SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Tuesday's Trivia Quiz

Jasdip
4 years ago

ELIZABETH had the *exact* answer; RUSTY and LINDSEY both said "coins"

A man who was deaf and mute went to the train station. Tickets are .50 each and the man gave the ticket agent $1. He was given 2 tickets.

How did the ticket agent know how many tickets the man wanted without being able to ask him?

A. He gave him 4 quarters.

Today's question is

How many beats per minute does a Hedgehog's heart beat?

Comments (16)

• Lindsey_CA
    4 years ago

Trick questions, Jasdip! A hedgehog's heart rate is different at three different times -- "regular," while sleeping, and while in hibernation. Bears also have varying heart rates depending on whether they're hibernating or "up and about."

• Elizabeth
    4 years ago

• blfenton
    4 years ago

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    4 years ago

I believe there are over a dozen species of HH but none in North America. I agree with Lindsey...trick question.

Little buggers sure are cute though!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I saw this question while I was out and about today and it had given an answer. So I'm standing by my question! LOL

• Lindsey_CA
    4 years ago

OK, then here are the answers, as I know them, but even these have ranges...

• Normal/awake heart rate: Anywhere between 200 and 280 bpm
    • Heart rate when sleeping: 145-150
    • Heart rate when hibernating: Between 2 and 20
  • Amazing Aunt Audrey
    4 years ago

180/190

• foggyj2
    4 years ago

depends how fast he's digging....lol

• Judy Good
    4 years ago

Well that was no fun at all. No use guessing now.

• nicole___
    4 years ago

Lindsey....if you look the answers up...then "your out of the game". Guess first, then you can look it up. Can't post what you look up.

• patriciae_gw
    4 years ago

Maybe Lindsey knows hedge hogs as they are often sold as pets. I know the heart rate of a cat because I had to monitor one.

• Lindsey_CA
    4 years ago

I don't often play the Daily Trivia because I got sick of being accused of cheating several years ago because I had "won" several times. I do not cheat. I happen to know a little bit about a lot of things, as do many people. When my brother converted from HIV+ to full-blown AIDS, he was hospitalized and his heart rate was 225 bpm for days. Last year I ended up in the ER and ended that day by getting a cardiac stent. Things related to hearts and heart rates are of interest to me (affect me) and, therefore, I did learn about them.

If you want to accuse someone of looking up the answers and then responding in the daily thread, you can look elsewhere.

And, while you're at it, Nicole, learn the difference between "your out of the game" and "you're out of the game."

• Lindsey_CA
    4 years ago

Also, Nicole, I guess you're not aware that HUMANS have different heart rates at different times. A human's resting heart rate is much lower than their heart rate when exercising.

Therefore, it is not unusual for someone to know that an animal that HIBERNATES will have a much different heart rate when hibernating than when "up and about."

See, even you can learn something.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    4 years ago

I just knew that you were going to attack Nicole regarding her grammar, Lindsey. Many of us feel that you (and others) feel the need to "win" this innocent and fun forum game, time and time again for years. We accept it and overlook it.

To attack Nicole for bringing it up is a very low blow. As a matter of fact, criticizing a person on a public forum for grammar or spelling is pretty low, period. It's beneath you.

• nicole___
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Lindsey...really? I'm from Texas. I don't gotta learn nuthin! ha ha ha ha I'm college edgamacated...........done trying to impress people spoiling my fun.