SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timothy_daniels79

Wide kitchen sink for 33" cabinet base

Tim
4 years ago

Hello. I have a 33" cabinet base and am looking for the biggest kitchen sink possible. I'd like a single bowl, square or rounded corner, stainless steel undermount sink. I've found several with bowl dimensions (EXCLUDING flanges) 28" long (left to right) x 16" wide (front to back) x 10" deep, including the Kraus Standard Pro KHU100-30, Kraus Kore KWU110-30, and Elkay Crosstown EFRU281610TC. I've also found several larger sinks (e.g., 30"L x 17"W x 10"D) that look great but require a 36" cabinet base to accommodate the flanges (maybe they'll fit in mine but could be tight, or require some modification to the cabinet). I'm wondering why I can't find more 28" long sinks that are wider than 16". Regardless of how long the sink is, the counter is 24" wide (front to back), so it seems strange to not offer a wider sink to fill the space. One of the few I found is the Franke Planar 8 PEX110-28 (28"L x 17"W x 9.5"D), but it's made of 18-gauge steel instead of the thicker 16 gauge, and is pretty expensive. Does anyone know why sinks for a 33" cabinet base tend to be sized this way (16" instead of wider)? Or more importantly, does anyone know of any wider models I may have missed? Thank you!

Comments (6)