Any info about the edit problem

Eat Well

Is Emily/Houzz aware of it? The “fix“ of copying your post with the mistake, pasting it into a new post, editing the mistake out before you submit and deleting your old post is a little ciunky. Is it happening on other forums as well?

SaveComment138Like
Comments (138)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eat Well

And of course there is a typo in my post. “Ciunky” should be clunky.

Save    
Stan Areted

Pretty much, unless we have a LOT of time, most of us will make typos or forget to put in a word or punctuation. I know I do. I do not use any spell check features or anything, and I'm almost always in a hurry.

We have become accustomed to enjoying editing; I recall erasers, correction tape and liquid correction fluid (awful, looked worse than a typo).

We can live with it.

Save    
Janie

No need to keep the mistakes on-screen

Just copy the comment, then delete the original and repost the comment, edited, of course, before you hit "submit".

Save    
chase_gw

I am sure Houzz is aware of it , and yes it is happening on other forums. Let just hope our local grammar/punctuation enforcers/commentors give it a rest until fixed.

6 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Copying the comment etc. may work for some but I have had words change even after reviewing when I hit post. The edit function needs to be returned.

4 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

And copying and positing puts the comment in at the end of the thread, not so useful when other comments have been made in response to it.

5 Likes Save    
Janie

And copying and positing puts the comment in at the end of the thread, not so useful when other comments have been made in response to it.

Not if you notice the editing needs right after you post a comment.

2 Likes Save    
margaux

Built-in review time, meant to make us question whether we really want to say that. ;)

Editing is not just for our own needs, Stan. It's for the reader so that we are communicating effectively.

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

It really does help to proofread. But I still manage to miss some things. I do tend to notice most of my errors right away, so no interruption of the flow - mostly.

Having your spellcheck turned on is helpful too. Chrome even checks grammar it seems - but of course there's no obligation to heed those red underlines.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Just to say I went to the Readers Paradise forum. On it, the "edit" mark does show. However, when I tried to use it, it would not work. Very frustrating.

Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

We can live with it

Why?

7 Likes Save    
Andie

I've seen threads about this on a couple other forums. Obviously, it's become an irritant for many.

2 Likes Save    

Hey - looks like the edit feature is working again!

At least it worked for me a minutes ago...

Save    
cait1

Edit test

gones the dayz

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I don't see the "edit" yet.

Save    
cait1

Edit test - fail

could not edit

Save    
maifleur01

I was able to access the edit portion earlier and made some changes but when I clicked on submit it just sat there. Ended up backing out.

Save    
mudhouse

Eddit test

Save    
mudhouse

Nope, still not working for me either. My Edit option has never disappeared, it just grays out and sits there when I try to use it (as maifleur said.)

Kind of like leaving the cookie jar in plain site, but gluing the lid on? :-)

5 Likes Save    

Apparently still not working on this forum. I assumed that because it worked on another forum, it was working everywhere - silly me!

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

LOL, I just saw I used the wrong "site" above. Shoulda been "sight." I'm leaving it in plane view (heh) just for the irony.

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

I was able to edit late yesterday. I think that was the first time I tried it since everyone else started having problems. Will try again here.

eta: It worked. Weird that I can edit when most can't.

Save    

Wondering why status says "waiting for facebook.com" while it's hanging there after I click submit for my edit?

Save    
graywings123(7)

Checking to see whether I can edit on this forum. I can on others.

Yes, I can edit.

There is no rhyme or reason for who can edit and who can't.

Save    
Delilah66

2 Likes Save    
HU9999

We can live with it.

Perhaps you can, but I don't think anyone has given you the right to speak for others.

Not being able to edit is frustrating and quite frankly ridiculous.

It's clearly a bug. Why houzz releases so many bugs and takes so long to fix them is incomprehensible. Don't you have testers? If you do, don't you have regression testing to make sure current functionality is not broken? Unit tests? Anything?

Very unprofessional. If I released software like this in my profession, I would not have my job for very long.

6 Likes Save    
Delilah66

womp womp

ETA another womp. Works for me.

Save    
Prim Rose

Speak for yourself. An obvious thing.

Save    
Prim Rose

Not working for me. it needs to be fixed because ..... it's unprofessional not to.

A word or spelling error change meaning. Something I'll see within seconds of posting. And should be able to fix.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I wish that proof reading worked for me. That function is permanently on the fritz in my brain. When I type something my "Look/Say" training from first grade makes it 'look' just fine. If the misspelling is an actual word I don't even get the helpful red underline. Combine with terrible typing skills(so unfair) and you have havoc. I do hope edit recovers and that it isn't terminal.

I remember back in the old days you had a reflective period between typing and posting where you were supposed to fix your errors before final posting

Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

Still not able to get edits to load.

Save    
margaux

I belonged to a forum that was bought out. One of the first signs of its impeding doom was they stopped fixing things that were broken.

Save    
HU9999

Still not able to get edits to load.

Me either. I find it interesting that Emily is quick to pop in to admonish posters for asking where other posters are. But a troublesome bug in their software, and total silence.

Maybe margaux is onto something.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Still no edit function here.

Save    
barncatz

Just put Kavanaugh in a list of the Dem candidates who called for his impeachment. Hit submit. Saw it later and copying, deleting, pasting, fixing, then posting it after later comments seemed 1) goofy and 2) meaningless in the face of the many existential threats we're facing.

Reader, I let it stay. I apologize to any I offended or enraged.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Has Emily responded here or anywhere that she's aware of the problem and/or is working on fixing it?

Save    
Andie

A number of threads have been posted on other forums regarding the issue. Not a peep from Houzz.

Save    
HU9999

Has spell checked stopped working for anyone else? Used to work. Now it doesn't.

No spell checker and no ability to edit posts. And still not a peep from the powers that be. So professional.

Save    
Emily H(9)

Hey there, Yes we are aware of the edit issue being reported. It's very helpful if you include the browser / version you are using to access the site when you report it. Often these things are limited to particular browsers or versions. Our team is taking a look.

In the meantime, be forgiving of other's typos. Everyone is human. :)

(We've never had spell check. That may be a feature of your browser.)

ETA - I'm editing. (on Safari)

2 Likes Save    
Carro

I use Chrome. Thank you.

Save    

I use safari, can edit but then cannot post the edited comment. Can delete.

Save    
Emily H(9)

Lindsey what version of Safari are you on? I'm on 12.1.2. If you are not up to date, definitely try that and see if it resolves.

Save    
ubro(2a)

I have Safari 12.1.2, I can edit but when I hit submit it does not post it.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I use safari, can edit but then cannot post the edited comment.

Same problem for me, and Safari is up to date.

The general impression is that Houzz is not dedicating resources to keeping its site user friendly. So many glitches so often.

1 Like Save    
Emily H(9)

Hi Nancy, I can assure you that we have a building full of engineers working on the site, but sometimes random bugs can appear along with other updates. Usually, once we are aware of them, a fix is close behind.

Thanks for the browser info!

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

I’m on safari 12.4.1 and I have the same problem. I can edit but it won’t post. Have to delete and repost correct version.

Save    
Kathy

Wow, it just worked fine. Figures.

Save    
Andie

I have Safari 12.1.2. Edit function does not work.

Save    
Emily H(9)

are you noticing a difference if you are on a gardenweb.com url vs. a houzz.com url?

Save    
Andie

I don't use the houzz domain. A couple people on other forums suggested it was the use of the gardenweb domain that was creating the problem.

Save    

Not sure what version of safari I have (lol) but I’m using my iPhone and there are no updates available for safari.

no idea if that helps, sorry...

Save    

This thread shows gardenweb.com

will test if I can edit.

Save    

Can edit, but the edit won’t post.

Save    
Emily H(9)

If you are having the edit issue and on a gardenweb.com url, try replacing gardenweb.com with houzz.com (keep the rest of the url identical) and see if you are still having the issue.

Save    
foodonastump

This is my edit test

Save    
Carro

Edit test. Worked.

Save    
foodonastump

Yep houzz url worked

Save    

edit test houzz url

edit

Save    

Yes houzz URL worked.

does this mean we will need to change every URL to houzz.com if we want to use the edit function?

1 Like Save    
Eat Well

Test

Save    
Eat Well

I just bookmarked Hot Topics Houzz in safari. From the Houzz HT home page, navigating around the board or to my account takes me right back to the GW url.

Save    
Chi

The problem with the Houzz domain is that I can't reply to anything on my phone (Android, chrome).

I just tried to create a post on the KT and it also didn't work on my phone.

Emily, does Houzz ever plan to make the site work correctly with Android/Chrome? It's a bummer since 90% of my forum use is on my phone.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Edit worked for me on Houzz.com but not on gardenweb.com. Safari 12.4.1 on iPad.

Save    
mudhouse

Edit test using houzz.com...

Okay I can edit after changing the URL from gardenweb to houzz. I'm using Firefox on a desktop PC.

Save    

Nope - didn't work for me...

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Emily, I'm on chrome on a mac.

I notice it isn't just the edit problem, but sometimes when I go to submit a new comment, the button will stay grayed out and it will freeze...same failure as with the edit. I will then reload the page to find that it did in fact submit and post the comment.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

I have no problems on the PC, but now that I switched to GW I can’t edit using my iPhone but can now initiate a thread which I couldn’t do from my iPhone using Houzz. First world problem.

Save    
Moxie

Edit test from PC.

OS: MS Windows 10 Home; 64-bit, version 10.0.18362 (last 5 digits are the build number)

Browser: Opera (based on Chrome) version 63.0.3368.71

URL: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5787339/any-info-about-the-edit-problem#n=65

Yes, I can edit from this combination.

Browser: Firefox 69.0 or Opera (based on Chrome) version 63.0.3368.71

URL: https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5787339/any-info-about-the-edit-problem#n=68

No, I could not edit from these combinations.

Browser: Microsoft Edge 44.18362.329.0

URL: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5787339/any-info-about-the-edit-problem#n=65

Yes, I can edit this combination.

Save    
Emily H(9)

Thank you for all the tests. This is very helpful and our team is on it to track down the cause and provide a fix!

2 Likes Save    

Thanks for your help and input Emily.

This next bit is meant as constructive criticism, or friendly feedback.

It should not take this long (a week or more) to identify a glitch and fix it.

There should be an easy way for users to report a bug and tech support should be able to fix it easily. Better yet, the repercussions of updates should be understood before the updates are implemented so that the fixes can begin immediately if they can’t be altogether avoided.

I know you likely have no ability to control what happens on the tech support side but I hope you have a voice at the table so that management knows what feedback their users are giving.

thanks again

Save    
Emily H(9)

I appreciate the feedback. Please do remember that we do have a support platform at help.houzz.com which is the best place to report any issues you may encounter on the site. Discussions are easily missed, and especially a stray comment here and there across multiple topics. Often we need follow up information from individuals through our support channel, so it really is the best place to start.

And agreed! Ideally, nothing breaks when we make updates to the site, but sometimes things do happen, despite preparation and testing. Houzz is a very large platform with many different moving pieces.

E

2 Likes Save    

No Emily, we can’t use help.houzz.com

The last three times I’ve tried I’ve received no response to indicate my message got through, not even a canned response. And since the issues don’t get resolved, it is easy to believe that no one is reading those messages. It’s exceedingly difficult to find that reporting link if you don’t know about it, too.

Then people begin posting threads on the forums, and the problem gets resolved.

Canada is not listed as a country that I can select when trying to file a report. You do have users in Canada.

I can patiently wait for fixes when I know they are coming, and I understand that Houzz is a big platform (though other big platforms feel less...cumbersome?...), and you do a good job when you interact with users on the forums.

There seems to be a disconnect between the user experience and the tech support side. That’s good information for houzz to have.

3 Likes Save    

Had to test for myself, so I just went and submitted a ticket, using the link provided above.

But it was not immediately clear. It took me a few click-throughs from the 'website help' link to get to the page where I could submit, and I had to click 'load more' to get to the option.

IOW, the help page seemed buried, and not immediately obvious to a person who may not be as savvy about such things. Having very specific topics that must be selected makes it somewhat confusing and discouraging as well.

Only later did I see 'contact us' at the very bottom of the first page. The font choice for that link may be in keeping with the style of houzz pages, but it does not stand out, IMO.

IMO, "contact us" would be better if it were obvious at first glance, not something one must fumble around to find - unless a company is deliberately trying to reduce the number of complaints it gets.

I did receive an immediate auto-response, however, it was in my junk folder, so I imagine some folks might miss that, if they don't check theirs regularly?

"This is an automated reply.

Your request (04476379) has been received and is being reviewed by our Customer Support staff. We strive to respond to all requests within 1-3 business days. Our normal hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm Pacific time, excluding holidays.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found at http://support.houzz.com.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Testing to see if my request will get through.
After participating in discussions about the edit feature not working, I read Emily's suggestion to submit a ticket.

ref:_00DE0I0gm._5000y1chlyA:ref"

1 Like Save    
HU9999

Reporting anything through help.houzz.com is a complete waste of time. It certainly appears as though nobody reads anything sent that way.

Tested and I can edit after changing URL to houzz instead of gardenweb.

Please make sure testing with gardenweb.com is added to your regression tests (assuming you have any) going forward. Easy way to avoid breaking it.

Save    
Sleeping Giant

HU9999

"Not being able to edit is frustrating and quite frankly ridiculous."

"Why houzz releases so many bugs and takes so long to fix them is incomprehensible. Don't you have testers?"

"Very unprofessional. If I released software like this in my profession, I would not have my job for very long."

"I find it interesting that Emily is quick to pop in to admonish posters for asking where other posters are. But a troublesome bug in their software, and total silence."

"No spell checker and no ability to edit posts. And still not a peep from the powers that be. So professional."

"Reporting anything through help.houzz.com is a complete waste of time. It certainly appears as though nobody reads anything sent that way."

==============

HU-9999, nobody's "forcing" you to stay here. You do know that, right? No need to lambaste a free Internet forum ON that very forum, that nobody's making you pay a fee to be a member of.

Not to mention the fact that you're questioning the integrity of a MODERATOR in one of your posts, when it's an I.T. and/or tech support issue.

How many times does Emily (patiently and politely) have to tell you that the Houzz support team is working hard to fix the problem? Most people would say, "Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We appreciate it!"

There's a polite way to approach it, but you already know that, don't you?

"Different strokes...", I guess.

4 Likes Save    

I also received & replied to this yesterday:

support@houzz.com

Wed 9/18/2019 1:08 PM

You

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to Houzz Support!

What can we assist you with?

Save    
foodonastump

Sleeping Giant - By your logic would complaints to your bank for poor service carry no weight if you only have no fee accounts? We might not be paying in cash but our use of their service is their bread and butter.

9 Likes Save    
margaux

I have used help.houzz.com for an issue with uploading photos to my Ideabooks. I'd go through all the steps and the photo wouldn't appear in my Ideabook. When I contacted them, they said to send them a screenshot. I can't screenshot something that doesn't appear on a screen and told them that. I never heard back. My feeling was that they didn't know what the problem was so they just didn't bother to reply.

Save    
Andie

Margaux, that's not very encouraging.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I still can find no "edit" function. I always use chrome. Why should I have to go to houz to use edit? I always have used Gardenweb to access this forum. Why can't the edit function be returned to Gardenweb?

Save    
foodonastump

Or why can’t putting in a gardenweb URL redirect to Houzz?

ETA their email links start with GW and redirect so they know how to do it!

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Mine randomly changes from GW to Houzz on iPad using safari.

2 Likes Save    

I've noticed the URL changing too, when I think to check it.

Glitches will be glitches, I guess.

And IMO, it's one thing to notify a host about a problem or issue, and another to kvetch about it and insult a host because of it.

1 Like Save    
Moxie

@ Andie

It's easy to accidentally "like" one's own post when checking to see who else liked the post. Depends on the browser and the monitor. Some touch screens are especially fussy about where one touches.

Save    
Andie

This wasn't an accident. It was an alter ego.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

HU-9999, nobody's "forcing" you to stay here. You do know that, right?

Really? Wow, and all this time I thought I was forced to come here and post. Whew, thanks for clearing that up for me! /sarcasm/

How many times does Emily (patiently and politely) have to tell you that the Houzz support team is working hard to fix the problem?

Since you're clearing paying very close attention to my posts, I'm not sure how you missed the answer to your own question! But I'll help you out. The answer is once. She said it once. And that was after all of my comments that you copied/pasted except for one. And the one I added was to reply to her recommendation on how to report problems. Her recommendation was to use a link that is useless.

Hope that cleared things up for you.

Save    
barncatz

Well, I is confused. I view the site, using Chrome, and don't understand the Houzz url thing. I get to Hot Topics after choosing Gardenweb discussions from the Houzz main menu, so the address is always under gardenweb.com.

Can someone share the Houzz url I'm supposed to use to reach Hot Topics? If I'm understanding this??

Save    
haydayhayday

barncatz:

"Well, I is confused. I view the site, using Chrome, and don't understand the Houzz url thing. I get to Hot Topics after choosing Gardenweb discussions from the Houzz main menu, so the address is always under gardenweb.com.

Can someone share the Houzz url I'm supposed to use to reach Hot Topics? If I'm understanding this??"

This "fix" is good for editing one of your posts. That's what it's good for and, when I try to use it otherwise, it gets weird, bouncing around between Houzz and Gardenweb.

If you don't have a post of yours that you are trying to edit, it shouldn't matter to you whether you're seeing it at Houzz or at Gardenweb.

If you do want to edit one of your posts, get to Houzz.

One of the topics I've been posting and correcting on.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5787819/the-affodability-of-health-insurance-has-deteriorated-since-2015#n=97

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5787819/the-affodability-of-health-insurance-has-deteriorated-since-2015#n=97

The two links take me to essentially the same place, but if I want to edit my comments, I need to use the first one, the houzz one.

And, if I'm at the gardenweb one, I simply drag my mouse over the "gardenweb" in the url and type in "houzz" instead of it.

Then I hit enter.

Works for me.

Hay

edit:

Yehaw!

Save    
Eat Well

The other issue, as mentioned above, is that when you click around the forum the Houzz hot topics URL randomly changes to the GW URL.

1 Like Save    
haydayhayday

Eat Well:

"The other issue, as mentioned above, is that when you click around the forum the Houzz hot topics URL randomly changes to the GW URL."

That's what I mentioned.

"This "fix" is good for editing one of your posts. That's what it's good for and, when I try to use it otherwise, it gets weird, bouncing around between Houzz and Gardenweb.

If you don't have a post of yours that you are trying to edit, it shouldn't matter to you whether you're seeing it at Houzz or at Gardenweb."

Hay

Save    
Eat Well

Yes, I get it. I wanted to compose a post that put the emphasis on the additional problem of the changing URL.

Save    
barncatz

Thanks guys. The problem I was encountering was that I'm using a touch screen, so I couldn't grab just the gardenweb to change it. I typed in Houzz.com/discussions/hottopics and got to the page.

Save    

barncats if you’re on an apple device, tap the address bar to display the full address, then do a quick tap on the word you want to replace. Select “select” (lol) which will highlight the word you want to change, then type in the new word and hit return. It will bring you to the same page on the other site.

if you’re on Android, press and hold on the word you want to replace to highlight it. Then change it and proceed with the return button.

on either device you might have to drag the blue dots to only highlight the word you want. HTH

I can’t post on Houzz addresses. I can edit though.

I can’t edit on gardenweb addresses. But I can post.

1 Like Save    

Testing 123

Worked for me too!

Last time I tried it didn't.

Save    
Linda

Well, this is a bummer to do it that way. A waste of time.

Save    
margaux

It's easier just to edit it, delete it, and repost it.

1 Like Save    
Linda

How now, Browne cow.

Save    
barncatz

Thanks, misslindsey. I'm on a Samsung tablet. The problem was when I tried to just highlight the word by holding it, it moves to a different page, --- never mind, anyway, that page has an edit pencil icon which - once I finally paid enough attention - I can use to change gardenweb to houzz. Think I agree with margaux.

Really, as if I don't have enough to do, monitoring the safety of the world.

2 Likes Save    
margaux

You deserve a medal, barncatz. :)

1 Like Save    
Chi

Same, Lindsey. I don't know which one is worse - no posting/replying or no editing!

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Not going to happen margaux:

1) I'm female

2) I don't play a professional sport.

C'est la vie.

2 Likes Save    
Eat Well

Emily, any updates about the edit issue and the changing URL issue?

Save    
petalique

I edited one OP today. But later went to edit a comment and was not able to.

Save    
Haoyu Chen

@Eat Well Hi there, I am engineeer at Houzz and are trying to fix it. Sorry about the inconvenience and will keep it posted once it's been fixed here. Thanks!

---

Test

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Haoyu Chen just a suggestion but with management's permission use several regular poster to verify that any fix will work. Before I retired often fixes that would work one place would not work when implemented. You should be able to implement the changes on a one to one experiment.

1 Like Save    

Haoyu Chen, thank you for your efforts.

The edit problem was first mentioned in this thread on September 14. On September 18, Emily writes that the problem is being addressed. It's now September 30, and we are informed again that the problem is being addressed.

Makes one wonder . . .

Save    
Haoyu Chen

@nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10 yep, we should have been processed it faster. There is room for us to improve. I will try to push this to be a urgent patch and hopefully fix it tonight

4 Likes Save    

Thank you again.

1 Like Save    
PRO
The Cook's Kitchen

On Opera, no edit works. On Safari, it does. IPhone.

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hi everyone, we already identified the cause and has made fix to our development environment. The fix will be rolled out on Wednesday. I wish it could be rolled out to all of you right away. But we do have a release schedule at the company. Again, thanks for all your patience and effort to make the platform better.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Kind of off topic but since the workaround has been to change the URL I’ll ask anyway:

I recently updated my phone to iOS 13.1.2 and (I think) since then I generally can’t edit in the address/search bar. If I hold my finger in the middle (as in to erase gardenweb and replace with houzz) it selects all no matter what I do. Can’t place the cursor in the middle. Any ideas?

Save    

FOAS here’s what I do (iPhone 8):

-tap the address in the search bar (it will show the full address, highlighted)

-tap the address again (it will give you the menu to copy, cut, etc)

-tap the address a third time where you want to make the edit. At this point it is possible to hold on the line of type to drag the cursor to wherever you need it to be.

I hope that helps. I’m coming from Android and still trying to figure out this iPhone stuff; it isn’t very intuitive imo.

Save    
foodonastump

Thanks - That’s exactly what I’ve been doing all along but no longer can. My son is on 12-something and I can still do it on his phone. Anyway as I was just checking that he said just hold down the space bar and slide it, and that works and is actually easier. I learned something new today!

ETA (because now I can!) after playing with it, I‘d no longer call it easier. it’s a PITA. But it does work.

2 Likes Save    

Whoa, love that spacebar tip FOAS. Give your son a hug from me :-D

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

This edit problem still continues.

If it helps at all, the edit function works fine to change the initial post...it doesn't work yet with subsequent ones.

Save    
foodonastump

Today is Wednesday. I‘d expect the fix in today or overnight based on above comment.

Save    
Eat Well

Well, if the site is wonky today we will know the reason. Hopefully the roll out will be bug free.

1 Like Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Trying the edit function.

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

It didn't work....

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hello everyone, it should work now!

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

Thank you!

Save    
blfenton

let's see if it's working.

ETA - yes or no

And YES it is, for now anyway

Thank-you, that will make our conversations so much easier especially as we can correct potential misunderstandings

3 Likes Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Trying again... did it work?

Yes it did!

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Can I edit?

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Wahoo!

Save    

Working for me as well now - many thanks!

Save    
margaux

It works!

Save    
haydayhayday

Works.

Hay

Save    
HU9999

testing edit...did it work? Yes! Hooray!

Save    
Kathy

Testing/ yes it works!

Save    
queenmargo

testing too. Yup it works;)

Save    
chase_gw

Let's see if it works for me.......yay, it does !!!

Save    
Andie

Haoyu Chen, thanks much! You're clearly someone who gets things done. Good to know!

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Haoyu Chen, thanks much! You're clearly someone who gets things done. Good to know!

I was just about to buy some Houzz products, could you do me a favor....... LOL

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Thank you Houzz, and Haoyu Chen!!

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

going to try it.

Thanks, finally I can get my punctuation right.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

I tried editing yesterday and it still didn't work. Just tried it now and bingo——it’s finally working.

Save    
live_wire_oak

Edit is working. Mostly.

But I’m having odd issues with not being able to correct misspellings within the text BEFORE I hit submit. The backspace doesn’t work occasionally, and if I highlight the misspelled word to correct, the first letter key that I hit disappears it, but the letter doesn't appear on screen. Opera on a iPhone. I tested Safari and Chrome too. It happened on Safari, but hasn’t repeated on Chrome.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design How to Look Good From Any Angle (the Garden Edition)
Does your garden pique interest from one vista but fall flat from another? These tips and case-study landscapes can help
Full Story
Most Popular The Latest Info on Renovating Your Home to Sell
Pro advice about where to put your remodeling dollars for success in selling your home
Full Story
Most Popular Make Your Own Barn-Style Door — in Any Size You Need
Low ceilings or odd-size doorways are no problem when you fashion a barn door from exterior siding and a closet track
Full Story