SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pootyihl

Why didn't someone tell me...

DawnInCal
4 years ago

...about this wondrous thing called a glue gun?!?!

My whole life I never thought I was particularly crafty. Sure, my friends made all this cool stuff and they all had glue guns, but I had no idea that's what made them all so crafty! I thought one had to have special training to use a glue gun and that having one was sort of like being in a secret club. I knew they had glue guns, but no one every really talked about it.

A few months ago, I saw one in the dollar store and it was cheap, so I looked furtively around, put it in my cart, paid for it and snuck out of the store all the while expecting the craft police to descend upon me and confiscate my new toy. When I got home, I put it in a drawer, started getting ready to go on vacation and forgot about it. Truth be told, I think I was a little bit afraid of it.

Next week, a friend and I are hosting a tea party. All of the guests have been instructed to make a hat appropriate for a tea party. I bought a straw hat and some silk flowers but had no idea how I would attach them. I was thinking maybe twister ties or try to sew them on. Then I remembered the glue gun. I just spent several hours creating the most amazing hat - with a glue gun! OMGosh...all those wasted crafty years just flashed in front of my eyes!!!!!

This amazing tool has just opened up an entire new world of possibilities. If you don't see me for awhile, it probably means that I'm holed up in my studio coming up with new uses for a glue gun!!!

:-)

Comments (38)