

• Louiseab
    4 years ago

Well, not exactly a doppelgänger, but quite a coincidence. My name is Louise and all my friends know I love to cook. We live in a rural area and one day my phone rang and when I saw it was in our area I answered it. The woman said hi a Louise. After some small talk and while I was trying to figure out who she was, she said, “do you have that recipe I asked for?”. So I was too embarrassed to tell her I dint know who she was and what recipe she wanted. Then she said are you alright? You sound kind of funny? Which is when we figured out I was not her friend named Louise. That was weird.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH