SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Considering a new bed - questions about king size

3katz4me
4 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a new bed - queen size sleep number is very old and sooner or later will need to be replaced. I have never really wanted a king size bed and, until current home, didn't have room for one. However this weekend we were at a resort with a king size bed and I wondered if I shouldn't consider a king when I need a new one. We are relatively small people so plenty of room for us in a queen but we also have a couple cats sleeping with us and we could make use of another sixteen inches.

I've always just had a headboard and frame with the dust ruffle look and I'd like to get more of a platform type bed or something so can skip the dust ruffle concept. I don't care for the look of a higher foot board so looking at something lower profile. So I've been looking at them and the question I keep asking is - how many times are we going to come around the corner and slam our shins into the end of the bed? Am I imagining a problem that doesn't happen?

Another question - these beds look like they have a mattress only and no box spring type foundation. How does that work? I also think it's a PITA to put the comforter into the cover with a queen size and that's one reason I've put king size out of my mind. I think I'd likely skip the cover and get something that doesn't require one. However then I'd have a very large comforter/quilt to wash regularly - will my full size FL washing machine handle this?

I think that's all for now.

Comments (28)